Friday games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Friday games

Reaction Score
Marq loses again. Playing themselves out of a hosting gig.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Did Grymek play in the 4th?
Yes she did, but was a non-factor. Played the first ~3:30 and then briefly a litter bit later.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Very important win for ASU. Virtually ensures they stay out of the dreaded 8/9 game of the NCAAs, and gives them a chance at a bye for the Pac-12 tournament.

Marquette has issues. That's 2 of 3 games they've lost since the season-ending injury to Davenport.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This friday is the calm before the storm. This time next friday ill be over at the coliseum taking in the 2 vs 7/10 matchup at the ACC WCBB tourney..... the next friday I'll be watching the ACC Men's tournament for the last time over free TV.. the friday after that is 1st round of the men's and women's tournament.... the following friday is the Sweet 16 both men's and womens.... and finally the friday after that is the Women's Final 4.

I should have told all the women in the metro that this is the last friday Im available for a date until the second friday in April :cool:
THat was awesome! I am on a train home and just burst out with a Gaffaw and got the whole car looking a team me! Priceless

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Missed the 4th Q and the long scoreless drought, but I share your view Plebe, thought it was overall a well executed defensive slugfest. But man, OSU was basically a two-woman show today (Pivec and Goodman). And wow, CTT is a magician: at the half she "guaranteed" a big 3rd quarter and said they needed to get the ball to Ibis more, and sure enough, they did, and it was.

Very important win for ASU. Virtually ensures they stay out of the dreaded 8/9 game of the NCAAs, and gives them a chance at a double bye for the Pac-12 tournament.

Marquette has issues. That's 2 of 3 games they've lost since the season-ending injury to Davenport.

Also important win for PAC-12 tourney - either ASU or UCLA is going to have to play on the first day, so locking up fourth place is a big deal. Also marginally important for the Stanford vs. Oregon State race for #2 - short of losing both games in Washington this weekend, we'll be the number two seed in the PAC-12 thanks to the ASU upset.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In other action, Creighton closes 1Q on a 15-2 run to lead Marquette, 28-13. Upset alert.

And Butler is down huge (25 points) to Georgetown in 4Q. This will be a huge blow to Butler's at-large chances.

Butler didnt need to be in the NCAA tourney anyway
33.gif

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
This UCLA production is frustrating. They keep cutting away from the action to show useless graphics.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Luckily it was sublime in the 3rd quarter so they could afford to go scoreless for 6+ minutes.

And Rueck just got T'ed up twice in succession and ejected.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: He's the most mild mannered coach Ive ever seen in person

Plebe

Reaction Score
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: He's the most mild mannered coach Ive ever seen in person
He's mild mannered, except when he isn't. I've seen a handful of games where he rides the refs hard and has picked up techs.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Some bad news for Oregon. Taylor Chavez, by far their best guard off the bench, is out "indefinitely" with a foot injury.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's quite ironic that the two LA schools have possibly the worst live streams in the Pac-12.
Stanford was like that last week. It’s because they’re just sending the same video that goes to the scoreboard. Sometimes they cut away, but the I saw more ads for Stanford’s Credit Union than replays.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Somehow 5-7 Aari McDonald swatted 6-5 Lydia Giomi in the Oregon-Arizona game. She got up fairly high and got off balance, pretty much landed directly on her face. Looked like it hurt. Left the game for a while but came back in. She's having a nice duel w/ Ionescu. Oregon's been in control most of the way but Arizona is hanging around.

edit--Ionescu and Destiny Graham had a little shoving match, refs reviewing it. Could be a double technical.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington is giving Cal everything they can handle, within 2 at halftime. Keeping Anigwe sort of under control (8 pts/8 boards). Melgoza is having a nice game w/ 13 points. Missy Peterson might've found her missing shooting touch. She's not wearing a mask tonight, been wearing it most of the season, I don't think she ever adjusted to it.

edit--oops, Anigwe scored 8 in the first 3 minutes of Q3 and Cal is blowing it wide open, up 14

Last edited:

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Aari McDonald reminds me of Megan Walker when she's having a good game.

Reaction Score
I’m at the Oregon-Arizona game. AZ really gave the Ducks a game in the first half. McDonald is explosive - reminds me of Arike except she’s a PG and not a chucker. Hebard wearing a brace, but playing great. She and Sabally are eating the AZ bigs alive on both ends in the 2nd half and there’s nothing they can do about it,

Plebe

Reaction Score
I’m at the Oregon-Arizona game. AZ really gave the Ducks a game in the first half. McDonald is explosive - reminds me of Arike except she’s a PG and not a chucker. Hebard wearing a brace, but playing great. She and Sabally are eating the AZ bigs alive on both ends in the 2nd half and there’s nothing they can do about it,
The player McDonald most reminds me of is Odyssey Sims. Both lefties, very fast, great defenders, "triple threat" point guards.
Arizona really challenged Oregon in the first half but the Ducks have been up to the test.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal was up as much as 14. Washington whittled down to 3 but they're going to come up short again. Melgoza was brutal in the 2nd (3-17 I think). She killed their come back. Coach needed to let somebody else shoot the last several possessions. Peterson was on fire, 9-12 overall and 5-6 behind the arc. Anigwe did her thing, 20 points and 17 rebounds. Cal up 6 w/ 3.5 seconds left. UW has been close but not quite at least 3 times against Cal the last 2 seasons.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA and Utah was back and forth but Bruins pulling away down the stretch. Gonna come down to the last day of the season for that coveted 4th spot and 1st round bye in the conference tourney.

Stanford is killing Wazzu.

Looks like USC is going to beat Colorado. UW might actually finish 1/2 game out of last place thanks to cancelling the game against ASU and Colorado's struggles.

Plebe

Reaction Score
UCLA led by only 3 at the half but really ran away from Utah in the 2nd half.
Onyenwere with another monster game: 29 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals.
Kennedy Burke added 19 points, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 assists.

Utah has been a sad story this season. Lost 2 starters to ACL injuries, and those 2 late collapses vs. ASU will probably be what keeps them out of the NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom