Friday games | The Boneyard

Friday games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
None of the Big East games look particularly compelling. Villanova @ Xavier will be on FS2 (7pm ET), for what that's worth.

But the Pac-12 will be rocking again:

#9 Oregon St @ #21 Arizona St (8pm ET, Pac-12 Network). OSU looks to avenge its overtime loss at home to the Sun Devils.
#6 Oregon @ Arizona (10pm, Pac-12 Network)
#7 Stanford @ Washington St (10pm, Pac-12 Bay Area)
Utah @ #25 UCLA (10pm, UCLA Live Stream). Utah desperately needs a win to bolster its at-large resume.
Cal @ Washington (10pm, Washington Live Stream)
Colorado @ USC (10pm, Pac-12 Mountain)

Reaction Score
None of the Big East games look particularly compelling. Villanova @ Xavier will be on FS2 (7pm ET), for what that's worth.

But the Pac-12 will be rocking again:

#9 Oregon St @ #21 Arizona St (8pm ET, Pac-12 Network). OSU looks to avenge its overtime loss at home to the Sun Devils.
#6 Oregon @ Arizona (10pm, Pac-12 Network)
#7 Stanford @ Washington St (10pm, Pac-12 Bay Area)
Utah @ #25 UCLA (10pm, UCLA Live Stream). Utah desperately needs a win to bolster its at-large resume.
Cal @ Washington (10pm, Washington Live Stream)
Colorado @ USC (10pm, Pac-12 Mountain)
Oregon can lock up the #1 seed in the conference tournament, and at least a share of the regular season title in the PAC-12 with a win tonight.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That 5pm or is it 6pm start for that Arizona State game is brutal on a weekday. Guess they just want retirees and college students to attend.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That 5pm or is it 6pm start for that Arizona State game is brutal on a weekday. Guess they just want retirees and college students to attend.
Ha 6pm local time. To accommodate a double header on the Pac-12 Network.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha 6pm local time. To accommodate a double header on the Pac-12 Network.

Those Devils are hard to watch, so are my devills, it will probably be a close game in the 4th quarter..... probably something like 42-38, so I'll check on it then.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Those Devils are hard to watch, so are my devills, it will probably be a close game in the 4th quarter..... probably something like 42-38, so I'll check on it then.
Ha well FWIW their win at OSU was 79-76.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This friday is the calm before the storm. This time next friday ill be over at the coliseum taking in the 2 vs 7/10 matchup at the ACC WCBB tourney..... the next friday I'll be watching the ACC Men's tournament for the last time over free TV....... the friday after that is 1st round of the men's and women's tournament.... the following friday is the Sweet 16 both men's and womens.... and finally the friday after that is the Women's Final 4.

I should have told all the women in the metro that this is the last friday Im available for a date until the second friday in April :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
This friday is the calm before the storm. This time next friday ill be over at the coliseum taking in the 2 vs 7/10 matchup at the ACC WCBB tourney..... the next friday I'll be watching the ACC Men's tournament for the last time over free TV.. the friday after that is 1st round of the men's and women's tournament.... the following friday is the Sweet 16 both men's and womens.... and finally the friday after that is the Women's Final 4.

I should have told all the women in the metro that this is the last friday Im available for a date until the second friday in April :cool:
Lots of good basketball to look forward to. I'm gonna be at the Pac-12 tournament in Vegas at this time next week. Will be my first time attending any conference tournament in person ... should be fun.

Plebe

Reaction Score
ASU is hurting OSU on the O-boards, leading 13-8 at end of 1Q. I know @nwhoopfan must be loving this start :cool: Beaver State is 0-4 from the arc so far.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ha well FWIW their win at OSU was 79-76.

Double OT though. This one is definitely looking like it will be on the low scoring end of the spectrum.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In other action, Creighton closes 1Q on a 15-2 run to lead Marquette, 28-13. Upset alert.

And Butler is down huge (25 points) to Georgetown in 4Q. This will be a huge blow to Butler's at-large chances.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Weird ending to the Villanova-Xavier game.

Xavier was down by 3 with about 15 seconds left. They stole the inbound pass and then a few seconds later called a timeout. The problem was they didn't have any TOs left; apparently it was the coach's mistake, not a player's. Technical foul, Nova ended up winning by 5.

Plebe

Reaction Score
ASU is off to a great start in 3Q, extended the lead from 3 to 9 and forced Rueck to call a timeout.

Nice interview with Ekmark's dad. He says that Courtney wants to coach (what? I didn't know that!) and that hopefully she can someday be a head coach and he can be her assistant (he was her coach in high school).

Meanwhile, two more buckets by ASU and the lead is at 13. OSU needs to respond.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Charli Turner Thorne, in her halftime interview, promised an "amazing" 3rd quarter ("mark my words," she said) and I'll be darned if she wasn't true to her word. ASU started on a 13-0 run and lead by 15 after 3Q.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Marquette is shooting poorly, and Brockton has 0 points and 4 fouls. A loss looks likely, as they trail by double-digits. 55-42 Creighton after Q3.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can we get ASU or OSU in our bracket?

Slocum is pulling a Blockton: 0 points and 4 fouls. It's contagious!

Plebe

Reaction Score
This is an ugly 4th quarter. No scoring in almost 4 minutes.
Two of the best defensive teams in the country. It happens. But I really don't find it ugly just because it's low scoring. Both teams are well coached and they've scouted each other well. ASU in particular has done a good job, for the most part, of running OSU off the 3-point line.

But OSU is really hurting themselves from the FT line, just 4 of 11. :eek:

Reaction Score
Two of the best defensive teams in the country. It happens. But I really don't find it ugly just because it's low scoring. Both teams are well coached and they've scouted each other well. ASU in particular has done a good job, for the most part, of running OSU off the 3-point line.

But OSU is really hurting themselves from the FT line, just 4 of 11. :eek:
ASU offense has also been ugly this quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
ASU offense has also been ugly this quarter.
Luckily it was sublime in the 3rd quarter so they could afford to go scoreless for 6+ minutes.

And Rueck just got T'ed up twice in succession and ejected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom