Friday conference tournament games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Friday conference tournament games

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
WOW!!!!

Wow!!!!!

Oregon upsets Washington. I'm telling you. This Oregon team is good but young. They are only gonna get better!!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well that was something, huh?

Could we get a best of seven between these teams? Please?

Heck, I'd settle for a game of 1-on-1 between Plum and Ionescu. First to 1000 wins, lol

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plum went cold down the stretch. Credit to the Ducks for hanging in there. Bando had a huge game for them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
199100729_d1bcac0eb4_b.jpg

Darn... I was rooting for the huskies

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Well that was something, huh?

Could we get a best of seven between these teams? Please?

Heck, I'd settle for a game of 1-on-1 between Plum and Ionescu. First to 1000 wins, lol

Wasn't that fun?!? It's nice to see a great game where you as the fan doesn't care who wins!! Just enjoying the game!!!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UW was 5-24 behind the 3 point arc. That's their bread and butter usually.

Osahor had 12 points 27 rebounds 6 assists. Definitely one of the best post players in the country in my book.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Could have a "Civil War" in the Pac 12 Final.

I wouldnt want Oregon in my bracket.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I really am loving the Pac-12 Network. Thank God for my Sling TV :p

Mary Murphy just might be my favorite color analyst right now. She adds so much value to the game.

I have sling... But can't find the Pac 12.... Maybe I didn't sign up for that option now that I think about it. I watch the Pac 12 games on a free streaming link.. I love the ACC.. But the Pac 12 has the most entertaining games.. This season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Heartbreaker for U-Dub. Plum missed her last 7 shots and didn't score in the last 7:00 of the game. She had a great wraparound pass and assist to Osahor for an "and-one" with about 3:00 left to play, but that was the last time UW scored.

There was a huge turning point with about 6:30 left to play when UW was up 64-56 and looked ready to pull away. McDonald turned the ball over in transition, which led directly to a Lexi Bando 3-pointer. That cut the lead to 5. Then Plum missed a 3 and Bando answered with another 3 to make it a 2-point game. Those 30 seconds proved critical.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I have sling... But can't find the Pac 12.... Maybe I didn't sign up for that option now that I think about it. I watch the Pac 12 games on a free streaming link.. I love the ACC.. But the Pac 12 has the most entertaining games.. This season.

You have get either "Sling orange extra" or "Sling blue extra." The "sports extra" is an additional $5/mo. Also gets you ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network, etc.
https://www.sling.com/service

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You have get either "Sling orange extra" or "Sling blue extra." The "sports extra" is an additional $5/mo. Also gets you ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network, etc.
https://www.sling.com/service

I have the orange extra. Basically the only channels I need are the ESPN family, the food network and the travel channel (for the food shows)

Plebe

Reaction Score
I have the orange extra. Basically the only channels I need are the ESPN family, the food network and the travel channel (for the food shows)

If you get ESPNU and ESPNews then you should be getting Pac-12.

Reaction Score
WOW!!!!

Wow!!!!!

Oregon upsets Washington. I'm telling you. This Oregon team is good but young. They are only gonna get better!!
This UO Team is going to be fantastic next year, especially if they have another strong recruiting class. They played OSU as tough as anyone this year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This UO Team is going to be fantastic next year, especially if they have another strong recruiting class. They played OSU as tough as anyone this year.
If only they had been able to add Evina Westbrook!

Reaction Score
Yea. Mary Murphy is a great announcer. She sticks to the game. Doesn't get off tangent a lot if at all! For me former coaches are great analysts (Dan Hughes/Mike Thibeault)!
If great coaches make great announcers is the inverse true/?? Kara Lawson---a top Div 1 coach?? (I hope so)

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
If great coaches make great announcers is the inverse true/?? Kara Lawson---a top Div 1 coach?? (I hope so)
Not necessarily! There are equally great analysts that aren't/weren't coaches. Lawson, Lobo, and lachina robinson. But---I do notice the in game analytics is a little different with coaches.

Reaction Score
Heartbreaker for U-Dub. Plum missed her last 7 shots and didn't score in the last 7:00 of the game. She had a great wraparound pass and assist to Osahor for an "and-one" with about 3:00 left to play, but that was the last time UW scored.

There was a huge turning point with about 6:30 left to play when UW was up 64-56 and looked ready to pull away. McDonald turned the ball over in transition, which led directly to a Lexi Bando 3-pointer. That cut the lead to 5. Then Plum missed a 3 and Bando answered with another 3 to make it a 2-point game. Those 30 seconds proved critical.
Sometimes that darn defense ruins everything for the worlds greatest scorer. Osahor is great when she is going.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily! There are equally great analysts that aren't/weren't coaches. Lawson, Lobo, and lachina robinson. But---I do notice the in game analytics is a little different with coaches.
The difference is: Analysts, like Lawson, know the in's and outs' , nuts' and bolts of the game--and how it should be done---very good to great coaches---know how to motivate players to get them to do the nuts and bolts properly. Geno isn't the only one, maybe the best. Still I'd like to see Kara Lawson get a chance at the job. they aren't all Coopers, and a few icon players not to be named.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If only they had been able to add Evina Westbrook!

I don't think they were ever in serious consideration. Oregon St. was one of the finalists, but not UO.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is purely speculation, but I'm wondering if Plum started to not trust her teammates last night. They weren't producing much, been a problem lately. She forced some bad shots toward the end. She has a knack for getting bad shots to go in the bucket, but not last night. Huskies are only going to go as far as players like Romeo, McDonald, Collier, Johnson and Corral take them. Plum and Osahor can't do it all by themselves.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This is purely speculation, but I'm wondering if Plum started to not trust her teammates last night. They weren't producing much, been a problem lately. She forced some bad shots toward the end. She has a knack for getting bad shots to go in the bucket, but not last night. Huskies are only going to go as far as players like Romeo, McDonald, Collier, Johnson and Corral take them. Plum and Osahor can't do it all by themselves.

I don't think it's a question of whether she trusts them. I think part of it is her coach wanting her to take over, and part of it comes up in the context of just what happens to be working and not working in that particular game.

Did you see the Washington-Stanford game, where Stanford came from way down to beat UW? Plum went off for 40-something but literally everyone else on her team went ice cold in the second half. In crunch time Plum was taking almost all of her team's shots but that's because she was the only one who even looked like she wanted to take a shot.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plebe, I was at the UW-Stanford game. Also obviously Plum completely took over during the regular season finale against Utah. Maybe it's just a matter of the shots weren't dropping for her last night down the stretch that usually do. I have to wonder if she gets frustrated at times though. They got 2 points from the bench last night. Romeo was 2-8 from the floor. She HAS to knock down open 3's, and she's not doing it lately. Collier was actually 2-3 from the floor but only 5 points from a RS Senior, former McDonald's AA. Some of the other players need to do more than what they're doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom