Fri (1/11) games (Big East and Pac-12) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fri (1/11) games (Big East and Pac-12)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Minyon Moore is out for USC w/ concussion protocol. 26-9 in Q2, this one looks like a laugher.

welp... i was gonna watch some of that game. Seems like there is no need for me to watch now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don’t mean to be the 3rd wheel in yours and @Plebe party but here I am late to the game (literally) give me the full updates!

Feel free to join us. This one isn't airing in my area. It's gonna be replayed later. Oregon-USC is pretty boring, that's what I've got. That or UW-Colorado, but I'm recording that and will watch later. Most of this thread I'm just score board watching on ESPN.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
72-68 Utah final. Huge come back by WSU falls short.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am happy for Arizona as they have really surprised me and others this year. I am not surprised by Cal’s Struggles as while I think Lindsey is very likable she just isn’t a great coach either in recruiting or actual coaching especially in this conference. I predict 7th for this team...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UW gets their first conference win 68-58. One more and they eclipse last year's total.

edited--looks like they finally got a bit of that balanced scoring I've been begging for--15 for Melgoza, 11 for Peterson, 10 for Watkins, 9 for Van Dyke and 2 more players w/ 8.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
41-18 UO at halftime. Ionescu has a quiet 15, 14 for Sabally.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Beavs up 75-65 w/ about 3 minutes left.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Oh yeah..... Elon pulled out the victory 76-68. While the players werent as talented as Im used to watching on TV or in person.... it was an entertaining night..... good to be able to go to a game... an watch... without being nervous or caring who won or lost. The new Elon Arena is First Class all the way..... has to be one of the best mid-major arenas in the country. It probably would be in the top 3rd of venues in the ACC as well. The official attendance was 461 in an arena that seats 5,100. It was a spirited bunch though.
I am Hopeful you can get behind SOME school in NC that shows some promise as I know it won’t be UNCheat...;)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU up 83-70 in the closing seconds. 4-9 behind the arc. If you would've told me that before the game, I wouldn't think they had a chance of winning.

edited--22 and 21 for Slocum and Pivek, 13 for Corosdale, a big 12 off the bench for Grymek

24 for Onyenwere, 18 apiece for Drummer and Burke, 11 for Corsaro

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The attendance at the Galen Center tonight is truly pathetic. I've seen coffee shops with more people in them.

Reaction Score
Oregon State without Kat Tudor, played a fine game. Destiny Slocum is terrific. Best point guard I've seen this year. I really thought UCLA could win this game, but it seemed like Oregon State was determined (and confident) not to let this game get away. Very proud of OSU tonight. Growing up tonight.

One comment about the referees tonight. It didn't matter which team, but every single time someone shot the ball in the key, and it was contested, the whistle blew. Drove me crazy. Not every shot in the key contested is a foul. These refs need to swallow their whistle and let these kids play.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I thought ASU played well against Stanford tonight even if they were at home.
My prediction at this early point of the conference season is Stanford, Oregon, OSU, ASU, Utah, AZ, UCLA, Cal, USC, UW, WSU and Col

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Did I see Aquino in uniform for the Beavers? Perhaps because she was in LA?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My prediction at this early point of the conference season is

My prediction...still too early. I think it could be a bit topsy turvy before the end.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The attendance at the Galen Center tonight is truly pathetic. I've seen coffee shops with more people in them.
For 4 years I went to every game at Galen center to watch a local player that I am very close to her family. I could say I knew about 80% of the people there and all of the security guards and some of the band. Nobody goes to USC games. IMO, it isnt the neighborhood either that is the problem. Not sure why they get no support. Any sizable crowd is due to the road team having family and friends show up.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I thought ASU played well against Stanford tonight even if they were at home.
My prediction at this early point of the conference season is Stanford, Oregon, OSU, ASU, Utah, AZ, UCLA, Cal, USC, UW, WSU and Col
Not bad. I really am seeing 3 distinct tiers so far:
Top tier: Oregon, Stanford, Oregon St
Middle tier: Utah, ASU, Arizona, UCLA, Cal
Bottom tier: Colorado, WSU, UW, USC

The middle tier is really muddled. I could see the Pac-12 getting anywhere from 5 to 8 teams in the NCAA tournament.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
My prediction...still too early. I think it could be a bit topsy turvy before the end.
Really? It’s a discussion not a monetary bet...I must say, I am a bit disappointed :oops:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Not bad. I really am seeing 3 distinct tiers so far:
Top tier: Oregon, Stanford, Oregon St
Middle tier: Utah, ASU, Arizona, UCLA, Cal
Bottom tier: Colorado, WSU, UW, USC

The middle tier is really muddled. I could see the Pac-12 getting anywhere from 5 to 8 teams in the NCAA tournament.
I learn towards 7/8 teams making it. Heck, for my next job, I may ask @EricLA, @LoTrader or @NWHoopFan2 for a reference to get a position in the Pacific time zone!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I got bored w/ UO-USC so I quit watching. Looks like the Ducks kept the pedal down. While almost everybody has been locked in close battles that go down to the wire, UO has back to back 40 point beat downs.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
DePaul squeaks by Georgetown 69-64

Was down 36-23 at half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members