Freshmen vs Transfers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Freshmen vs Transfers

Reaction Score
What do you define best player as?

To me, your top 3 players would be your best players. Maybe we see it differently.
Yeah top 3 or 4, and either way Newton was in that group of best players

Reaction Score
There’s a lot to say about bringing in mature kids from D-1 programs who have played in big(ish) games against real college competition and in front of hostile crowds, who may be more capable of absorbing a Hurley offense that we’ve heard is complex. This is why I’m not of the camp who expects the freshmen outside of Castle to be big contributors; and I doubt he will lead our scorers. The scoring will already be spread too evenly between Newton, Clingan, Karaban, and Spencer; three of those guys will be in year two of the program, and two guys will be in their fifth year in D1. Castle will be drafted on potential more than production imo. Hope I’m wrong, because if I am, he will be an all-BE player.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Are you this difficult in real life?
I’m the difficult one and not the take that all of a sudden has Newton being more impactful than Karaban and Clingan?

Gotta be a troll. Lol

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My desire for players is based on whether I think they move the needle to contend for championships whether they are freshman or transfers. Bouknight, Akok, Jackson, Sanogo, Hawkins, Floyd, Johnson, Clingan, Karaban, and all 5 of our new guys have seemed like worthy freshman investments to me. I really don't have the same view of our 2024 prospects. Admittedly, I have only gone in and out of games watching our top prospects, but, sign me up for a heavier dose of transfers for next year's team. I liked Carlton who showed well with Houston, and Ngongba seems like a player of that ilk. I think adding any actual 2024 impact player will need to come from the portal or a 2025 reclass.
Look at Nowell some more and tell us what you think. From my uneducated and inexperienced (watched two Peachjam games) I liked his game a lot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom