Freshmen stats | The Boneyard

Freshmen stats

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The four freshmen, including Ice, have been terrific. I decided to see what they’re averaging as a class so far.

6E5CF72D-0238-4D8D-95C6-45162A77709B.jpeg

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If freshmen in other seasons were this productive, Geno would have played them for as many minutes as he is playing these team members. But they weren't, and so he didn't. That's why many Boneyarders (among others) drew the inference that "Geno never gives significant minutes to freshmen" and/or "Geno never plays a rotation of more than 6 or 7 players". Now we are seeing how wrong those people were.

Reaction Score
It proves that Geno knows what he's doing when he selects the players he wants. It disproves the ridiculous posts of does Geno still have it in coaching.I would say not only does he have it,he never lost it!! Uconn will still have one of it's best years with this four-pack of Newbies this year and three more years to come. GO NEWBIES!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If freshmen in other seasons were this productive, Geno would have played them for as many minutes as he is playing these team members. But they weren't, and so he didn't. That's why many Boneyarders (among others) drew the inference that "Geno never gives significant minutes to freshmen" and/or "Geno never plays a rotation of more than 6 or 7 players". Now we are seeing how wrong those people were.
And the freshmen are doing this in games that are competitive, not cakewalks. To me, this is the real deal.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know a lot of people have been talking about some other top freshmen around the country, for good reason! But I have been really happy with what I’ve seen from ours so far.

KK is making a statement! And I won’t soon forget how confident Qadence looked in that NC state game when no one else really did.

Reaction Score
The most amazing stat that pops out at me is Assist/Turnover ratio. That would be exceptional for a senior point guard. The stats that most improve over the years are related to cutting down on mistakes and better decision making. Turnovers, personal fouls and bad shots are areas of weakness for many freshmen.

This group seems to get it early and are way ahead of the usual learning curve. It is not universally good, however, because while KK, Q and Ashlynn are off to a wonderful start, Ice has not yet shown much in the numbers. I think in time she will be a good inside and out scorer, and pretty good passer, but it hasn't happened yet and the stats you associate with bigs, rebounds and blocks, are weak so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom