Freshman | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Freshman

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Though I count myself among those who developed a combination of acceptance & fondness for Rodney over his career, the only time I thought about him last night was when a Colgate player was called for having his foot on the out-of-bounds line.
Rodney. But of course you were talking about the transfers.

Reaction Score
I don't know, but here's another question that sticks to only what we've seen and does not speculate on what's ahead: Was there anyone from last year's team who you were missing during last night's game?
Unpopular opinion but yes, Vance Jackson. If there's anything this team needs it's a knockdown 3 point shooter

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Really??
Best perimeter defender. And was really worried Terry would go cold second half. Vital and Gilbert shot like Roscoe at Texas with 18 seconds left. No Jalen. And not sure if Anderson could continue. So really given the circumstances of yesterday's game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Larrier was saying everybody was sleeping on Whaley. Maybe that wasn't just smoke? Jury is still out imo, but I like the intensity. Felt that was hit and miss last year.

Reaction Score
Whaley with 3 blocks, love it.

He might not put up Amidah-esque block numbers, but he looks like he can develop into a much more complete player with his energy, basketball IQ and instincts

8/4/3/1 in 16 minutes is a good start. Listen not even I want to make this an AB/KF thing but as freshman their IQ is tons better already which will result in better players at some point.

Again, you take the blocks (even though Whaley had 3 I wouldn't compare him to AB in that category as of yet) I'l take the guys who move their feet and are in the play right to the rebound. Like these kids a lot they work hard and smart.

Reaction Score
Larrier was saying everybody was sleeping on Whaley. Maybe that wasn't just smoke? Jury is still out imo, but I like the intensity. Felt that was hit and miss last year.

Really you're one whose opinion I respect on here. You don't think you've heard and seen enough to know the kid is gonna be a great role player this year. A high energy pogo stick junkyard dog type of the Dennis Rodman mold. A guy who can defend multiple positions and do all the little things that help you win ball games without being a star. I think this kid is a perfect fit for what this program and team needs. I can see now why he put up such big numbers in high school.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Really you're one whose opinion I respect on here. You don't think you've heard and seen enough to know the kid is gonna be a great role player this year. A high energy pogo stick junkyard dog type of the Dennis Rodman mold. A guy who can defend multiple positions and do all the little things that help you win ball games without being a star. I think this kid is a perfect fit for what this program and team needs. I can see now why he put up such big numbers in high school.

I think he'll be a good addition for sure. I don't know just how much this year. I'm mindful of the fact that the comp they've played is pretty weak. He is pretty thin, so when they start going up against bigger guys, it'll be interesting to see if he can compensate. All that said, I'll take his energy over Enoch's size, 10 out of 10. Overall, maybe he gets it done. I'm certainly not doubting him, just taking a wait and see approach.

He's gonna be really good in the coming years.

Reaction Score
I think he'll be a good addition for sure. I don't know just how much this year. I'm mindful of the fact that the comp they've played is pretty weak. He is pretty thin, so when they start going up against bigger guys, it'll be interesting to see if he can compensate. All that said, I'll take his energy over Enoch's size, 10 out of 10. Overall, maybe he gets it done. I'm certainly not doubting him, just taking a wait and see approach.

He's gonna be really good in the coming years.

I loved his pilfer that led to the Vital and 1.

Reaction Score
Best perimeter defender. And was really worried Terry would go cold second half. Vital and Gilbert shot like Roscoe at Texas with 18 seconds left. No Jalen. And not sure if Anderson could continue. So really given the circumstances of yesterday's game.
You must have taken last season off...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom