Freshman of the year online poll

Reaction Score
5:15 PM
Clark 30%
Jordan 26%
Bueckers 9%

Keep voting - it’s working!!

Reaction Score
I like Bueckers a lot! Her popularity is great. I'm just having a little fun with the fanboys here fawning over 18-21 year old women and their Coach like they invented the game. Sitting around writing lengthy dissertations on why Geno does this or that, why Paige is better than this player or that. As for Clark, I knew nothing about her till yesterday. So I took a look at some youtube and stats.

So Uconn has played 4 teams in the top 50, but 7-9 opponents are tournament bound? So now NIT teams represent good competition? Iowa has played 10 top 50 teams plus a couple of NIT type teams. As for Ark & Tenn, are they both better than 22-1 Tex A&M?

The reason Clark won't win and awards given out by the media is because her season will be over in a few days and the awards don't get announced for a few weeks. It's unfair but that's reality. The argument is that If you are the best player in the country then your team should make the tournament.

Reaction Score
No, this was just something I read. So Clark was 'badly' fouled out? So can players be 'goodly' fouled out?
Yeah, I got one. Getting your 5th with a 10 pt lead and 10 seconds left in the game.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I like Bueckers a lot! Her popularity is great. I'm just having a little fun with the fanboys here fawning over 18-21 year old women and their Coach like they invented the game. Sitting around writing lengthy dissertations on why Geno does this or that, why Paige is better than this player or that. As for Clark, I knew nothing about her till yesterday. So I took a look at some youtube and stats.

So Uconn has played 4 teams in the top 50, but 7-9 opponents are tournament bound? So now NIT teams represent good competition? Iowa has played 10 top 50 teams plus a couple of NIT type teams. As for Ark & Tenn, are they both better than 22-1 Tex A&M?
Ah, so when you say you are “having a little fun” you know that I said games instead of opponents, but just pretended you didn’t to be provocative. Five games = four opponents you mentioned within the top fifty, one of them a BE opponent played twice. To get to seven games you need just one more opponent UConn played twice. 64 teams = good chance for one more of those opponents. Out of Depaul, Marquette and Seton Hall two are likely to make the tourney = 3 total from the Big East. There’s an outside chance all three could make it, but I know you’re just having a little fun and it’s not your reading comprehension by claiming I referred to opponents.

I also know now you’re just having a little fun by citing Arkansas and Tennessee when, by seeding, South Carolina and Tennessee are the second and third best teams In the SEC.

Thanks for letting folks know not to take you seriously! However, fan boards are naturally places for “fanboys” to gather. You seem to be surprised by that concept.

Reaction Score
The reason Clark won't win and awards given out by the media is because her season will be over in a few days and the awards don't get announced for a few weeks.
Speaking of awards, someone with 4,000+ comments should know AA Teams, POY, are based on the regular season and conference tournaments. Therefore, you comment makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Speaking of awards, someone with 4,000+ comments should know AA Teams, POY, are based on the regular season and conference tournaments. Therefore, you comment makes no sense.

Yes it does. The award is for regular season play, true, but voters have until the NCAA's to cast their votes. And the voting isn't announced until the FF. The regular season, for good or ill, isn't all that the voters look at. For example, in her article about the candidates for these awards Voepel mentioned 2020 season stats for a couple. That should be a non-factor but here's a voter who is obviously letting a player's past play influence her. I don't think she's an exception.

Reaction Score
The regular season, for good or ill, isn't all that the voters look at
I love how you guys are in the know about what's going on in the heads of players, coaches and now reporters. Ted Williams lost the MVP one year by a single point (247-246 or similar). He lost because a Boston writer did not consider the Triple Crown winner to be one of the the 10 players in the American League. Why, because he didn't like him. So you are right when you say people can be influenced by what should be non-factors. So, is Paige's huge social media presence a factor? The fact she plays for Uconn? Her appearance and demeaner vs other players. Maybe voters will feel sorry for Caitlyn not being able to display her talents to the Country. The answers to all of these is unknowable, so basically, irrelevant.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Also, now doing 2 minutes of research I see that A&M beat SC, Tenn and Ark (twice). But I guess the are the #4 SEC Team.
If SC and Tenn are the second and third seeds that leaves the first seed to be TAMU.

Reaction Score
Yes Iowa beat Wisconsin, which is a 5 -17 team. Clark is 18 pts, 14 asts in this game.
Clark is a great player we all recognize this but don't need to demote Paige. This is a UConn fan board.
i think you misunderstood my post. i agree Paige is fantastic. i think Clark is good but not as good as everyone wants to say. i was just making the point as why clark probably had a lot of votes.

Reaction Score
i think you misunderstood my post. i agree Paige is fantastic. i think Clark is good but not as good as everyone wants to say. i was just making the point as why clark probably had a lot of votes.
Sorry my post is not for your post. It is the other post you replied. My bad to quote your post.

Reaction Score
Clark is an amazing player...the thing is that Paige is just better!

Reaction Score

I know this is not a biggie but Paige should be higher than 1%
The extensive hype in all these social-media polls, debates, and comparisons ad infinitum has grown into a form of vicarious living for the masses. Pretty soon there will be people bouncing basketballs in the aisles at grocery stores, standing in line for tickets, circling the block, betting on dates when Paige will dunk the ball--you name it.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when the voting closes on this award?
Maybe pin it to the top under the position awards if the voting is ongoing. Thanks!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I saw a Freshman of the year poll the other day by writers on ESPN (I think), and Paige was not even on it.
THAT is exactly why you give no credence to any polls that are done by them......NONE!! SMH. :confused:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So let me get this right, as of right now, there are 2,673 visitors on the BoneYard right now, HAS EVERYONE DONE THEIR DUTY and VOTED for PAIGE TODAY????
Let's go Husky fans!

Reaction Score
LoL. I'm sure this will be an unbiased statistical poll...I predict the winner will be the player who's fanbase had the most votes! I also predict Clark will receive most of the anti-UConn vote!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom