Freshman of the year online poll | The Boneyard

Freshman of the year online poll

Reaction Score

I know this is not a biggie but Paige should be higher than 1%

Reaction Score
Just voted Paige. But Clark has 33% and Paige is only 1%.
Paige needs votes ~~~

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
What exactly does The World Exposure Report expose?
Means nothing, just fans voting. 5 players have a bigger % than Paige. The real vote will come by the so-called experts. This will come down to Paige and Caitlin Clark period. Is it possible that Paige can win one of the POY prizes and not be FOY?

Reaction Score
Paige is up to 3% one hour after @Stoli posted the article/voting opportunity. Based on that increase and the 91 views the OP has at this moment, I’d say Clark’s 33% is based a a fairly small number of votes, probably concentrated in B1G territory.

Remembering several BY voting campaigns in the past, I’m guessing this forum has the numbers to correct this obvious inequity.
It’s extremely easy to vote - click the article, go over to the right (or on your phone scroll down) (keep scrolling), click on Paige, "Vote".

VOTE!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For all the discussions on this board about the pressure being put on Bueckers by the media, etc. why is everyone so gung ho on putting even more pressure on her? Every award only serves to give her more to "live up to". Whether she wins any top awards or not she is the same player.

Reaction Score
Paige is up to 3% one hour after @Stoli posted the article/voting opportunity. Based on that increase and the 91 views the OP has at this moment, I’d say Clark’s 33% is based a a fairly small number of votes, probably concentrated in B1G territory.

Remembering several BY voting campaigns in the past, I’m guessing this forum has the numbers to correct this obvious inequity.
It’s extremely easy to vote - click the article, scroll down (keep scrolling), click on Paige, submit.

VOTE!!
Can you vote multiple times?

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
As much as I like Page and think she is and will be "That" player. I can see why the fan voting is going the way it is and perhaps the way the professional voters think as well.

Clark is playing in a conference where "8" teams are in the top 40 on the ncaa net rankings. There are "2" big easy teams in the top 40 ncaa net rankings.
NCAA net

I've only saw 1 Iowa game and it was not one of Clarks better nights. However, it seems as if Clark is getting it done every game regardless of who they are playing.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Can you vote multiple times?

If you right click and open it in an incognito (or private, depending on which browser you use) window, you can vote as many times as you want.

Just close the window after each time you vote and open again in a new incognito window.

Reaction Score
Means nothing, just fans voting. 5 players have a bigger % than Paige. The real vote will come by the so-called experts. This will come down to Paige and Caitlin Clark period. Is it possible that Paige can win one of the POY prizes and not be FOY?
The real vote will come by the so-called experts.
The "real vote" will come in the tournament. UConn will be in the heat of it; Iowa will not. Once again my interest is in W's not in optics.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As much as I like Page and think she is and will be "That" player. I can see why the fan voting is going the way it is and perhaps the way the professional voters think as well.

Clark is playing in a conference where "8" teams are in the top 40 on the ncaa net rankings. There are "2" big easy teams in the top 40 ncaa net rankings.
NCAA net

I've only saw 1 Iowa game and it was not one of Clarks better nights. However, it seems as if Clark is getting it done every game regardless of who they are playing.
I watched the game yesterday. The commentators were discussing NPOY/ NFOY. The discussion revolved around Paige and Caitlin. The commentary was simply Clarke has played better teams all season - trumpeting the Big10. They emphasized her scoring and assists. According to them, UConn hasn't played any top competition.

As to Clarke's play yesterday. She is without question a shoot first guard. The pass is secondary. Paige is the opposite. Is Clarke good? Without a doubt. However, she is not playing on the #1 ranked team in the nation. Their record against ranked teams is 1 - 7 for AP and 2 - 7 in the coaches.

Reaction Score
As to Clarke's play yesterday. She is without question a shoot first guard. The pass is secondary
Clark is no doubt shoot first. But she has found time enough to have more assists then Paige. More rebounds, way more foul shots. Effective shooting of 58%?. Only negative is turnovers. Also, playing better competition, but that does not matter because Uconn and Paige played played South Carolina and Arkansas! In both games Paige was great. People treat these as the performances of the year in WCBB: 31 Points on 26 shots vs SC and 27 on 15 shots vs Ark. Clarks meager 34 points on 20 shots vs 19-2 Maryland. 32 on 18 shots vs 17-4 Indiana pale in comparison apparently.

Reaction Score
Paige up to 6%, Clark down to 31%. So the voting pool is VERY small. Vote again on a different device - we can DO this! (Since you don't have anything else to do other than hang out on the Boneyard, may as well get something done ??)

Reaction Score
I saw a Freshman of the year poll the other day by writers on ESPN (I think), and Paige was not even on it.

Reaction Score
If you right click and open it in an incognito (or private, depending on which browser you use) window, you can vote as many times as you want.

Just close the window after each time you vote and open again in a new incognito window.
Yes, I just voted 10 times for Paige ... LOL

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Clark is no doubt shoot first. But she has found time enough to have more assists then Paige. More rebounds, way more foul shots. Effective shooting of 58%?. Only negative is turnovers. Also, playing better competition, but that does not matter because Uconn and Paige played played South Carolina and Arkansas! In both games Paige was great. People treat these as the performances of the year in WCBB: 31 Points on 26 shots vs SC and 27 on 15 shots vs Ark. Clarks meager 34 points on 20 shots vs 19-2 Maryland. 32 on 18 shots vs 17-4 Indiana pale in comparison apparently.
Lol. The Bueckers popularity really bugs you. Iowa is second in offense, UConn 8th, 5 points less. UConn is 5th in defense, Iowa is last, 30 more points! That means there is a helluva lot more possessions during an Iowa game than a UConn game. More possessions means more opportunities for points, assists, rebounds, etc. Bottom line, the shooting efficiencies of the two are similar and the differences in volume numbers is irrelevant due to the much greater possessions for Iowa in a game, plus Clark has the ball in her possession a higher percentage of the time ... unless UConn needs Bueckers to take a close game over. Meanwhike, Bueckers has a distinct advantage in A/T ratio and in defensive skills.

As for the competition, UConn has played seven to nine games against tournament bound teams, including the second and third best teams in the SEC, a conference rated higher than the Big Ten. Besides which, Bueckers has tended to play her best against the best competition in the tightest moments. The fact that the bottom of the Big East is weaker than the bottom of the Big Ten is irrelevant, considering such noncompetitive games do not boost Bueckers numbers anyways. Current patterns suggest that if UConn played even greater competition Bueckers stats would be correspondingly greater.

Hey! If this was a fan board for Iowa your caveats of concern would carry a lot of weight. On a UConn fan board they are pretty weak.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw a Freshman of the year poll the other day by writers on ESPN (I think), and Paige was not even on it.
I guess this poll is in your day dream after Iowa lost to Indiana and Clark was badly fouled out.

Reaction Score
Just voted Paige. But Clark has 33% and Paige is only 1%.
Paige needs votes ~~~
Iowa made a huge deal about this few days ago on there social media pages which is why. i haven’t seen any other players team social media account post about it or the voting. Clark also likes and reposts everything about her self

Reaction Score
For all the discussions on this board about the pressure being put on Bueckers by the media, etc. why is everyone so gung ho on putting even more pressure on her? Every award only serves to give her more to "live up to". Whether she wins any top awards or not she is the same player.
I'm confused. ?

Why would you vote more than once? If you want skewed results to reflect what you want, just make believe that the results line up with what you want and be happy. :)
I personally think the whole thing is silly ?

Reaction Score
Iowa made a huge deal about this few days ago on there social media pages which is why. i haven’t seen any other players team social media account post about it or the voting. Clark also likes and reposts everything about her self
Yes Iowa beat Wisconsin, which is a 5 -17 team. Clark is 18 pts, 14 asts in this game.
Clark is a great player we all recognize this but don't need to demote Paige. This is a UConn fan board.

Reaction Score
I guess this poll is in your day dream after Iowa lost to Indiana and Clark was badly fouled out.
No, this was just something I read. So Clark was 'badly' fouled out? So can players be 'goodly' fouled out?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom