Freemantle = Pittsnogle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Freemantle = Pittsnogle

Reaction Score
yes don’t let this stop
@Olliewood216 @Hurleyman216

jonah hill superbad GIF

Reaction Score
Pitts was a national phenomenon, because the big East with WVU and Syracuse defined the league

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The last I heard of Pittsnogle he was teaching 1st grade in either WVA or PA.
7ft guy relating to 3ft tall kids is an interesting image. I met a 6'10 2nd grade teacher a while back. He said it really hit him how much little kids had changed when a little girl raised her hand and asked him to stop because she was getting a cell phone call she wanted to take. He said at his size you had to be careful with kids and couldn't do anything to them physically, BUT, that it was amazing what you could get one kid to do to another for just $5.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I just found Pittsnogle on Wikipedia. The big guy has eight kids!!!
Instantly wanted to be a jerk and write, "Well yeah, he's got a lot of cousins," but I really liked those WVU teams, and Pittsnoggle's name, size, shot, and ink which made an impression at the time. The Wikipedia entry is folksy, detailed, and affectionate, suggesting that the contributing writers feel similarly.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Nice player but no way this kid should be going for 30/15 against our front court.

Reaction Score
Ahh, but who has the cooler name? I’ll take a Fremantle over a Pittsnoggle any day.

Reaction Score
Lol, dude you are usually so chill...

(I can’t get fully behind Abe until he clears Bouknight to play.)
Yeah I know, but the arrogance is annoying me. Hurleyman talked a big game, played the “you have no idea who I am” card, was proven wrong and refuses to admit it. Loves to consider himself an insider but doesn’t want to believe that the information he receives and decides to share could be wrong.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Yeah I know, but the arrogance is annoying me. Hurleyman talked a big game, played the “you have no idea who I am” card, was proven wrong and refuses to admit it. Loves to consider himself an insider but doesn’t want to believe that the information he receives and decides to share could be wrong.
@tcf15 Feel free to PM me for more details. I’m not posting more about this publicly on this board. He was on track to play until last Sunday’s practice.

Reaction Score
Appreciate you

Reaction Score
Hurleyman got information from someone on the team and it probably was correct. But remember that things might have changed on Monday when Bouknight's elbow was sore, he told the doctor that, and the doctor said you're not playing against PC. Would the doctor have cleared him to play against PC if the elbow felt fine? Or was the doctor never going to give him clearance to play that early? Things seem to have changed on Monday. I'm not going to kill Hurleyman for that. He can admit he was wrong only because things didn't play out like he was told.

It's like the recruiting information insiders sometimes get from the team. And then things change. The coaches thought they were getting Hamidou Diallo and people were told that. And then the team sucked, the head coach didn't pay attention to recruiting, and Diallo changed his mind. I also remember when Kevin Durant told the UConn coaches he was committing to UConn. Then he visited Texas and things changed.

Reaction Score
Hurleyman got information from someone on the team and it probably was correct. But remember that things might have changed on Monday when Bouknight's elbow was sore, he told the doctor that, and the doctor said you're not playing against PC. Would the doctor have cleared him to play against PC if the elbow felt fine? Or was the doctor never going to give him clearance to play that early? Things seem to have changed on Monday. I'm not going to kill Hurleyman for that. He can admit he was wrong only because things didn't play out like he was told.

It's like the recruiting information insiders sometimes get from the team. And then things change. The coaches thought they were getting Hamidou Diallo and people were told that. And then the team sucked, the head coach didn't pay attention to recruiting, and Diallo changed his mind. I also remember when Kevin Durant told the UConn coaches he was committing to UConn. Then he visited Texas and things changed.
My issue is the disrespect. Whether you agree with me or not it’s never a need to disrespect someone.

Reaction Score
Freemantle has his way with us, mostly due to our losing him on defense when we tried to double team around the top to key. X read this very well. We never seemed to adjust to this happening. Perhaps fronting him more to force a toss over the defenders head might have helped some. We also didn't attempt a double team when he was down low. This kid was impressive and a quick study. He did what he did and often and we didn't respond well. Perhaps we spent too much time on their talented guard but that did work! It's hard to be everywhere.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I’ve got no doubts that he has a connection to the program, was given information, and it changed. That’s fine because it happens. But the disrespect for another poster who had accurate information is annoying (see the Tyler Polley thread for the latest) and he deserves to be called out on it.

Reaction Score
Freemantle is a really good player, gonna be a major pain the rear for the next couple years but not at all like Pittsnogle who was a can't miss from three 7 footer, played like a Euro big.
Pitts was one dimensional. He had the shot but very little mobility as I recall. Freemantle can handle, shoot, move with and without the ball, and seems to have good footspeed. Too bad we didn't know about him to recruit him since he comes from New Jersey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom