Freemantle = Pittsnogle | The Boneyard

Freemantle = Pittsnogle

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Freemantle was really impressive today but I think they said he averages 15 a game. I was surprised at that, especially because they really haven't played any quality teams thus far.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Freemantle was really impressive today but I think they said he averages 15 a game. I was surprised at that, especially because they really haven't played any quality teams thus far.
They've played plenty quality teams. What are your qualifications for "quality?"

Reaction Score
My memory of Pittsnogle is suspect. I remember thinking he was covered with tattoos. About a year ago I rewatched the infamous game against Wake. By today's standards he has a normal amount of tattoos. Small by athlete standards. More of a comment on the world. Not Pittsnogle.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
They've played plenty quality teams. What are your qualifications for "quality?"

I may be underqualified to have made that statement. Didn't Donny Marshall say today Xavier needs more Tier 1 wins to make a case for the tourney? Then followed up by saying the BE offers them that chance the next few weeks if they can stay Covid break free? Tito may have said that to me though, I can't remember.

Reaction Score
Before this game, we're going to made almost every stretch 4, stretch 5 look like an All-American. We just didn't have the footspeed and size to cover those guys. The guys that have the size, JC & Sonogo, are too slow. The guy that have the size and speed (Polley) can't play defense. We just had Whaley. Now that we have Akok in the mix, we can give Whaley some help in covering some of these guys.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I may be underqualified to have made that statement. Didn't Donny Marshall say today Xavier needs more Tier 1 wins to make a case for the tourney? Then followed up by saying the BE offers them that chance the next few weeks if they can stay Covid break free? Tito may have said that to me though, I can't remember.
Thus far their strength of schedule is 66th (7.1) in D1. Ours is 46th (8.6). Not too much difference there, but they were 11-2 coming in, only having lost to Creighton and Nova.

Reaction Score
Quad 1, not Tier 1... but not sure exactly how it’s defined at this time.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So you are 22 maybe 23. They aren’t even remotely close… watch more basketball.

Reaction Score
You guys remember the field day DeJuan Blair used to have against Hasheem?

I saw “Pitt” in the title and for some reason it came to mind.

Reaction Score
Freemantle is a really good player, gonna be a major pain the rear for the next couple years but not at all like Pittsnogle who was a can't miss from three 7 footer, played like a Euro big.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Xavier has 3 elite 8s ever and never made a final four. They‘ve been in a high-major league for less than 10 total years. They aren’t top 50 wins all time and barely make the top 75 all time teams in this list. They’re a glorified mid-major (as is 3/4 of the league we’re currently in).

Reaction Score
Xavier has 3 elite 8s ever and never made a final four. They‘ve been in a high-major league for less than 10 total years. They aren’t top 50 wins all time and barely make the top 75 all time teams in this list. They’re a glorified mid-major (as is 3/4 of the league we’re currently in).

C'mon man, show X some respect! By your own admission, they are a top 75 all time school. Glorified mid majors don't have their historical success, fan base, and brand name. Yes, even when Xavier was in their previous conference, the name Xavier in basketball garnered respect. Frankly, I've been far more impressed with them since 2000 than many high major programs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Xavier coach did a great job identifying and recruiting Fremantle. He will be a good 4 year player. Can hit the 3 and has a nice inside game. He can make moves off the bounce and is not a turnover machine. Hopefully we can get him in foul trouble in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom