Free advertising ... Help! | The Boneyard

Free advertising ... Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Ad revenue which keeps this site going has crashed. I was told to expect a significant drop in January, so I am not worried. We're safe through this season.

But there is one thing y'all can do to help - I am asking everyone with a Facebook or Twitter account to click the "recommend" button every week or so. Find a post you like, and click away. Or just "like" the site. I am told it helps in a big way (assuming y'all have friends who follow your likes) ...

Reaction Score
How much does it cost to run this site?

Back when I ran a forum I had a website that cost about 150 bucks a year and a VBulletin, which I think was 120 bucks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
More than $150 a year.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Does Tapa Talk show the ads? I read elsewhere that it strips ads and ad scripts and is quicker to navigate than scripted ad-supported sites -- presumably like this one. Some browsers are shipping w/ ad blockers and its increasingly popular freeware. So much so there are now anti-ad blockers and anti html element strippers.

Reaction Score
I'm not seeing the recommend button - where could I find this?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm not seeing the recommend button - where could I find this?
Below the thread you should see Share This Page in light blue, below that are buttons to share to Twitter and one to Recommend on Facebook.

Reaction Score
they got u 2 hugh?
Well when your avatar is sporting a future Cougar :D

Kinda weird it just started popping up the last few days...and my surfing has been PG rated the last week.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't see either the FB or Twitter link.

Reaction Score
I see those buttons at the bottom. I guess I will have to Recommend the pinned "This is pathetic" post at the top of the board :)

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Ad revenue which keeps this site going has crashed. I was told to expect a significant drop in January, so I am not worried. We're safe through this season.

But there is one thing y'all can do to help - I am asking everyone with a Facebook or Twitter account to click the "recommend" button every week or so. Find a post you like, and click away. Or just "like" the site. I am told it helps in a big way (assuming y'all have friends who follow your likes) ...

Tom, what the rates for ad space? Can you email me the info?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman