Fraser makes 1M donation to UConn football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fraser makes 1M donation to UConn football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“People have asked, ‘Why are you giving to the athletic program?’” said Fraser, who graduated from UConn with degrees in chemistry and business administration and went on to work as a CEO at several chemical companies. “The chemistry department probably won’t like to hear this, but athletics elevates the whole status of the university and the recognition of the university which leads to attracting more students, which leads to higher competition for those spots in enrollment, so the standards go up.

Fraser gets it. The yard definitely appreciates the understanding and the donation.

Reading the article 20 principle donations ($1mm or more) have been made in the history of the UConn athletic department. That number struck me as low, but it is a lot of money.

I am amazed we only have 20 $1M donations. Obviously it’s a crazy amount of money, but how many hoops players went on to earn a lot of money. We also have several football and baseball pros who have/are earning a lot of money. Almost all big donations we hear of are non athletes. It just strikes me as weird, but I never actually would complain about whatever anyone wants to do with their money.

That said this is awesome. Just slightly more than my contribution.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Dooley Stadium at Storrs? Or just bribes to ACC presidents to vote yes for expansion to Storrs?

It's a great action by Mr Fraser
I wish UConn could get more gestures like this - there are plenty of alumni/family out there who earn tons of money - more need to do so
I have season tickets for Mens Basketball since 1965 (family until 1986, mine since), Football since 70s and Friends of UConn Soccer - with the corresponding donations I have sunk some funds into UConn as I am sure thousands have also. But it's donations like this that are so necessary.
Is $1Million enough to get stadium naming rights? Wouldn't be great to have an on campus football stadium?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Is $1Million enough to get stadium naming rights? Wouldn't be great to have an on campus football stadium?

$1M was enough for Harry A. Gampel to have the basketball stadium named for him. It was the largest donation UConn had ever received in 1987, and the $28.5M dollar stadium was built in 1990.

$1M is only half of what UConn needs to refurb their football facility in 2019. Rentschler cost $92M in the early 2000's which would be like $125M today.

I don't think $1M gets your name on a new football stadium in 2019.

Reaction Score
$1M was enough for Harry A. Gampel to have the basketball stadium named for him. It was the largest donation UConn had ever received in 1987, and the $28.5M dollar stadium was built in 1990.

$1M is only half of what UConn needs to refurb their football facility in 2019. Rentschler cost $92M in the early 2000's which would be like $125M today.

I don't think $1M gets your name on a new football stadium in 2019.

Here’s what $1m can get you for “naming rights” on current projects: Capital Projects

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Imagine if we could get P as DC. That would be an amazing hire.

I have no objection to PP becoming the DC. He's 69 years old however and why would they way to announce next week if the Lions season ended two weeks ago? Some sort of bonus schedule in his Lions compensation?

Btw, Coach PP 110% committed to social media per his twitter page...which has been dead for a few years.

Paul Pasqualoni (@CoachPasqualoni) | Twitter

Reaction Score
Love the fact that Randy is putting a match on the next $1M as well. It would be great to see if former players pitch in- maybe Randy will do what Calhoun was against for his guys. That is help get the program alums to donate back to the program.
I totally agree...but I didn’t know Calhoun was against his guys donating.

Reaction Score
Did anybody notice the insane stat at the end of this article? What are the chances this guy picked three random women’s basketball games to attend in the past five years and that were ALL losses? Mindblowing if I am not reading that wrong.

Reaction Score
Did anybody notice the insane stat at the end of this article? What are the chances this guy picked three random women’s basketball games to attend in the past five years and that were ALL losses? Mindblowing if I am not reading that wrong.
About the same average we all have going to football games the past six years!! :)

Reaction Score
IIRC, JC simply expressed he did not wish to be involved in cajoling past players to donate and that they should not feel they had to donate. Significant difference!
I was quoting another post...but thanks for that added input.

Reaction Score
Great news!

When I first saw it I wondered if he bought the program :)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Longhorn Lockers is in Venus Tx. You know what's 30 minutes north? Mansfield TX and Ife Adeyi. Just say'in.

Good job coming up with that one :)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Notice that the only things that have "sold" for Women's Softball are the foul poles...

No wonder I keep getting notes from the team. I suppose I will actually have to hit a game or two this spring ;)
Tom you can name the chairbacks The-Boneyard.com for $500. Pull the trigger buddy! @temery

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Notice that the only things that have "sold" for Women's Softball are the foul poles...

No wonder I keep getting notes from the team. I suppose I will actually have to hit a game or two this spring ;)

Just promise you won't go running down the stands yelling come look @ my pole...

Reaction Score

Longhorn Lockers is the best of the best with locker room renovation. They re-did all the big time programs such as Alabama, Clemson, Wisconsin, and Texas to name a few. This will be a great selling point to our recruits and should help with the energy in the locker room before games.

I have no idea what the budget is but here’s what a $7m locker room looks like;
Football Locker Room Reveal [August 4, 2017]

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Longhorn Lockers is the best of the best with locker room renovation. They re-did all the big time programs such as Alabama, Clemson, Wisconsin, and Texas to name a few. This will be a great selling point to our recruits and should help with the energy in the locker room before games.

I have no idea what the budget is but here’s what a $7m locker room looks like;
Football Locker Room Reveal [August 4, 2017]
Thats unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members