Fraser makes 1M donation to UConn football | The Boneyard

Fraser makes 1M donation to UConn football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“People have asked, ‘Why are you giving to the athletic program?’” said Fraser, who graduated from UConn with degrees in chemistry and business administration and went on to work as a CEO at several chemical companies. “The chemistry department probably won’t like to hear this, but athletics elevates the whole status of the university and the recognition of the university which leads to attracting more students, which leads to higher competition for those spots in enrollment, so the standards go up.

Fraser gets it. The yard definitely appreciates the understanding and the donation.

Reading the article 20 principle donations ($1mm or more) have been made in the history of the UConn athletic department. That number struck me as low, but it is a lot of money.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Love the fact that Randy is putting a match on the next $1M as well. It would be great to see if former players pitch in- maybe Randy will do what Calhoun was against for his guys. That is help get the program alums to donate back to the program.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’m thinking like ... what the heck did ZacK Frazier do in a few years to make that much money.

I was actually thinking it was Brendan Fraser, because for the past decade or more, everything that guy has been associated with has bombed.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I was actually thinking it was Brendan Fraser, because for the past decade or more, everything that guy has been associated with has bombed.

Well oddly enough Brendan Fraser has been living in Greenwich on and off much of the past decade. His divorced wife and kids live in town or at least did for several years. Maybe they moved on, not sure.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Fraser is a gentleman and winner. Randy's lowest salary coupled with his 10% donation to $100K is amazingly generous. These guys love UCONN as much as we do. Lucky to have them. I am going to renew my seasons now. Least I can do.

Reaction Score
Fantastic gift! Mark my words, if I ever win Powerball, UConn will benefit greatly from it.
I said the same thing. If I win one of the the billion dollar lotteries, first and foremost, I'm getting an engineering building named after me (hopefully got chemical engineering), then I'll pay for the assistant coach pool so we can hire top notch coordinators and assistants

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Difference between us and the SEC. UConn using it for upgrades to facilities. At Alabama it goes into the player salaries account.

On a serious note this is great news.

Depending on the outcome of the case currently at the Supreme Court, this will very much be on a serious note. The players are probably going to win that.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Any chance you pay recruits? It shows the big boys we're serious.

I will pay whoever it takes for UConn to win and gain entry into a P5 conference. I might have to reach out to Louisville for a master bribery list.

Reaction Score
I will pay whoever it takes for UConn to win and gain entry into a P5 conference. I might have to reach out to Louisville for a master bribery list.

A poignant image comes to mind. Dooley, standing on the wind-swept island St. Helena in a tattered Zach Frazer jersey, his health deteriorating, dreaming of days of promise that have long since passed him by.

The story of Napoleon's exile on St Helena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger