Frank Haith has done a good job | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Frank Haith has done a good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And when asked what MD is doing to be in the running, the response has been allusions to UA sneaker money. I'm still waiting to hear what they or WI have done/are doing that those who are indicting our staff say we should have done or should be doing.

I keep hearing calls for getting an "ace recruiter" or a "closer" on the staff. That's all well and good, but the only basis I am hearing for this "need" is the lack of results. I get that. But I am genuinely curious what those with all the grand insights like you, '99 and fishy legitimately believe we should be doing differently, other than actually getting guys to sign. In other words, what are the specific recruiting activities, actions, omissions, etc. that you believe are leading to these "failures" and warrant staffing changes?

We need to get involved with some sketchy sneaker company.

Reaction Score
If anybody can remeber...Our regular season wasn't all that great, but Bazz put the team on his back all the way through the tournament. I am not so sure Boat can do that. we still have time to turn things around, but wins are becoming a must starting with Stanford. that would be quality win. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We have seen our guards develop at UCONN at an amazing rate.
Our bigs have been doing the same.
I would not trade KO for anyone as a game coach which he has proven time and again.
Now, let's look at recruiting. Purvis may not be all we hoped yet, but he & DHam were BIG gets. So are Adams and Enoch. The rest of the 2015 story is yet to be written. It is premature to even say we have a weakness yet.
This is last year's "We need a bigs coach!"
Truth is we are a transition year and we have weaknesses and are inconsistent. We blew up our expectations for a deep run or even a championship based on Boat, KO and really nothing else. So now you are frustrated and demand changes? Send that child to his room for a time out.

Reaction Score
Frank Haith is a bad coach. He was handed a good team at Mizzou, won, ran it into the ground over time. I trust he will do the same at Tulsa. Know who else feels that way about him? Mark Titus. I'll walk something back as soon as I have a reason to. None yet.

Leiato is still miles better than the other assistants on this staff. Love them for their accomplishnents as players but they are getting it handed to them in recruiting. You can't just get one star guy. They're totally blowing it with stone.

Timeout.

Firstly, the QUESTION on Haith: He had one GREAT Missouri year. With Mike Anderson guys. Now, he is having a solid reconstruction of this Danny Manning team. Argue that? I think the Contra is a loser position. He has a good bunch of athletes & he will get them a lot of wins this year. I guess the question should be whether Frank Haith can have a second year or build a Program. I think you are going to see this Tulsa Hurricane team play well into March. (plus they are ALL Juniors)

Then ... Hobbs & Miller were Major Head Coaches. You can state they can't recruit ... but that is short term memory when we consider that Karl Hobbs was a solid recruiter through the 1990s at UCONN (YES ... OUR School). That blows your argument out. Has he lost it? Might. Miller doesn't recruit per se. So, you are really talking about Ricky Moore. Jury is out.

We shall see long term on Tulsa. At this point, you'd have to say that Haith was a damn good hire. Wish we got something like that from PP.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What are you talking about?

What has Haith reconstructed? He was handed this team.

He left Miami and Missouri one step ahead of the ax - he's doing what bad coaches do...they fail downward.

Reaction Score
I can hand you a building ... it still is a chore to get it operating at peak optimum. Ask Paul Pasqualoni how you do with a bunch of athletes left by the previous coach.

Diddle this away or not: taking kids and getting them to wins a few months later is a talent. Haith also did that at Missouri. (won 30 games his first year). If he truly cannot get kids to play for years 3 & 4, that truly is a weird pattern repeating.

Reaction Score
Frank Haith is a bad coach. He was handed a good team at Mizzou, won, ran it into the ground over time. I trust he will do the same at Tulsa. Know who else feels that way about him? Mark Titus. I'll walk something back as soon as I have a reason to. None yet.

Leiato is still miles better than the other assistants on this staff. Love them for their accomplishnents as players but they are getting it handed to them in recruiting. You can't just get one star guy. They're totally blowing it with stone.

This. Frank Haith will be looking for his next job 3 or 4 years from now.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Timeout.

Firstly, the QUESTION on Haith: He had one GREAT Missouri year. With Mike Anderson guys. Now, he is having a solid reconstruction of this Danny Manning team. Argue that? I think the Contra is a loser position. He has a good bunch of athletes & he will get them a lot of wins this year. I guess the question should be whether Frank Haith can have a second year or build a Program. I think you are going to see this Tulsa Hurricane team play well into March. (plus they are ALL Juniors)

Then ... Hobbs & Miller were Major Head Coaches. You can state they can't recruit ... but that is short term memory when we consider that Karl Hobbs was a solid recruiter through the 1990s at UCONN (YES ... OUR School). That blows your argument out. Has he lost it? Might. Miller doesn't recruit per se. So, you are really talking about Ricky Moore. Jury is out.

We shall see long term on Tulsa. At this point, you'd have to say that Haith was a damn good hire. Wish we got something like that from PP.

haith hasn't built anything - he is handling what danny manning left him
Its a convenience in college hoops to have a bunch of Jrs who have played together
He did the same at Mizzou
He is a carpetbagger
IF he cant recruit at Tulsa he is gone in 2 years

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Irrelevant. Pudge never said he was a program builder. Or that he wouldn't need a job in a few years. He is, minimally, good at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom