Fran Dunphy steppingndown next season | The Boneyard

Fran Dunphy steppingndown next season

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
So they are elevating a scrappy alum who played guard in the NBA for 13 years, most notably for the 76ers, and who has no head coaching experience.
First thing I noticed when looking up McKie.

Reaction Score
Dunphy was a hard guy not to like and I think he could coach, but definitely felt like it was time there. One tournament he's taken them to in his five years in the AAC? That's pretty poor at a school like Temple with some history, tradition, and recruiting grounds. Granted probably not a coincidence that it coincides with the best five year stretch in Villanova history (Jalen Brunson might have helped them), but still he was getting decent players and they just weren't developing. I was shocked at how little that dude Enechionyia improved during his career there, thought for sure after his frosh year that he'd be a force.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am impressed.

Temple fired their coach one year in advance.

I am all kinds of certain that will be one toxic locker room next year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am impressed.

Temple fired their coach one year in advance.

I am all kinds of certain that will be one toxic locker room next year.

Dunphy is 69. I don't think it will be that bad. He also is not nearly as nuts as John Cheney was at the end. Part of Dunphy's problem is how boring he is.

Dunphy is one of those guys that I watch them play and get why Dunphy is respected as a coach, and also get why that program has made one NCAA tournament since 2013 and why it has not made the Sweet 16 since Cheney left. A coach should be able to hold open tryouts on the north side of Philly and get a team that can win 20 games.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Fran Dunphy is one hell of a coach. Highly respected by coaches and players
He's tougher than folks think
I am happy for him.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
They were basically Boise St of the East Coast before they joined. Now they suck.
If an average record of 7-5 in Conference USA is Boise State than yes. They were invited because they have a lot of fans for football even while being totally mediocre.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom