Fran Dunphy steppingndown next season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fran Dunphy steppingndown next season

Reaction Score
If an average record of 7-5 in Conference USA is Boise State than yes. They were invited because they have a lot of fans for football even while being totally mediocre.
Yeah, people overrate their actual "success" it seems.

Worst addition to the league, by far. People complain about Tulsa and Tulane, but one of those teams has actually made the tournament from our league, and the other ponied up to hire an actual coach. What has ECU done?

Reaction Score
Past meets future.. McKie is a Chaney disciple who is deeply embedded in Philly hoops..

He's also already a multi-millionaire. I think Temple did well.

Reaction Score
Yeah, people overrate their actual "success" it seems.

Worst addition to the league, by far. People complain about Tulsa and Tulane, but one of those teams has actually made the tournament from our league, and the other ponied up to hire an actual coach. What has ECU done?
FWIW, ECU consistently has the highest attendance of anyone in the conference, by a lot I think. Remember conferences are all about football, and no matter what they are getting 45k fans a game. IDK. I agree though from a bb standpoint they are the worst--no upside to that job.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So why are they keeping Dunphey around?

Reaction Score
L
Didn’t want to start a thread on this but remind me why ECU is in our conference

ECU was added originally as a football only .
When Louisville left we needed to add another school so Aresco who never gave a thought to basketball thought adding them in that sport was a good idea . He assumed B.B. was a no brainer especially after early success.
Two more decent BB schools would have raised the status of the AAC
He did eventually add WSU but only after UConn made overtures to the Big East. My other suggestion was distribute NCAA money only to those schools maintaining a decent schedule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom