FOXCollegeFootball's Official Twitter Page | Page 5 | The Boneyard

FOXCollegeFootball's Official Twitter Page

Reaction Score
Not a bad start to an Independent schedule, sprinkle in BYU, NMST, Liberty, Army and UMass on the annual and throw in Syracuse or BC as semi-regulars down the road and that is way more attractive to fans then the CivilConflict, Tulane, East Carolina, etc. Also Villanova has a really good FCS team I am sure we can get on the schedule in coming years. Plus we are at Tennessee in 2026 for 1.8 million so far. The problem is every school has a full schedule for 2020 and we have only 4 games so we have to convince several teams who are playing each other to play us instead or broker something with the AAC for those games.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hahaha
Nah, no shame in publicly admitting that I do appreciate your perspectives on this board and the balance you bring. I don’t always agree with you but admire your conviction. You are very knowledgeable of all things UConn and that’s appreciated.
I know we’ve had conflict in the past and I apologize for any part I’ve taken in contributing.
Not asking to be buddies just wanted to get that out the way and continue enjoying the Yard.
Peace out

Jesus. Do not do this. Whale does not need this. Stop this right now.

C

Chief00

chief liked your post cuz he’s 70 and its after his time. he wanted plausible deniability
LOL - you are an adding machine on AI. Your calculation of my age is being kicked out on an error list to manually calculate.
Seriously I like posts for all kinds of reasons - sometimes I am in agreement and other times not but it may be funny, interesting or well written. Other times I just want someone to know any disagreement is not personal.

Reaction Score
Sports are entertainment. I think Fox should do a "Hard Knocks" type of show following Uconn football during training camp and in the season. The worst FSB team in the country claws its way back to respectability. They should do it for this season while we are still in the AAC. It would endear the brand to America. There isn't a parent out there who would not at least respect Randy if they saw how he operates. He is great about the academics and getting kids to walk the walk. This would build an audience for when Fox takes over our games. It would give them leverage in scheduling better teams that want to be part of the "show".

I know I'm grasping here, but its either gloom and doom or try something new. I was someone who thought moving the rock cats from New Britain to Hartford would never work, but they embraced the entertainment value and created a fantastic experience.
Love the way you are thinking Bubba1957

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL - you are an adding machine on AI. Your calculation of my age is being kicked out on an error list to manually calculate.
Seriously I like posts for all kinds of reasons - sometimes I am in agreement and other times not but it may be funny, interesting or well written.

Oh Chief... your problem is that I have a great memory. If you’ve told the truth in your cesspool posts 70 isn’t that far away...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who cares. I for one feel better.
I’m good
But thank you

He was busting your chops - Polycom gets it.

We need to get @John on board. @BlueDogs on board. @coachcap on board

There is an opportunity here:

Randy and Geno have always been good - Hurley is a psycho that they can mold. Penders is a great coach, Stevens even better....

Need someone who can bridge the gaps and present everyone with a vision that plays across programs.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Randy and Geno have always been good - Hurley is a psycho that they can mold. Penders is a great coach, Stevens even better....

Need someone who can bridge the gaps and present everyone with a vision that plays across programs.
Whoo boy, good spirits are flying high here tonight. You building a mob to storm a castle?

For me that Fox tweet did a lot. We need their help to build a decent indy schedule and craft some sort of broadcast deal, presumably in conjunction with SNY.

I have been worried our current OOC games might get canceled based on this news.

Plus, I fully expect ESPN to do what they can to dissuade their ACC, SEC (and others) schools from scheduling new games with us. These are some of the many reasons we need Fox.

Reaction Score
The narrative is becoming that UConn is a pawn in a battle between Fox and ESPN...for EYEBALLS!

Yup, we're not going to be added to the P5 one day. Stupid bball fans.

polycom

Reaction Score
The narrative is becoming that UConn is a pawn in a battle between Fox and ESPN.

Yup, we're not going to be added to the P5. Stupid bball fans.

How much money did you donate to keep UConn football alive, if it doesn’t have two commas no one cares. Basketball fans clearly drive the bus for our AD nothing else matters.

Reaction Score

On Board? I will be in my seat in section 103 all season. I am awaiting official news of how this alliance with FOX will benefit UCONN going forward. I DID speculate in another thread that I thought that monetarily it could reach $12-15 million (which may be a highball estimate) which is my wishful thinking. If FOX can be of assistance with game scheduling, all the better.
My ultimate wish is that FOX's assistance, UCONN gets back on track to respectability so that if the controversial next round of conference musical chairs occurs, the HUSKIES will be too attractive to pass over. A P5 invite is necessary to secure future stability in the AD.

Reaction Score
How much money did you donate to keep UConn football alive, if it doesn’t have two commas no one cares. Basketball fans clearly drive the bus for our AD nothing else matters.
Am disabled, if it matters to you so much. Feel better now? Otherwise, been to games.

Spoiled basketball fans who want Catholic schools as opponents, sure. Had football not fallen on it's face, we'd be having a different conversation right now.

polycom

Reaction Score
Am disabled, if it matters to you so much. Feel better now? Otherwise, been to games.

Spoiled basketball fans who want Catholic schools as opponents, sure. Had football not fallen on it's face, we'd be having a different conversation right now.

I do not care, this is the internet don't try to shame me.

However, I do care with you polluting the yard with your complaints about UConn Football yet you've done nothing to change it. Going to games does not move the needle. Having many bag men does.

Reaction Score
I do not care, this is the internet don't try to shame me.

However, I do care with you polluting the yard with your complaints about UConn Football yet you've done nothing to change it. Going to games does not move the needle. Having many bag men does.
When did I complain about football? All I've been saying is basketball fans are shortsighted. Fox is proving me right and being the "bag man". Corporate subsidy. Still not happy now?

PS: Have a degree in business administration. Not difficult to know that growth, etc, are possible for a university. Rather than thinking we'll be aligned in perpetuity with mostly Catholic schools. The school is obviously aiming beyond the Big East through actions.

polycom

Reaction Score
When did I complain about football? All I've been saying is basketball fans are shortsighted. Fox is proving me right and being the "bag man". Corporate subsidy. Still not happy now?

How can you call fans of our only sport shortsighted when they are happy that the thing they care about is going to be in a better position going forward? Fox hasn't shown anything yet, there aren't any details anywhere so actually Fox hasn't proved you anything.

Reaction Score
Us southerners have a punch line for a certain situation when things are intolerable...comes from a southern comedian decades back. "Just shoot up here amonst us".

The late country comedian Jerry Clower’s most famous story was his coon huntin’ story told about the time he and his Mississippi friends made an evening of hunting that evolved into an entanglement with a lynx up a tree. The “great American” John Eubanks climbed the tree to get whatever was in the tree out that had been run up there by the hounds. Those on the ground hollered, “Knock’em out, John,” up to John as he took a sharp stick to poke what he thought was a raccoon. However, to John’s surprise, the raccoon turned out to be a lynx, better known as a souped up bobcat in Mississippi, which immediately took on John in somewhat of a man verses beast fight.

Finally, John screams for someone to shoot up in the tree amongst him and the lynx. Of course, those on the ground didn’t want to do that for fear they would accidently hit John. But John hollers back, “Shoot up here amongst us, because one of us needs some relief!”

There are times when you just have to do something or anything because the situation, as is, is intolerable.

I think that UConn reached that stage...

polycom

Reaction Score
Us southerners have a punch line for a certain situation when things are intolerable...comes from a southern comedian decades back. "Just shoot up here amonst us".

The late country comedian Jerry Clower’s most famous story was his coon huntin’ story told about the time he and his Mississippi friends made an evening of hunting that evolved into an entanglement with a lynx up a tree. The “great American” John Eubanks climbed the tree to get whatever was in the tree out that had been run up there by the hounds. Those on the ground hollered, “Knock’em out, John,” up to John as he took a sharp stick to poke what he thought was a raccoon. However, to John’s surprise, the raccoon turned out to be a lynx, better known as a souped up bobcat in Mississippi, which immediately took on John in somewhat of a man verses beast fight.

Finally, John screams for someone to shoot up in the tree amongst him and the lynx. Of course, those on the ground didn’t want to do that for fear they would accidently hit John. But John hollers back, “Shoot up here amongst us, because one of us needs some relief!”

There are times when you just have to do something or anything because the situation, as is, is intolerable.

I think that UConn reached that stage...

What a story.

Reaction Score
How can you call fans of our only sport shortsighted when they are happy that the thing they care about is going to be in a better position going forward? Fox hasn't shown anything yet, there aren't any details anywhere so actually Fox hasn't proved you anything.
Because UConn is a school and not basketball programs? Our only sport? Talk about being shortsighted.

Fox giving us a positive public image in spite of us going independence is HUGE. And also indicative. If you can't see that, whatever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are some crazy stories floating from credible people about how many P5 games Fox is influencing/arranging. I just hope part of it will happen. Randy changed his attitude after a meeting with Dave.
#BeliefInChief

Reaction Score
Unless Fox does some major wheeling and dealing on Uconn's behalf, the 2020 scheduling will be very challenging. Some of the only teams with open dates will be the AAC teams that had UConn on their schedule. Keeping some of those games may need to be part of the exit negotiations. Although there may be more options in 2021, most schools have filled their schedule for that year also.

Scheduling farther out gets easier. In short UConn is going to need some help and it may cost the school more money in exit fees to fill out the 2020 and 2021 schedules. Best case would be to stay in AAC in football through 2020 to ensure a decent schedule.

Reaction Score
Fox will definitely help UCONN football. That tweet is not an accident or a coincidence. I am happy that UCONN finally wised up and did what I have advocated for years. Take the valuable UCONN brand to FOX and force the hand of ESPN. This will shake up the landscape for sure.

Excellent move by Fox, UCONN, and the Big East.

Reaction Score
The reason Fox is helping UConn football has nothing to do with UConn football. Fox was losing money on their $500 million NBE basketball package so they hoped UConn will reduce the loses there - to entice UConn to move they will cooperate on football. How much, still unclear to Chief.

Could you please state:

1. The business case that justifies why Fox would do this.
2. The plan by which Fox would accomplish this.
3. The contract vehicle that would obligate Fox to do this.

Because I don't see it. Saying Fox wanted to "entice" UConn into the NBE isn't a business case. Saying Fox will "cooperate" isn't a plan.

Reaction Score
There are some crazy stories floating from credible people about how many P5 games Fox is influencing/arranging. I just hope part of it will happen. Randy changed his attitude after a meeting with Dave.
OMG! Am I really going to become a Chief convert. Man I've been thinking this guy is whacked for years...then this post. Am I really about to cave in? But when the choices are "doom and gloom UCONN sucks" or "Chief", I might just finally cave and become a Chief disciple. Praise be to Chief and God have mercy on my soul.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom