FOXCollegeFootball's Official Twitter Page | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FOXCollegeFootball's Official Twitter Page

Reaction Score
Of course John... we're just having some fun man.

But do even low-level social media teams tweet out stuff about schools that aren't even their properties? I haven't checked their feed.

There's certainly a double entendre there.

Yes. There are social listening programs such as crowdtangle that tells you what’s the interaction rate of something is. This is seriously Donne because anything uniform, locker room gets a ton of social interaction.

You ever wonder why Espn, bleacher, Fox, etc. jump on sneaker and alternate uniform photos? It’s because the interactions are very high.

Reaction Score
Yes. There are social listening programs such as crowdtangle that tells you what’s the interaction rate of something is. This is seriously Donne because anything uniform, locker room gets a ton of social interaction.

You ever wonder why Espn, bleacher, Fox, etc. jump on sneaker and alternate uniform photos? It’s because the interactions are very high.

You're probably right that it doesn't mean much.

But looking at that twitter account this is rare for them, they don't do much of this stuff. This is only their 3rd tweet of June, everything they've posted in the past few months was just to promote fox football stuff. I'm sure there's been tons of things over that time that could generate more interaction than this.

Reaction Score
Guys. I worked closely with “social teams” in my career. This was just one low level employee looking for content that can found on social listening devices. It was trending.

So they tweeted it. This is a big reach. Lol.
Before this they hadn't posted anything since June 8th. I doubt a low level employee has been looking for good college football content for 2+ weeks and suddenly said, "UConn football... first shareable thing in weeks!", in the midst of Uconn properties moving to Fox. There may actually be something to it.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Great idea but I think the AAC's current contract would prevent Fox from doing that this season. It would still be great if they did something like that for UConn's first season back as an FBS independent.
We still have our T3 rights for a year right? SNY did a Hard knocks style following of the women's team two years ago. Maybe last year as well I don't remember.

Reaction Score

In one tweet. FOX Sports showed us more respect than ESPN ever has. Even if the program is on a 3-4 year death spiral this at least feels good.

Even if FOX somehow picks up our independent games, I still think the program is a dead man walking.

C

Chief00

You're probably right that it doesn't mean much.

But looking at that twitter account this is rare for them, they don't do much of this stuff. This is only their 3rd tweet of June, everything they've posted in the past few months was just to promote fox football stuff. I'm sure there's been tons of things over that time that could generate more interaction than this.
Yeah, Silver is wrong in this instance.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can conspiracy kitty tell me what this means?
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: It's incontrovertible proof of UConn's rock solid commitment to do all it can to compete at the highest possible levels of collegiate football. Of course it's equally possible that Chris Fraser has his lawyer on speed dial waiting for tomorrow's vote.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: It's incontrovertible proof of UConn's rock solid commitment to do all it can to compete at the highest possible levels of collegiate football. Of course it's equally possible that Chris Fraser has his lawyer on speed dial waiting for tomorrow's vote.

I love that cat!

Reaction Score
In one tweet. FOX Sports showed us more respect than ESPN ever has. Even if the program is on a 3-4 year death spiral this at least feels good.

Even if FOX somehow picks up our independent games, I still think the program is a dead man walking.
If I'm on my deathbed, let me at least get the good pain meds!

Reaction Score
Remind me Chief, What was your Prediction?
You won’t get a straight answer but this is my best guess to what he is referring to:
Fox Sports is getting killed on its $500 million Big East deal, which started in 2013. The ratings are low and that’s why they strongly pushed for UConn - in hopes of changing the dynamics. What Fox Sports has that UConn needs is their wallet influence with the three conferences they televise. UConn needs P5 football games and FS is thought to be the best approach to accomplishing that objective.

The details are still being formulated but if our football is to get a lifeline this is the path.

Reaction Score
Fox sports needs a 12 noon et game to augment their late afternoon. Big 12 and evening PAC 12 games. Could see us scheduling home and homes with the lessers of those conferences. Kansas. Iowa state Colorado ok state etc with basketball returns. Not out of the realm and would help all parties

Reaction Score
Before this they hadn't posted anything since June 8th. I doubt a low level employee has been looking for good college football content for 2+ weeks and suddenly said, "UConn football... first shareable thing in weeks!", in the midst of Uconn properties moving to Fox. There may actually be something to it.

Reading too much into it.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox has a full plan to support us in this bold move. Everyone wants to say that we are going into this blindly, but I am waiting to see what the details are when it is officially announced. You don’t put something together over 6 months that is half baked. Here’s hoping!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom