FOX | The Boneyard

FOX

Reaction Score
We would've had to deal with Caroline Peck and Courtney Lyle had the game been on ESPN, which I’d have then had to mute the TV.

I thought Lisa Byington (who I really enjoy on the Big Ten Network) and Sarah Kustok did a pretty good job. No complaints here.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Byington is decent, but Kustok epitomizes the problem with basketball analysts. She drones on and on in a monotone voice while failing to point out all the important developments in the game, and in particular, any of the nuances in the game. Regarding Carolyn Peck, well, I'd rather not have to listen to either one. I'm sure they're both fine people.

Call the @#$%^ game!

Reaction Score
A looonnng interview with Pheesa during the game really annoyed me - just disrespectful to the players.
And the viewers, when a whistle blows I want to know what it was for. Too much babble, what Gus said above.
Call the damn game! Well I think he used stronger language. :D

Reaction Score
The in game announcers were terrible. Rarely did they tell us the foul situation on SC. They just babbled on all the time. If the sport is so unengaging that we need constant fill by the announcers then I guess we should just not watch. If they did that same kind of irrelevant babble on the men's games they would be off the air in one game.

Reaction Score
I loved the part where they went on and on about how the ball was out on Edwards and that Boston never touched the ball..... come to find out it was the complete opposite. Boston had her hand on it and it went out and Edwards did not touch it.

Those two ladies were so certain about things then they watched the replays and they had to eat a couple servings of crow. And prior to the game it was a homer SC feel.

I cannot wait until next year assuming everyone is healthy....

Reaction Score
I loved the part where they went on and on about how the ball was out on Edwards and that Boston never touched the ball..... come to find out it was the complete opposite. Boston had her hand on it and it went out and Edwards did not touch it.

Those two ladies were so certain about things then they watched the replays and they had to eat a couple servings of crow. And prior to the game it was a homer SC feel.

I cannot wait until next year assuming everyone is healthy....
They have a lot to play for still this year. If SC is the best team UCONN showed it belongs in the same gym with them.

Reaction Score
Not as bad as the CBS announcers, but they were not good. Way too chatty. As someone above mentioned, that interview with Napheesa was fluff and should have been interrupted by game calls.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I had to keep looking up stats online to find out how many points or fouls a player had. And most times, we weren’t told what the foul was. I may need to start listening to the radio during games

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Game announcers were bad. Constant jabber with some pertinent game info. A lot of bias toward SC.
See, this doesn’t bother me. South Carolina is the reigning national champion, current #1 ranked team, with last year’s national POY. When UConn was in the same position, the coverage was equally gushy over the Huskies to the point Geno actually said he wished sportscasters would talk about someone else.

South Carolina has earned it and will retain their place on the pedestal until someone knocks them off it.

Reaction Score
I had to keep looking up stats online to find out how many points or fouls a player had. And most times, we weren’t told what the foul was. I may need to start listening to the radio during games
Biggest problem; keeping up with the fouls. At least they caught the hand off in the last two minutes that totally changed the game. Three points down with the ball if that is called.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
My biggest complaint was the segment with Napheesa. That should have been a half time feature. I was glad to not have a sideline reporter to add insult to injury.
Ha! Good point. I hadn't even noticed that.

Reaction Score
I don't know, a bit verbose for me.
Agree. Talked a lot but didn't add any value in terms in insight into the game or creative thoughts.

Reaction Score
A looonnng interview with Pheesa during the game really annoyed me - just disrespectful to the players.
All the interruptions... interviews, side boxes, announcers talking about anything but... are all (being charitable) to expand the audience for WCBB, in the nature of human interest stories. Those of us who love the 3D, vivid display of "basketball thinking" don't need that stuff. The magic of movement to a purpose is wonderful enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom