Fox Sports update on ACC-Maryland lawsuit | The Boneyard

Fox Sports update on ACC-Maryland lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know if this was posted already. Rehashes much of what we know. The addition of Rutgers and Maryland to the B1G is effective in less than two weeks (July 1). I thought that the lawsuit would be settled by then. The article says that the ACC basically can't afford to settle or it would risk losing other schools. If it doesn't settle, the ACC runs the risk of damaging details behind the acquisition of Pitt, Syracuse and ND coming out during discovery, including how involved ESPN was in the raid(s) on the Big East.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...and-marylands-lawsuit-is-getting-nasty-032514

Reaction Score
Looks like the ball's in espn's court. The scenarios are endless. On one end, the B1G could say h*ll with all those ACC schools and the GOR, let's get UCONN. On the other end, we end up in that diluted black-hole of an ACC once the big names leave. Let CR reach its climax by having UNC and Duke part ways.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fox's take on the GOR kind of renders it impotent.
This is Fox but even with their obvious bias, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
If the ACC actually had faith in the GOR ,the amount of the exit fee would have already been mutually agreed upon , their reluctance to settle is a signal that the ACC fears the high exit fee is the only glue holding that alliance together.
I don't think that's good news for UConn as a lack of a GOR is a positive selling point for us.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This is Fox but even with their obvious bias, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
If the ACC actually had faith in the GOR ,the amount of the exit fee would have already been mutually agreed upon , their reluctance to settle is a signal that the ACC fears the high exit fee is the only glue holding that alliance together.
I don't think that's good news for UConn as a lack of a GOR is a positive selling point for us.

Wouldn't it be ironic if we ended up in the "new" ACC which is just the BE +3 NC schools and UCF?

BC
Pitt
Syracuse
UConn
Miami
Cincy
USF
UCF
Louisville
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest

is actually a pretty fun conference (compared to what we're in now)

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be ironic if we ended up in the "new" ACC which is just the BE +3 NC schools and UCF?

BC
Pitt
Syracuse
UConn
Miami
Cincy
USF
UCF
Louisville
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest

is actually a pretty fun conference (compared to what we're in now)

Thumbscrews would be more fun than what we're in now.

Reaction Score
The potential firework out of this lawsuit could be really fun. ESPiN is sweating like a fat pig about now. We all know they played an important role in this conference realignment and the destruction of the BE conference. They manipulated the ACC like a mother with her 2 years child. As a result, ESPiN was able to acquire rights to the AAC on the cheap.

My ideal end game for UCONN is to be in the B1G. It would suck if we ended up with all the ACC leftovers and with all the teams we hate. Fruits and BCU can go hang out with Wake and start their own little private school conference.

Last edited:

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score

It's not so much that it's Fox as it's Clay Travis, known silly person.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The potential firework out of this lawsuit could be really fun. ESPiN is sweating like a fat pig about now. We all know they played an important role in this conference realignment and the destruction of the BE conference. They manipulated the ACC like a mother with her 2 years child. As a result, ESPiN was able to acquire rights to the AAC on the cheap.

My ideal end game for UCONN is to be in the B1G. It would suck if we end up with all the ACC leftovers and with all the teams we hate. Fruits and BCU can go hang out with Wake and start their own little private school conference.
If nothing else, we know they provided capital and direction. I'd love to know the details. I doubt that we will though.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am going to LOVE seeing ESPiN squirm a bit as they reveal all of their backdoor shady dealings with the ACC. It could lead to several more lawsuits against that garbage network from schools in the G5 (namely UCONN). UCONN is every bit as valuable (probably more valuable) than half of the ACC but ESPiN was able to gobble up our rights for pennies on the dollar. I'd love to see UCONN be able to recoup some of those losses.

Reaction Score
I am going to LOVE seeing ESPiN squirm a bit as they reveal all of their backdoor shady dealings with the ACC. It could lead to several more lawsuits against that garbage network from schools in the G5 (namely UCONN). UCONN is every bit as valuable (probably more valuable) than half of the ACC but ESPiN was able to gobble up our rights for pennies on the dollar. I'd love to see UCONN be able to recoup some of those losses.

Like we been saying, we are on a 5 years plan. If we don't get into a P5 by then, it is time to load up on the legal fees and go after ESPiN. We are certainly without question the biggest victim of this conference realignment. If ACC, sPitt, BCU, and Fruits used insider info to screw us, they have to pay up at some point.

Reaction Score
Like we been saying, we are on a 5 years plan. If we don't get into a P5 by then, it is time to load up on the legal fees and go after ESPiN. We are certainly without question the biggest victim of this conference realignment. If ACC, sPitt, BCU, and Fruits used insider info to screw us, they have to pay up at some point.

And, the state gave millions in tax breaks to ESPN. I can't believe that our state government hasn't been able to broker a deal with ESPN to get them in a P5 conference if ESPN has had this kind of influence over the conference realignment process.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this was posted already. Rehashes much of what we know. The addition of Rutgers and Maryland to the B1G is effective in less than two weeks (July 1). I thought that the lawsuit would be settled by then. The article says that the ACC basically can't afford to settle or it would risk losing other schools. If it doesn't settle, the ACC runs the risk of damaging details behind the acquisition of Pitt, Syracuse and ND coming out during discovery, including how involved ESPN was in the raid(s) on the Big East.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...and-marylands-lawsuit-is-getting-nasty-032514

The ESPN shredders are now in heavy usage and digital "scrubbers" are going 24/7.

Reaction Score
And, the state gave millions in tax breaks to ESPN. I can't believe that our state government hasn't been able to broker a deal with ESPN to get them in a P5 conference if ESPN has had this kind of influence over the conference realignment process.

Conference realignment is about TV deals and per team payouts. Guess who is giving out those media deals and who owns the ACC 100%? Only total fools don't believe ESPiN is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom