Four years ago today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Four years ago today

Reaction Score
They can't take it away from us.

NCAA21-tmagArticle.jpg
my now deceased brother and I were there! Really, it was Coach Calhouns team.

Reaction Score
Facebook just pulled up a picture of me and the wife at the game. Why does it fill so long ago?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Couldn’t find the video of Sir Charles doing the U—C-O-N-N chant but did find this picture. Fun night.

I also sat four or five seats away from @temery at the game. I’m sure I have pics of you Tom. We thought it was very cool sitting next to Big Red!

Attachments

• 98AE841B-C854-4879-88EC-61FADD737E77.jpeg
    98AE841B-C854-4879-88EC-61FADD737E77.jpeg
    743.5 KB · Views: 63
Reaction Score
I actually had my bosses iPad for a more luxurious viewing experience but what ever app I needed to download, I needed her password. And I wasn't going to wake her up at 2am!

I also tried buying German tv sports streaming package and plugged my credit card into an all German website that I couldn't fly translate. It didn't work. Luckily I never had any mysterious charges.
lol i had to learn what a VPN was real quick and download apps to change mine

Reaction Score
Great coaching by KO even though many UConn fans would like to forget that. By far it was the longest shot UConn NCC team but it seems like decades ago now.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone has forgotten what a good job he did then. It's more like, WTF happened to him since then?

KO was superb. They were really dialled in and in sync.

A lot has been discussed about KO, but I think the divorce hit him so bad, it affected his coaching the remaineder of the time he was here.

When KO switched to a small line up late in the game, it caused Kentucky fits. He made all the right moves, all of the right substitutions. It was marvelous. At the end of the game I just remember the sideline reporter asking the squid why they didn't foul, and he just said, "Cause they don't miss free throws"

Great coaching by KO, some of his finest moments in that tourney.

He lost his job, but they can't take that championship away from him. He earned that. That's forever part of his legacy with Uconn

Reaction Score
That Saturday AZ Huskie PuP
My sainted and sidekick grandson had s basketball game in Chandler/
Tempe. We hadn’ eaten so I watched the second half of the Fla game from the Texas Roadhouse
Where I was driving my wife crazy trying to eat and watch the game .
I couldn’t see a TV directly from my seat so I had to get up to check on the game. She would get up and come back with a score. Finally with about 10min to go in the game she told me is was okay to go to the bar
At the end of the game me and this unknown to me waiter were high fivinng. I might have caused a slight disturbance,

Reaction Score
...and this.

Wow, this vid really hits it on the nose for me. While this game was going on, I was in southern China on a Tuesday morning teaching English in a primary school. The only score updates I could get were on my phone between classes. I could see UK getting close 2nd half but they never caught us. Needless to say I was relieved when the final score update read 60-54 good guys.

(Quick Chinese lesson if you watch that video)

UConn (University of Connecticut) = 康乃狄克大学 (Kāng nǎi dí kè dà xué) ("dà xué 大学" is university)
Huskies = 哈士奇 (hà shi qí)
Kentucky = 肯塔基 (Kěn tǎ jī)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We wouldn't have been there if we met Louisville in that Tournament. They were the only guys who could neutralize our guards and feast on our bigs.

Having Louisville on the opposite side of the bracket was still the single most important piece of luck that happened to us in that tournament.
Not unlike how Syracuse couldn't beat UConn in 2002-03.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great Unbelievable run
Bazz, Giffs et al (TO too!)
Much more unbelievable than 2011

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads