Four years ago today | The Boneyard

Four years ago today

Reaction Score
They can't take it away from us.

NCAA21-tmagArticle.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Still can't wrap my head around how we even possibly won that thing- had no business being there.
Simply awesome.

81-48.
Eighty one to forty eight.

We wouldn't have been there if we met Louisville in that Tournament. They were the only guys who could neutralize our guards and feast on our bigs.

Having Louisville on the opposite side of the bracket was still the single most important piece of luck that happened to us in that tournament.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
We wouldn't have been there if we met Louisville in that Tournament. They were the only guys who could neutralize our guards and feast on our bigs.

Having Louisville on the opposite side of the bracket was still the single most important piece of luck that happened to us in that tournament.

That will always be just a fantastic final matchup.

We lost to Louisville 3 times
Who lost to Kentucky Twice
Who lost to Florida 3 times
Who we beat Twice

You literally couldn't have scripted that. Both teams are happy their conference nemesis was on the other half of the bracket.

Reaction Score
That was a tough march through the tournament.

Mich St, Florida, Kentucky

We beat a lot of good teams.

Our guys had heart, they overachieved.

The 2014 team is by far my favorite UConn champion team.

They overcame such odds and then Bazz makes the statement of the century.

"This is what happens when you ban us"

Redemption, glory, drama, all unfolded game by game.

The struggle was real.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
2014 was simply a fairy tale ride.

We beat all of the big names... MSU, UK, UF, etc. This coming after a post season ban, coaching change, and conference change within the year prior. None of it mattered to our guys. They simply wanted it more... The #hungryhuskies. Shabazz was a magician. Boat was a junkyard dog. Daniels was a silent assassin. Such a joy to watch those guys.

Not to mention I took home almost 3k in my pool for picking UConn all the way after being told I was a 'homer wasting my $50 buy in' for the pool.

Reaction Score
I was so caught up in that season and on a high after we beat MSU I asked my son “want to go to the Final Four?” Got the email from UConn that night with my call slot to get tickets and next thing I knew we were on a flight to Dallas. Stayed in team hotel along with Barkely (who was buying drinks for us after our wins). They showed the UConn women’s game in the hotel on a big wall in the bar area. It was an amazing weekend I will never forget.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I was so caught up in that season and on a high after we beat MSU I asked my son “want to go to the Final Four?” Got the email from UConn that night with my call slot to get tickets and next thing I knew we were on a flight to Dallas. Stayed in team hotel along with Barkely (who was buying drinks for us after our wins). They showed the UConn women’s game in the hotel on a big wall in the bar area. It was an amazing weekend I will never forget.
I was in the Hyatt lobby drinking on Charles tab too. I have a great video if him doing the U-C-O-N-N chant at the bar after the championship game if I can figure out how to get my old blackberry turned on.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We were talking with Sir Charles at the hotel bar after 2 a.m. the night we beat Florida in the semis. The cops were trying to get everybody to leave the bar area. It was still pretty crowded at 2:30 a.m., a half hour past closing time. Getting Husky fans to leave any bar after closing time is no easy task.

Reaction Score
Tried & failed to sleep the night leading up to the Asia morning game. During the game, my noise likely scared a few neighbors on my floor. Post-game, I absolutely scared people at ground level with a 41st floor balcony victory yell. The doorman called to see if things were OK; spouse tried in vain to understand and to explain my victorious episode of Huskymania. Morning happy hour, good afternoon snooze, work nah.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Was in NYC and then in Dallas against a sea of KY blue. Couldn’t believe how fast they disappeared after another UConn ‘ship. Another awesome Husky experience!

Reaction Score
I was in the Hyatt lobby drinking on Charles tab too. I have a great video if him doing the U-C-O-N-N chant at the bar after the championship game if I can figure out how to get my old blackberry turned on.
You deserve a Nobel Prize for getting him to learn it

Reaction Score

Was there too. The best part, for me, was when the UConn band suddenly appeared in the atrium on like the 10th floor playing loud as hell. Not a band guy but f$&@ that was awesome. Having fat Chuck pay for my drinks was icing.

Reaction Score
Good times. I had a running agreement with my buddy from Wisconsin that if our teams ever met up (or could meet up), we drop everything, and go no matter where we are or what we’re doing or where the game is being played.

Fast forward to 2014. We arrive early Sat (am) at LAX, had a few too many drinks at airport bar and miss our flight. We stood there at the gate stunned and drunk, while clutching our $700 game tickets to our lifelong dream.

After some pacing back-and-forth, we approached a Delta agent who was cold and cruel. We begged like fools on our hands and knees, decked out in our school jerseys. Before I knew it, she’s jamming out keystrokes on her computer terminal. Moments later I hear that sweet sound of the printing of a new boarding pass. She calls for an electric shuttle car to pick us up, races to another gate and onto the next flight.

We landed, bolted into first cab we could find, and promised him a nice tip if if he could get us to Jerry’s World by tip off. Needless to say, we made it, and what an amazing first game with Uconn vs. Fl. After we won, we were literally down to the final piece of puzzle. Just 1 game away from everything we dreamed about: Uconn vs. Wisc, and in the national championship of all games. We all know what happened next, Wisconsin loses in the final seconds at buzzer against Kentucky. My buddy was devastated, and I was too, until I reminded myself that we still won and were 40 minutes from winning the national championship.

Reaction Score
I watched that with a Colombian and Danish guy in a DC bar and had to explain why "March" Madness championship was being held in April...I still am not sure the explanation made sense, I still don't quite get it. I explained the tourney and all the madness in the first few rounds (upsets) and well, maybe it has nothing to do with the championship (in April) because the madness goes away by that point...but oh wait, I remembered Butler x2, Gmason, Vcu, WSU (and now loyola to add to the mix) etc....soo, yah, I had no real logical reason why the conclusion of March Madness happens in April.

Regardless, it was a fun game and had a few shots afterwards. I remember the Danish guy looking at me shocked "That was the championship game??" Ahaha.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mick Cronin and the Bearcats lost to Harvard in the first round that postseason. While we won it all with Kevin Ollie as the head coach. Cincinnati had a higher seeding, too.

Reaction Score
I was visiting/caring for my father following his heart surgery and got to watch the Michigan State and Florida wins with him. He became a big Husky fan when I was on campus and its carried on ever since. I got home to CT about 3 hours before the Championship game and still spent most of the game on the phone with him. Everything about that run was special. Getting to enjoy most of it with my dad made it incredible.

Reaction Score
Had to watch on my phone from a hotel in Germany at 3am the day before an important trade show. Was well worth it. I think the adrenalin from the victory fueled me throughout the day on very little rest!
watched it in a french hotel room at 3
am on my cracked iphone lol

Reaction Score
watched it in a french hotel room at 3
am on my cracked iphone lol
I actually had my bosses iPad for a more luxurious viewing experience but what ever app I needed to download, I needed her password. And I wasn't going to wake her up at 2am!

I also tried buying German tv sports streaming package and plugged my credit card into an all German website that I couldn't fly translate. It didn't work. Luckily I never had any mysterious charges.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom