Found a team worse than us at FT shooting

The UConn women! Currently 5-12 from the line. Down 1 to the Lady Vols at halftime. Game on ESPN. They featured the hot sauce.
To all of the people who were saying Bueckers was the next Turasi... NO.

Why? Long way to go I agree but she’s an excellent basketball player. Can’t let a bad shooting night take away from what else she does out there. I liked the fact that despite not making shots she wasn’t backing down offensively. Rebounds and assist numbers great then the dagger on one ankle? SpeciaI

Why? Long way to go I agree but she’s an excellent basketball player. Can’t let a bad shooting night take away from what else she does out there. I liked the fact that despite not making shots she wasn’t backing down offensively. Rebounds and assist numbers great then the dagger on one ankle? SpeciaI
She plays at a pace where nothing she does looks rushed. Her passing ability, she sees the court better than any player I can recall in a long long time. Only the very top echelon of PGs make the pass immediately, in that split second that the opening presents itself. She does that. The play that she turned her ankle on was an unbelievable pass for a score. No one sees that, or makes that play, except her. Her shooting ability, sans tonight, is a bonus on top of her PG skills. Even if she had only average PG skills she’d still be an exceptional player just from her scoring/shooting ability alone. Like you said, special.

Taurasi went 1-15 from the field as a freshman in a Final Four loss to Notre Dame, and still was the GOAT.

Bueckers missed shots. She didn't play nervous or tentative. She still ended up with 7 assists and some huge buckets in the 4th, including the dagger 3 on a busted ankle in the final minute.

She is the real deal, and every bit the element of toughness that the women's team has been lacking for 4 years.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Indiana is shooting it really bad against Iowa right now and they are looking like they are about to win. If anyone wants a blueprint of how to beat Garza and the Hawkeyes, you know coaches will be using the replay of this game. Match Iowa's physicality and neutralize Garza and you make Iowa very beatable.

It’s women’s basketball...
Sadly, you are correct. NCAA women's basketball is very thin from top to bottom. Perhaps eight teams have a reasonable shot at the title. How to increase competitiveness at D1?...........Reduce scholarships from 15 to 12, moving some talent downward to the could be/wannabes. Good luck getting that by the Title IX advocates.

Sadly, you are correct. NCAA women's basketball is very thin from top to bottom. Perhaps eight teams have a reasonable shot at the title. How to increase competitiveness at D1?...........Reduce scholarships from 15 to 12, moving some talent downward to the could be/wannabes. Good luck getting that by the Title IX advocates.
And yet there are more teams in women's college basketball who have a chance to win it all than in college football.

You would think after however many years of being completely irrelevant that when we actually had a good team people would stop talking about them like they're the Washington Generals.

Top Bottom