Fouls Fouls Fouls | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fouls Fouls Fouls

Reaction Score
Nah. For example, Baylor got the short end of the stick on the no-call in the Elite 8 matchup last year.

Mind you, the officiating was pretty equally terrible the rest of the game, but that particular lack of a call definitely went in UConn's favor.
Agreed that the officiating in the Baylor game was pretty poor and that both teams did get away with fouling and that last play was definitely beneficial to UConn however Baylor did get Far more benefit from Missed and non calls and is probably the reason there was no call made on that last play.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Agreed that the officiating in the Baylor game was pretty poor and that both teams did get away with fouling and that last play was definitely beneficial to UConn however Baylor did get Far more benefit from Missed and non calls and is probably the reason there was no call made on that last play.
Everyone always says, don't let the officials decide the game at the end. Based on how they called the entire game, I think it would have been MORE controversial if they DID call that foul.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I would pay good money to have camera's installed on a ref's head and then have the fans watching click a button every time they see a foul.

Also, UConn's bigs need to KEEP THEIR HANDS STRAIGHT UP.

Reaction Score
While I see all the time that the players should stand there with the hands straight up I can tell you that it at times is necessary when someone is driving into you but at all other times is a terrible way to have to play. It is impossible to jump with any authority or height when standing that way so it will kill rebounding. It is impossible to create quickness or speed. It leaves the player defenseless and in a poor position to do anything.

Reaction Score
Morrow is 6'1", and what you mean she is a much smaller freshman? UConn 5 starters only ONO and Droka are taller then she.

I doubt you have watched last night game since you said "there were no fouls committed during the majority of times that she just out hustled us to the ball". This is totally not true.
I believe Caroline is 6’ 2”.

Reaction Score
Wow I am of that same opinion and voiced it. It was not received well. Good job John, Jane when it’s not ,is not doing one thing to help this child grow and learn to improve.

Reaction Score
Even a slight improvement in officiating would improve the game. My wish would include...a free throw for flopping. A no-call for plays where the defense is retreating and the offensive player initiates contact to get a foul. For starters, it just contradicts the whole idea of freedom of movement for the offense, when they choose to run into someone intentionally. Why can an offensive player run through the defense, but the defense can't run through them?

And...more of a rule issue versus officiating is the length and number of timeouts. It's worse when there are tv timeouts. Why is a 30-second timeout 3 minutes? I've seen games where the last 2-3 minutes of a game took 20 minutes to finish! Lastly, I don't think a team with no timeouts left should be able to request a review under 2 minutes. Teams are using it as a timeout and could care less about the review.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Must be different refs today in the St. John's vs DePaul game. DePaul has 9 team fouls vs St. John's 4, going into the 4th quarter at 69 each.

Reaction Score
I would pay good money to have camera's installed on a ref's head and then have the fans watching click a button every time they see a foul.

Also, UConn's bigs need to KEEP THEIR HANDS STRAIGHT UP.
As they say, "you had better watch what you ask for. You may get it." Ono in particular, has done a great job this year of blocking shots the right way with hands up. Watch Nikka manhandle her player. If you called a foul every play, she could be out of each game by halftime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom