Fort Hays St @ Connecticut - GAME THREAD | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Fort Hays St @ Connecticut - GAME THREAD

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The big 6: 76
Rest of team: 02
Even though it is 1st exhibition game I would like to see more points from the big bench particularly against this level of competition. :oops:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Which player has the Conehead hairdo? Or giant beehive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lexi had a nice head fake and layup in the last 2 minutes, but missed the FT.

Reaction Score
Lots of adrenaline for the newbies (and the other bench players) so not too surprising shots are off (seemed to be missing long a lot). I think once they relax the shooting percentages will improve.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought the Core 4 were really good. Gabby took control of the floor. Kia hit several threes. Lou's shot was off, but her game looked more diverse. Napheesa was everywhere and was nearly automatic from inside.

Crystal had several assists and hit some shots. She seemed in control and confident.

Z missed all 4 threes, but notched 3-4 blocks and scored in other ways.

Meg moved well and hustled.

Kyla and Molly play well together.

Lexi, Andi, and Mikayla all had some nice plays. Mikayla is very smooth.

Almost everyone missed layups. :(

Rebounding was rather mediocre.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I liked what I saw from Danger, Kia & Pheesa. Everyone else was good & bad. Lots to work on.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Gabby looked off, likely the effects of missing some practices. Lou's and Z's shots were off but that won't last long. Napheesa was steady and solid as always. Crystal looked comfortable. Walker is going to make a lot of plays. She's very active and a good passer. The question for Meg will be consistently making perimeter shots.

Reaction Score
Enough is enough...

All I will say is that it's a good thing this disgrace of a feed was free. 3 different machines and nothing but freeze after freeze. Complete unwatchable. If I had paid for this joke, I'd be on a mission to get a refund even if I had to drive to Storrs and spend $25 in gas to get $10 back.
Mine has frozen over 20 times!

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Rebounding needs a lot of work. Z very versatile, can score inside, block some shots. If you ignore her roll to the inside, you're toast, especially with the number of players who can make that pass. Crystal looked good but didn't penetrate enough. KLS was rusty from three but looked a bit better on D. Pheesa was Pheesa. The Canadian knocked off the rust and drained her threes. Gabby had one of her "Did you see that?" moments when she skyed to grab a rebound and put the basket in in the same motion. Irwin hustled but missed a ton of rebounds. Bent has big trouble moving laterally on defense, which lead to a couple of penalties.
Freshmen looked OK, flashed then flopped a lot.

They all need more game time to work out the cobwebs.

Wonderful just to be able to watch them again.

The link had a tiny screen, couldn't maximize it. Any suggestions?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
1. Crystal started the game. Congratulations to all of you that called that.

2. First impressions..........Napheesa looked good. She picked up where she left off. No rust there. Crystal looked very comfortable running things tonight. I believe she hit her first two 3's. She played under control.
Azura is coming along. A little cold at the start. Missed some bunnies underneath the basket, but was OK after she settled down. Blocked a lot of shots. Walker ice cold at the beginning, as was Lou, but Lou warmed up in a hurry.

3. Very glad to see the freshmen get on the floor. Bent, Irwin and 3 of the freshmen finished the last 3 minutes of the game. Basically no surprises in the first exhibition game of the season. A good run for everyone, and no injuries. The outcome of the game was what everyone expected. No surprises. 4 days until the next game. Lots to work on. I'm glad the season has finally started. I've been waiting for today for 3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The link had a tiny screen, couldn't maximize it. Any suggestions?

Initially I thought the same thing. Then I placed the cursor on the screen and it revealed an icon in the low right corner of the screen for expanding to the full size of your monitor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom