[formerly] Duke's Azura Stevens | Page 5 | The Boneyard

[formerly] Duke's Azura Stevens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So will Azure remain at Connecticut for three years, playing her full two years of eligibility? Or will she get in one good year, and then bolt to the WNBA and European leagues after her redshirt junior season when she becomes eligible to play pro? She's already been named All-ACC. If she does well her first year at UConn, what will hold her back?
The DRAW of MONEY is huge.. But if she is intelligent she will see that if she wins 2 NC's her sale-ability for European (money) teams will be better. Her WNBA draft status will climb (not beyond number 1 however) and this equates into dollars.
I'd love to have her PLAY at Uconn for 3 years. However, I am thrilled to have her a UConn Husky today. could her timing ever have been better??????

Reaction Score
Azura is already a proven commodity.
she averaged 19 ppg - 10 Boards ( 9.5 ) & 2 Blocks in an Elite conference... with in my opinion limited coaching, slow tempo Offense & on a team this past year that was very inexperienced on the perimeter.
With Stewie now graduated... could easily make a case that Azura is the most talented, versatile player in WBB.

for me.. the "potential" with this young lady...exists in now receiving coaching from the best coach in the sport / playing in a program with high level execution.
She was & is the closest thing to Stewie, wbb has to offer.

Every single time I saw her play last season... I would express how I would loved to have seen what she could do / be if she was at UConn or Notre Dame.
Shame on you ---for using the ND word in speak of A.S. !!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The DRAW of MONEY is huge.. But if she is intelligent she will see that if she wins 2 NC's her sale-ability for European (money) teams will be better. Her WNBA draft status will climb (not beyond number 1 however) and this equates into dollars.
I'd love to have her PLAY at Uconn for 3 years. However, I am thrilled to have her a UConn Husky today. could her timing ever have been better??????
Yes. She could have transferred last season and been eligible to play this season.

Reaction Score
Yes. She could have transferred last season and been eligible to play this season.
Why transfer into Uconn 2 years ago and have to compete with the nations top players every day?? I'll take what she is giving us NOW!! This was a gift dropped into Geno's lap--don't looks gifted Wbb players in the mouth (think about that one)!!!

Reaction Score
She was a good player @ Duke. She'll become a GREAT player @ Uconn. Not saying she's Stewie but she's pretty darn close and practicing with the team this season having to sit out gives her time to work on her handle, jump shot off the dribble and court awareness. I seen a couple games where teams just snatched the ball away from her. Hope she's in the weight room as I post this

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Why transfer into Uconn 2 years ago and have to compete with the nations top players every day?? I'll take what she is giving us NOW!! This was a gift dropped into Geno's lap--don't looks gifted Wbb players in the mouth (think about that one)!!!
You misunderstand. I said THIS season, 2016, 2017. If she had transferred last season she would have been sitting out this past season and ready to play for UCONN for three seasons. I did not say she should have transferred two seasons ago.

Reaction Score
AZ looks and moves a little like Kevin Durant on the court, with Uconn coaching I think she'll be a 3/4 in the pros.

Reaction Score
:). But fair is fair. If not Gino, then SHE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED would be the best coach and team for her. I'm sure that watching UConn's players drafted 1, 2, 3 in the WNBA made it impossible to resist coming to Storrs. It's a slam-dunk for anyone in her situation...or at least should be.

Did somebody say slam-dunk? Wouldn't that be fun to finally see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom