Former UConn star Dorka Juhász excited to be back in Connecticut as Minnesota Lynx take on Sun | The Boneyard

Former UConn star Dorka Juhász excited to be back in Connecticut as Minnesota Lynx take on Sun

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

The Connecticut Sun and Minnesota Lynx are set to play a pair of games on Sunday and Tuesday. Here’s what to know.​

I expect the entire team to attend both games. :cool:

Not sure that’s possible. Don’t think they’re in campus

Carnac

Reaction Score
Not sure that’s possible. Don’t think they’re in campus
Oh :eek:............ok. Any idea when they return to campus to begin practice sessions for their European exhibitions? :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score

Two things I saw here......
1. Dorka read Bonner's body language (perfectly) and saw that see was positioning herself to take a shot, and reacted correctly by closing the gap between them when she picked up her dribble and putting her hand straight up to get enough of the shot to change its trajectory.

2. Dorka KEPT HER HAND UP after the shot. No fly swatting (notice Dorka's hand after the shot) and possible fowling, allowing Bonner to tie the game from the line. Great job Dorka. When the ball came your way.....you made a HUGE play!! :D I think it's a fair statement to say that our Dorka has successfully made the transition from college to professional women's basketball. :) The game came down to one play, and Dorka made it.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Just got back from the game, a real downer for Sun fans. From my vantage point I couldn't see if the ball was reflected, but it sure was a funny shot. In my book, the worst player to take that shot. Bonner is terrible at the end of games and quarters, plus she should have taken the shot sooner for a possible rebound. On the other hand, Dorka looked great out there. Good rebounding position, made some shots including a 3 pointer. She received a great welcome when she was introduced, although you could hardly hear the introduction. For opponents, the PA announcer just calls out the names like he was having a conversation with a person right next to him. Total disrespect to visiting players in my mind. It was a Star Wars game, and everyone got a Star Wars t-shirt before the game. My grandson had his taken when we got up to get some ice cream. The Sun played terrible, so they better pull it together as they toss it up again on Tuesday. Proud of Dorka, she did very well.

Reaction Score
A great game today! Took a few pics of Dorka and Liv.

10D7CE83-32D2-4683-B674-14B9D4C804DE.jpeg

3F60993E-5669-48DB-B0F3-7C9E4594DCF8.jpeg

Carnac

Reaction Score
Just got back from the game, a real downer for Sun fans. From my vantage point I couldn't see if the ball was reflected, but it sure was a funny shot. In my book, the worst player to take that shot. Bonner is terrible at the end of games and quarters, plus she should have taken the shot sooner for a possible rebound. On the other hand, Dorka looked great out there. Good rebounding position, made some shots including a 3 pointer. She received a great welcome when she was introduced, although you could hardly hear the introduction. For opponents, the PA announcer just calls out the names like he was having a conversation with a person right next to him. Total disrespect to visiting players in my mind. It was a Star Wars game, and everyone got a Star Wars t-shirt before the game. My grandson had his taken when we got up to get some ice cream. The Sun played terrible, so they better pull it together as they toss it up again on Tuesday. Proud of Dorka, she did very well.
Thanks for the report, BH. :cool: I always enjoy reading post game reviews from fans that were at the game. They see a whole different ball game than we do looking through a camera lens. I've noticed that the more Dorka plays, the more comfortable she appears to be, not to mention more confident.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you saw the this Linx at Sun game in person or on TV at the very beginning just before the tip, Dorka hugs DeWanna and says something to her and DB puts her hand over her heart and says a surprised "thank you"! I bet Dorka was congratulating DB on her recent engagement to A, Thomas!
Very cool for Dorka to do!

Reaction Score

The Connecticut Sun and Minnesota Lynx are set to play a pair of games on Sunday and Tuesday. Here’s what to know.​

I expect the entire team to attend both games. :cool:

I can’t post the pic but Caroline and ice were at the game

Reaction Score
Dorka's progression throughout the season has been great to watch. With this only being her rookie season, I'm looking forward to her long term future in the WNBA.

I agree with @JellyBean , those who were thinking Minnesota was tanking and Reeve couldn't get this team on track gave up on the team too soon. Considering the injuries that they've had to manage, to be in position for a play-off spot is impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom