Former UAB Commit Kirk Livingston Commits to UCONN | The Boneyard

Former UAB Commit Kirk Livingston Commits to UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
THIS IS GREAT NEWS - Anyone post this yet? If so, I apologize. Didn't see this posted from Monday.

UConn's 2-10 season might be over but coach Bob Diaco has been on the recruiting trail pretty much since that final whistle. On Sunday, the Huskies got a commitment from defensive end Kirk Livingstone (Stranahan High School, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida).

The New Haven Register's Jim Fuller spoke with Tally Adams, Livingstone's high school coach, who described the defensive end as "an awesome football player."

"An All-American," Adams told Fuller. "See how fast I answered that question. He could be an All-American, there is no doubt in my mind. As a freshman I have no question, I know he will go first-team all-conference. He is an awesome football player, the kid is special. UConn is getting a real steal, he can play at any level in college."

Incredibly lofty praise, and exactly what the Huskies and Diaco need as he tries to turn around a program that has been going in the wrong direction for some time.

Livingstone was set to attend UAB, but the school shut down its program earlier this month. Now the 6-4, 235-pounder is headed to Storrs.

"It was tough when he heard the news because he had his heart set on going to UAB," Adams said. "A lot of recruiters stayed away from him because he was solid (in his commitment to UAB). The program decided to go in a different direction and he had to go in a different direction as well.

"I think it (UConn) is the perfect spot for him. Kirk is very smart, he is not just an intelligent football player, he is an intelligent kid. He is A student in the classroom and outside of the classroom, he is just an all-around great person."

Livingstone had 14 sacks in eight games this season.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/blogs/dog-house/UConn-Commitment-called-awesome-player-285816791.html

Reaction Score
All AAC as a freshman? And he was going to UAB? Yeah, right.

Reaction Score
What's your problem? Piss off I'm thrilled to have him!

This kid must be good. He had offers from a number of schools!
http:// /Recruitment/Kirk-Livingstone-44470/RecruitInterest

Looks like things are heating up in CT!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
All AAC as a freshman? And he was going to UAB? Yeah, right.

After this season, it's not so far fetched. Second straight, yeah that guy could be really good commit. Momentum.

Decent comparable offer list, too.

Reaction Score
They said he's going to be first team all conference as a Freshman?

'No question'?

I agree that appears to be a stretch for anybody.

I am just thrilled that UCONN landed him. He's a pretty good Bball player too!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
While I think we're all appreciative of the effort, we all managed to filter out the hyperbole internally without your assistance.

Can you just accept some good news every now and again?

It's Christmas.

Maybe less egg nog and more reading the whole thread? You'll note that your post is factually wrong and all I said was pretty much the exact same thing you did to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom