Former recruit/commit stat tracker | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Former recruit/commit stat tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

You disagree? Has Jalen ever had a better game than 27, 6, 5, 5 on 9-13 shooting, 4-6 from 3pt and 4-5 from FT line while leading his team to a 40 pt win?

Reaction Score
Not to continue to beat a dead horse, but some seem to enjoy doing it. Waters wanted to start immediately. UConn had Adams and 5* Gilbert. That is why Waters had no interest. It wasn't Ollie's fault. Some have to stop looking at recruiting in a bubble.

Reaction Score
Probably has, but has Waters ever hit a 75 foot game tying buzzer beater to save a season?

Probably wouldn't need to win a quarterfinal AAC tourney game on a 75' shot to save our season if we had better guard play during the season.

Not sure why you guys are fighting this. Jalen is good, but has some pretty major gaps in his game, like shooting. Alterique will probably eventually be good, but has major, major gaps in his game right now, like shooting. Vital is ok, but is not at all a creative, ball-handler.

Waters looks special, and looks like he is the full package. He's a CT kid. It sucks he's not on the roster. That's all.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Waters had a good game against a scrub team - who cares?

He’s at LSU. There are a lot of reasons why he’s at LSU and none of them are good.
I was concerned until I looked it up and saw it was Alcorn St. Division 1 in name only.

Reaction Score
That doesn't change the fact that IMHO he's from New Haven, CT, is right now a better college guard than anyone on our roster, and due to his size will have to play 4 years in college, meaning his impact will be felt for 4 years.

And we couldn't reel him in(and seemingly committed other players over him.

Too bad. Won't enjoy watching him dominate for 4 years @ LSU
Criticize KO and whoever else on the Bruce Brown's and Bonzie Colson's all you want, those kids apparently wanted to commit and we held off and missed them. That's a valid criticism and one that KO seems to have learned from. But there's nothing KO can do about Waters, he made it clear he had no interest in coming to UConn. Nothing you can do about that but find someone else to come in who wants to play for UConn

Reaction Score
Ledo McCullough. Dunn. Kuran. Aj Reeves. That mythical Midwest white kid?

Reaction Score
Probably wouldn't need to win a quarterfinal AAC tourney game on a 75' shot to save our season if we had better guard play during the season.

Not sure why you guys are fighting this. Jalen is good, but has some pretty major gaps in his game, like shooting. Alterique will probably eventually be good, but has major, major gaps in his game right now, like shooting. Vital is ok, but is not at all a creative, ball-handler.

Waters looks special, and looks like he is the full package. He's a CT kid. It sucks he's not on the roster. That's all.
He had one good game, give it a rest Skip Bayless. My god some people are ignorant.

Reaction Score
Why did we cool on Bruce Brown? Did we prioritize Gilbert? I remember being his #1 for a while

Reaction Score
Why did we cool on Bruce Brown? Did we prioritize Gilbert? I remember being his #1 for a while
Can't keep every player straight, but from what I remember I think the big 2 reasons were wanting to keep a spot open for Diallo (not smart in hindsight/at the time) and Brown wanting to play PG while KO viewed him as more of a 2

Reaction Score
Can't keep every player straight, but from what I remember I think the big 2 reasons were wanting to keep a spot open for Diallo (not smart in hindsight/at the time) and Brown wanting to play PG while KO viewed him as more of a 2
Wasn't Brown a class before Diallo?

Reaction Score
That doesn't change the fact that IMHO he's from New Haven, CT, is right now a better college guard than anyone on our roster, and due to his size will have to play 4 years in college, meaning his impact will be felt for 4 years.

And we couldn't reel him in(and seemingly committed other players over him.

Too bad. Won't enjoy watching him dominate for 4 years @ LSU

This board reminds me of the scene from office space where Peter wakes up everyday and it's the worst day of his life. Everyday I read a post here and it's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Reaction Score

I think we should wait until he plays a game this season before we decide what flaws he does or doesn't have. His progress last season was skewed because of the injury he suffered late in the season against SMU. Last we saw of him in a real game, his jump shot looked pretty cash especially from mid-range. Is he ever going to be the best shooter in the gym probably not, but we don't need him to be.

Also, I know what people tend to remember from the 4 OT game against Cincinnati is the 3/4 court shot, but go back and watch the whole thing if you aren't sure whether Adams has played a game as good as Waters. He scored 22 points on 8 of 16 shooting, 2 of 3 from three, and 4 of 4 from the line against an elite defense in a do-or-die game. They weren't cheap buckets, either. They came in high, high leverage spots in the half-court against a dialed in defense where he had to get his own shot because even as a freshman he was the only player on the team, besides maybe D-Ham, who could do that.

Reaction Score
Not getting Waters was always going to hurt like hell, kid is a total stud.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not getting Waters was always going to hurt like hell, kid is a total stud.

Some posters named other kids that we didn’t pursue when we were there first choice. That would hurt more than a kid who never wanted to come here

Reaction Score
Baller. People were saying he was a shoot first PG and not what we needed. He is an awesome player and a natural distributor who happens to be a great scorer as well. Something must have stunk about his recruiting because he should have had offers from everyone.

Reaction Score
Some posters named other kids that we didn’t pursue when we were there first choice. That would hurt more than a kid who never wanted to come here
When a stud Connecticut kid doesn't play at Uconn it always bothers me, still hate that Camby didn't play for us. Diallo, Colson, and Bruce Brown were all big wiffs. Seems Ollie is starting to figure it out more on the trail with the incoming class, still needs to break through with a 5 star.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
When a stud Connecticut kid doesn't play at Uconn it always bothers me, still hate that Camby didn't play for us. Diallo, Colson, and Bruce Brown were all big wiffs. Seems Ollie is starting to figure it out more on the trail with the incoming class, still needs to break through with a 5 star.
Wasn’t Gilbert a 5*? From what posters have said brown and Colson wanted to come here and we passed on them. Diallo stings but once he reclassified I knew he wasn’t coming here. I like this years recruits and think next years will be very very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom