Former Husky Mir McLean hurt her knee | The Boneyard

Former Husky Mir McLean hurt her knee

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
In the category of other teams suffering significant injuries, I was watching Iowa State Oklahoma game ( Oklahoma won). The Cyclones suffered a significant loss less than two minutes in when 6-foot-6 Stephanie Soares went down with an apparent knee injury.

Soares, one of the best bigs in the conference if not the country, was already making a significant impact on the game. Soares had a bucket and a block before exiting the game.

Soares is the fourth-leading scorer in the Big 12 at 15.4 points per game, leads the conference in blocks at 3.2 per game and is second in the league in rebounding at 10.8 per game.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan, I see on the reaction emojis, the SAD emoji is labeled DISLIKE. I have a feeling TEMERY did that. but the Thumbs down is already dislike, we don't need a second one. This post needs a SAD emoji.
You can use the frown. I know you’re frowning at/disliking what I posted, not at me personally.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I just saw it on DVR. I haven't heard screaming like that since Mosqueda-Lewis's elbow injury many years ago. And it went on for several minutes. It looked like an ACL, but didn't sound like it. Scary.

I hope she makes a full recovery and takes UVA up another notch next year.

Reaction Score
I just saw it on DVR. I haven't heard screaming like that since Mosqueda-Lewis's elbow injury many years ago. And it went on for several minutes. It looked like an ACL, but didn't sound like it. Scary.

Wow! I can still hear KML’s scream. I couldn’t watch the replay after it happened. Wishing the best for Mir.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I've been watching basketball for decades, can't remember a reaction that bad :( A fun player to watch. I hope it wasn't as bad as it looked/sounded.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
In the category of other teams suffering significant injuries, I was watching Iowa State Oklahoma game ( Oklahoma won). The Cyclones suffered a significant loss less than two minutes in when 6-foot-6 Stephanie Soares went down with an apparent knee injury.

Soares, one of the best bigs in the conference if not the country, was already making a significant impact on the game. Soares had a bucket and a block before exiting the game.

Soares is the fourth-leading scorer in the Big 12 at 15.4 points per game, leads the conference in blocks at 3.2 per game and is second in the league in rebounding at 10.8 per game.

Reaction Score
First, I wish only the best and a speedy recovery for MIr and any player who sustains an injury. I also understand that many knee injuries are "non contact" in nature.

However, watching so many games with flying bodies as a result of elbows to the head, pushing off, attempts to draw fouls, etc. I think that the rules of basketball, or at least how those rules are enforced, need to be carefully reviewed. It may change the game and be ugly until the players adjust, but the extent and severity of injuries throughout the women's game is ruining the sport in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I hate these threads. And it's not a hate dislike for anyone that posted obviously. UCONN fan or not.

Reaction Score
Coach Mox announced last night that Mir is out for the season with a knee injury. No details provided. Tough for Mir. Also tough for UVA to lose their best player.

She’s in the leg splint so I’m guessing a torn acl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom