Former Huskies Elsewhere - Jan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Former Huskies Elsewhere - Jan

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Josh has always been a lightening rod on the board. I have always been a Josh fan but I understood the frustrations of fans with some of his play with the Huskies. There is nothing wrong with saying it was time for Josh to move on and also being happy that he is playing well. They are not mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
Good for Josh. Wish we still had him but obviously with Sanogo there was no chance he returned.

Reaction Score
We tried to run the offense through him in the beginning of his junior year. He took 17 shots in the first game that year. It didn't work against most of the teams, so we went away from it. He had put on weight (up to 260 from 240 in one year) and his finishing struggled (60% -> 50% that year -> back up to 62% now). He turned the ball over too often as a focal point (25% TO rate up from 20% his soph year).

Naturally he's better 2 years later as a legit 5th year (no injury or transfer sit out). Also playing for a terrific coach (better than Ollie or Hurley at this point), who has figured out how to minimize his turnovers.
The weight gain was due to the coaching staff at that time and it back fired. Josh was slower than he was the previous year. Yes, they did try to run the offense through him that year and it did not work because of the weight gain. The following year he trimmed back down and was more effective but time ran it's course on him and was pretty much deemed defective goods at that point.

Reaction Score
Houston’s passing and offense in general is better than UConn’s, so I’d say Carlton is getting much better looks there than he would be here. I’m happy for him and he made a great choice, but I’m not playing the what-if game over him.

Reaction Score
The weight gain was due to the coaching staff at that time and it back fired. Josh was slower than he was the previous year. Yes, they did try to run the offense through him that year and it did not work because of the weight gain. The following year he trimmed back down and was more effective but time ran it's course on him and was pretty much deemed defective goods at that point.

11 and 5 in 19 minutes a game is darn nice.

Reaction Score
In what freakin universe is 30 points and 11 rebounds "not bad."
Well Brimah scored 40 once..... i thought that was the start of something big, but then DHam forgot how to work the pick and lob the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
South Florida has lost to Georgia Southern and South Carolina St. the year. Their best win is against #236 Hawaii. They're ranked #242 on KenPom. It's a good game for Josh against a bad team.
Can you name any UConn player that scored 30 pts in an AAC conference road game?
2013-2020
Its a pretty rare.
I know of only one.
This USF team is better than a bunch of teams we played in those days

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Can you name any UConn player that scored 30 pts in an AAC conference road game?
2013-2020
Its a pretty rare.
I know of only one.
I think Jalen Adams scored 30+ at Temple once. For some reason, I also have visions of Josh scoring 30 at ECU

Reaction Score
2013-2020
Its a pretty rare.
I know of only one.
I mean, at #240 it's really not better than many, no. 1 team every other season or so that was worse. As I said it was a good game, just with the context in mind.

Reaction Score
Let's not go overboard. Overall he may be slightly better in a couple areas, but no meaningful difference in statistics.

If you look at his five year stats, he is playing very much like he did here as a sophomore and junior. A minute or two less playing time this year but a bit higher FG shooting percentage (lower on FT's), but fewer rebounds.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but on the topic of former Huskies, Hilton Armstrong is now a member of the Golden State coaching staff, working in the video room.

Donnell Beverly is producing a film about Russell Westbrook.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'd take Josh in a heartbeat

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The weight gain was due to the coaching staff at that time and it back fired.

And who was that?
As I recall, Josh played for KO 2017-2018 as a freshman and played under DH the following 2 seasons
Did he gain that weight before his freshman season or after?

Reaction Score

And who was that?
As I recall, Josh played for KO 2017-2018 as a freshman and played under DH the following 2 seasons
It was when Sal was brought on board

Reaction Score

And who was that?
You could have called me out on that gtcam my bad. I know that you hold former coach and anything that is a negative in satire to him personal. Not my intent as @MDHuskFan indicated it was Josh's sophomore year under Sal s.c. and Hurley at the helm, had my coaches years mixed. But still Josh was caught in a transition that is hard to overcome, new coach, weight gain (So. year), weight loss (Jr. year). It was unfortunate for the big guy here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom