Former Ashbrook standout Isaiah Whaley is ready for UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Former Ashbrook standout Isaiah Whaley is ready for UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
It's best to have a mix of body types, enabling you to play match ups. A long quick string bean for a quicker-paced game, and a strong widebody to push back against the guys who push you around or to bully the weak.

I don't see the redshirting, as he's already done a postgrad year. I don't see the skepticism, as he put up good numbers (21 points, 11 rebounds) against a national prep schedule. Yes, as a freshman or soph he may not contribute a lot, but he should play and learn and may be a substantial contributor as an upperclassman.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Our new conditioning coach is a combat trainer? How many years have we been saying that if this player just puts on 20 lbs. of muscle in the offseason and it never happens? Brimah was supposed to come back every season resembling the Incredible Hulk. The other thing is that these are college students with freedom, not marine recruits on Gomer Pyle. The best bet for getting big strong athletes is to recruit them in the first place, then work on them because starting with stringbeans and hoping for better is a crapshoot.
Not saying combat training is how it is to be done. Just saying that there are ways to pack muscle on in the offseason. I don't know what off season physical training/ nutrition program Brimah was on. To quote Chief maybe he was doing balance beam exercises. As for the "freedom" comment, you get what you pay for. Off season dedication along with proper training and nutrition with D1 calibur athletes (who are highly exceptional on the bell curve) will produce results. You can bet your ___ that we will see changes in area starting with recruits and up to existing players. In the example I used there was no one in my company that was over 6-3 so the upper limits can be extrapolated.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...nsider-roster-update-0609-20170608-story.html

For whatever reason, Dom Amore hypothesizes that Whaley will be the most likely freshman to contribute from day one.

"Last month, UConn landed Isaiah Whalley, 6-9 and 200, who played a postgrad year at Mount Zion Prep in Baltimore. Based on age and experience, he should be the freshman in the best position to contribute right away."

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn...nsider-roster-update-0609-20170608-story.html

For whatever reason, Dom Amore hypothesizes that Whaley will be the most likely freshman to contribute from day one.

"Last month, UConn landed Isaiah Whalley, 6-9 and 200, who played a postgrad year at Mount Zion Prep in Baltimore. Based on age and experience, he should be the freshman in the best position to contribute right away."
5 stars and 2 stars ratings mean something. A 3 can easily be a 4 in reality and vice versa. This kid does not strike me as a "deer in the headlights" type.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn...nsider-roster-update-0609-20170608-story.html

Spells his name wrong then says he'll contribute right away as opposed to the two kids who played EYBL ball and at more prominent prep schools (especially Dematha). Ok Dom

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member