Forever Seats? | The Boneyard

Forever Seats?

Reaction Score
Seems to me based on today’s email our “forever seats” are gone next year and we’re at the mercy of whoever wants to pay more before a seat selection process that allows no opportunity to keep a similar seat. Not happy about this.

Reaction Score
When were seats promoted by UConn as "forever seats"? I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and have never seen anything suggesting that you get to keep your seats forever. It's always been points (money) based, as far as I can recall.

Reaction Score
No loyalty unless you want to pay for it, then they’ll still boot you if it’s not enough. BS

Reaction Score
When were seats promoted by UConn as "forever seats"? I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and have never seen anything suggesting that you get to keep your seats forever. It's always been points (money) based, as far as I can recall.
Google is your friend …

IMG_4037.jpeg

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I also recall seeing "forever seats" marketing at some point within the last few years. That said I wasn't naive enough to believe it. It's been about money for a long time and it will continue to be about money.

Reaction Score
They were marketed as forever seats when they went to seat donations. As long as you paid the donation you got to keep them

Reaction Score
Assuming i'm reading correctly, the worst that is going to happen is you'll have to move your seat but you won't lose a seat since you cannot add season tickets at the time. So the pool of season ticket buyers stays the same, but its basically 52 card pick up for seats

Reaction Score
Assuming i'm reading correctly, the worst that is going to happen is you'll have to move your seat but you won't lose a seat since you cannot add season tickets at the time. So the pool of season ticket buyers stays the same, but its basically 52 card pick up for seats
Seems it is open to everyone. Regardless of if you are a season ticket holder now or not. Whoever wants to put up the most cash, or hasn’t bought tickets, all based on points now.

Reaction Score
There are a couple of concerns:

1. They do not say if there will be more or less seats. It seems clear they are adding some type of premium seating. In theory, you can get bumped from lower level to upper level.
2. They say prices will be made available next year. The implication is that the required seat donation is going up again, especially if they put in "premium" seating.

The one (possible) positive I see is that seat selection process will be based on priority points, so long time donors may have a slight advantage. Although, I am guessing they meant priority points within each donor level.

Reaction Score
The seats are changing so that's their out on the "forever seats." At the same time, I don't know how you can say they're "forever" knowing that there will inevitably be changes to seating before we're all dead.

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems it is open to everyone. Regardless of if you are a season ticket holder now or not. Whoever wants to put up the most cash, or hasn’t bought tickets, all based on points now.
"Seating selections for the 2025-26 will be based upon your current number of season tickets."

"....additional season tickets will not be available for purchase duing the seat selection process."

Reaction Score
FYI, based on the UConn ticket website, there are 39553 donors to the HAF. 199 priority points has me sitting at 6294/39553. That does not inspire a lot of confidence that I will be able to get season tickets going forward without upping that number

Reaction Score
From my friend, Google:

What is the true meaning of forever?

/fəˈrɛvə/ Things that last forever never come to an end — they continue endlessly.

Reaction Score
"Seating selections for the 2025-26 will be based upon your current number of season tickets."

"....additional season tickets will not be available for purchase duing the seat selection process."
Good find. Maybe we will have priority over other points who don’t have current tickets.

Reaction Score
I think they may be moving the students to the sidelines which is why they are doing this process...As someone who has 4 lower bowl sideline tickets at Gampel it sucks that I'll probably get bumped but at the same time this will be a much better atmosphere for games if students are on the sidelines.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The business of college sports has changed and UConn’s revenue stream is not well-situated to deal with it. Just staying in place will cost millions a year.

It’s not awesome for some people, but fans and students will be footing the bill for it.

Reaction Score
I think they may be moving the students to the sidelines which is why they are doing this process...As someone who has 4 lower bowl sideline tickets at Gampel it sucks that I'll probably get bumped but at the same time this will be a much better atmosphere for games if students are on the sidelines.
that's nice of you. lol

Reaction Score
They will not be doing that lol. UConn isn’t giving up the seat donations for the seats for students

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom