Foreign recruiting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Foreign recruiting

Reaction Score
Garrison came in with Austrie and was last min add because of the price and Williams suspension. Seemed common sense that he’d transfer after the season. My top 5 is:

Rakim Lubin
Darius Smith
Jamaal trice
Antonio Kellogg
Ben Eaves

Robert Garrison. Transferred to Niagara. I think him and Donell Beverly came in at the same time. I remember thinking he was the better of the two and the wrong guy left. Oh well

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
scottie harrelson

&

Ater majok - guy was a 5 star, top 20 overall national recruit and somehow the 9th highest ranked prospect to walk into gampel in the history of this program, all while not being able to chew gum and tie his shoes at the same time...

Reaction Score
I assume the process of foreign recruiting is extremely time consuming even with connections. Programs like Gonzaga seem to focus solely on foreign recruiting, with only some west coast recruits. I think it’s tough to do only some recruiting overseas without putting in lots of resources (which UConn doesn’t seem to have), otherwise why aren’t tons of other top programs recruiting overseas?

But we are closer to Europe. It should easier for us. :rolleyes:

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Garrison came in with Austrie and was last min add because of the price and Williams suspension. Seemed common sense that he’d transfer after the season. My top 5 is:

Rakim Lubin
Darius Smith
Jamaal trice
Antonio Kellogg
Ben Eaves

As a “blue blood” program, has any similar program brought in as many duds and reaches as us? We got nothing out of Harrelson, Trice and Smith.

Reaction Score
As a “blue blood” program, has any similar program brought in as many duds and reaches as us? We got nothing out of Harrelson, Trice and Smith.

Probably. Could you name the 7th guy of the bench at Duke or UNC in any given year?

Reaction Score
Take a lap on this one. Thabeet was a key part on a Final Four team. Just because he was an NBA bust doesn't mean he wasn't a useful player on UConn.
Yes he was a "Key part" of a LOSING Final Four team that would have probably lost to UNC had they beaten MSU. The fact that he was a bust in the NBA just proves my contention that he could not do anything beyond block college shots, intimidate college players and put back chippy offensive rebounds for his game points. He had horrible hands with 5 thumbs per paw on the offensive end and could not make a foul shot. Yes he was a Nat'l Defensive Player of the Year his Jr year, but that was simply for his shot blocking prowess. That all being said, a player with his one dimensional capability would certainly be welcome on this year's version of UConn basketball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes he was a "Key part" of a LOSING Final Four team that would have probably lost to UNC had they beaten MSU. The fact that he was a bust in the NBA just proves my contention that he could not do anything beyond block college shots, intimidate college players and put back chippy offensive rebounds for his game points. He had horrible hands with 5 thumbs per paw on the offensive end and could not make a foul shot. Yes he was a Nat'l Defensive Player of the Year his Jr year, but that was simply for his shot blocking prowess. That all being said, a player with his one dimensional capability would certainly be welcome on this year's version of UConn basketball.

Wow you proved to know little about the game. Who cares if he was an NBA bust he was a very good college basketball player with a huge impact on UConn basketball. Anyone thinking otherwise is a dope.

Reaction Score
Wow you proved to know little about the game. Who cares if he was an NBA bust he was a very good college basketball player with a huge impact on UConn basketball. Anyone thinking otherwise is a dope.
Au contraire...methinks that you are the dope...he was a very good defensive player...with VERY limited offensive skills and at 7'-3" could have probably been the NCAA Player of the Year if he had a complete game.

Reaction Score
Au contraire...methinks that you are the dope...he was a very good defensive player...with VERY limited offensive skills and at 7'-3" could have probably been the NCAA Player of the Year if he had a complete game.

Ok my bad. Lol

Reaction Score
scottie harrelson

&

Ater majok - guy was a 5 star, top 20 overall national recruit and somehow the 9th highest ranked prospect to walk into gampel in the history of this program, all while not being able to chew gum and tie his shoes at the same time...

No one has ever ridden the hype train better than Ater Majok. Kid was actually drafted by the Lakers! (mindboggling)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I thought about replying to each of your ridiculous points one by one but was too lazy. It was easier simply to reply by saying you are a dope.

caw

Reaction Score

I doubt even if had averaged 20 he would have had a chance at player of the year that year. I believe Blake Griffin won that year and he had some crazy stats and deserved it.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
No one has ever ridden the hype train better than Ater Majok. Kid was actually drafted by the Lakers! (mindboggling)

Absolutely crazy.

Even more absurb is that his name is still involved in the league. Majok’s rights were traded just LAST YEAR to the New Orleans Pelicans for Quincy Pondexter and a 2nd Round pick. Granted this was a cap deal, but I was still blown away that he even had NBA rights to trade!

Reaction Score
Bruh. If if if. If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

UConn doesn't make the final 4 without Thabeet plus Dyson was down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom