For your reading pleasure... | The Boneyard

For your reading pleasure...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma is a bad winner and a bully

This article is so stunningly and consistently wrong in so many things, I won't bother to critique it. Good way to get the juices flowing before this weekends games.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is that idiot Mushnick again. It’s basically the same article he posted last week with a few more insults thrown in. It’s clickbait - don’t give that rag, the NY Post, any undeserved attention.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
We should only have to put up with him once a season. I guess finding new ideas is harder than it looks.

Reaction Score
As I said in another thread the problem with the tournament is that at least half the teams don't belong there.
16 teams would be about right.

Reaction Score
This guys is pretty amazing... through years of coaching and teaching baseball players, the one thing that was the MOST insulting was when a clearly dominant Team stopped putting forth their best effort. No one wants to lose big, but when you are clearly outmatched, you want to play against the best the other team has so as to find where you need to improve yourself and your team. Sure, Geno could have told his players to not block shots, not go for steals, not put their hands up on defense (never going to happen), and not to shoot open shots when UConn had the ball. The score would have been closer...maybe... but what would that have taught the team from St. Francis? What would that have done for UConn in preparing for later rounds in the tournament?

Sure, It's UConn's fault that they work so hard at being the best that they can be. But it's not something they should be shamed for...and when the #1 Ranked Team in any Tournament in any sport plays the Last Ranked Team to get in (i.e., the #64 Ranked Team), a resounding victory by the #1 Team should be expected. VERY RARELY does a last ranked team (i.e. UMBC) find a way to even make it close, let alone beat a First Ranked Team (i.e. UVA). Normally it's a 40+ point victory...especially in WCBB where the overall depth is not as strong as in MCBB.

I suppose the writer was one of those kids who played a youth sport and was always on the team that came in last in the league, year after year...and just never got over it. He proudly displays his "participation trophies" in his home office as inspiration! Head bang

Reaction Score
Did anyone see this article ? Commentary about Geno and his crushing of St Francis.... and poor sportsmanship for running up the score.... winning by 90 when he could have held it to 60 or 70...

This writer totally misses the picture and I believe his cornbread ain't done in the middle....

Reaction Score
What a piece of trash.....perhaps if had done some homework by listening to the St Francis coaches presser he may have been compelled to put his pen down.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Did anyone see this article ? Commentary about Geno and his crushing of St Francis.... and poor sportsmanship for running up the score.... winning by 90 when he could have held it to 60 or 70...

This writer totally misses the picture and I believe his cornbread ain't done in the middle....
Good one. Hadn't heard that one before.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mr Mush! I posted about him in recent weeks after finding his anti-Geno rants. Been waiting for him to return from the can and opine on the St Francis game.

He'll probably be babbling about Geno from his grave.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
We have a badass over here!

Holding the score down to, say, a 50- or 60-point win should not be difficult for any coach, let alone one of Auriemma’s acumen. And if he doesn’t know how it’s done, I’ll be happy to show him.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Good one. Hadn't heard that one before.
That was funny. I am thinking that the Bayareahusky moniker refers to Mobile Bay, and not the Bay area I once assumed he claimed. ;)

Reaction Score
What gets me about Mushhead and the USA Today article is that it’s so obvious that these guys didn’t see the game. They’re just working off the box score. I know Geno said the same thing about the USA Today guy, but it’s so infuriating. The only way to have that many possessions and score that many points is a really fast paced game by both teams. Any sports guy should know that? Mushhead says that some of the starters played 24 and 29 minutes? Like what was Geno suppose to do in preparing his starting players for a tournament run? Play them 15 just to make the game a little closer? And so a non-informed reader reads that garbage and forms an opinion that Geno plays that way. That’s the worst and most unfair part.

And for those of you who haven’t seen the Post today, the electronic version has this article highlighted on the front page with Geno’s picture.......sad.....

Last edited:

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
This is that idiot Mushnick again. It’s basically the same article he posted last week with a few more insults thrown in. It’s clickbait - don’t give that rag, the NY Post, any undeserved attention.

I wish I had read your post before I clicked the link. A way below average writer writing about a way above average coach, no wonder he doesn't get it. Quite a contrast to the ESPN article.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Was it Phil Mushnick again? He is dope if it was
It was Mushnick, and I do not think he is dope, as the younger set says . However, I think he is a dope, and he goes so far as to proudly declare himself as such in the uninformed article. the New York Post is a fitting forum for Mushnick and his agitprop style of psuedo journalism.

Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma is a bad winner and a bully

This article is so stunningly and consistently wrong in so many things, I won't bother to critique it. Good way to get the juices flowing before this weekends games.

The only stats he cites from the game are the final score, and the minutes of two starters (29 and 24, I think--so one starter was in for 3/4 of the game, the other for slightly less than 5/8). Turning that around, 4 starters played less than half the game, one played for slightly more than a quarter. And the fourth quarter was 24-4, with the UConn bench playing all of it.

Plus, he didnt bother to ask either the St Francis coach or players what they thought about it. It's just bad because it's so lopsided. Which is an apt description of this article.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There is no cure for stupidity. The cure for bad writing however is obscurity. Let us now consign this person to eternal irrelevancy.

Reaction Score
Print journalism is in desperate shape, and if this guys want to keep their jobs, which means pay their bills and support their families, they need to stir up things. I am not engaging in anything political here, just copying a selective (to avoid politics) chunk of the wikipedia article on the Post:

In 1980, the Columbia Journalism Review stated "New York Post is no longer merely a journalistic problem. It is a social problem – a force for evil."
According to a survey conducted by Pace University in 2004, the Post was rated the least-credible major news outlet in New York, and the only news outlet to receive more responses calling it "not credible" than credible (44% not credible to 39% credible).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom