Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Was with a bunch of Maryland fans and they had no idea wtf happened

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No one saw what happened. Glad you showed this bc that was the biggest bunch of bs

Reaction Score
Adams used an extended left arm to impede Melo. TV angle didn't pick it up well, but he definitely fouled him. Ref was right there.

Reaction Score
I can't blame Ollie for getting upset with that heinous call.
My blame with Ollie is that he didn't try to rip the referees head off and leave the spine dangling like Calhoun would have
There is an ease that refs have in a bad way with Ollie that they didn't have with Calhoun and it doesn't help us

Reaction Score
Adams used an extended left arm to impede Melo. TV angle didn't pick it up well, but he definitely fouled him. Ref was right there.

We couldn't see the front view but it looked like an attempt to create contact with that arm, but Jalen pulled it away and instead got hit with the elbow. That's why he was clapping because he thought he got the call.

Reaction Score
Maryland had four foooooking team fouls in the second half. I'm telling the refs to swallow the whistle On a fringe call when they had been doing it all half on the other side

Reaction Score
We couldn't see the front view but it looked like an attempt to create contact with that arm, but Jalen pulled it away and instead got hit with the elbow. That's why he was clapping because he thought he got the call.

Melo moved through the contact and then pushed the arm away. Ref called the impediment of his movement.

Reaction Score
That Adams call was such a joke.
Agree. How does a ref call that at that point in the game, plus he didn't have a good view since the MD player was between him and Adams. Does 'ng ref have x-ray vision. If he did, he'd see that Adams didn't grab him and barely touched him, if in fact he did.

Just not the call you make at that point in a close (3 pt) game. That's one of those calls that pretty much decided the game. It was a one possession game with plenty of time for UConn to get a stop and come back and tie it. What a crock!

Reaction Score
Maryland had four foooooking team fouls in the second half. I'm telling the refs to swallow the whistle On a fringe call when they had been doing it all half on the other side

Our guards don't pressure the defense into fouls by probing the lane. 'Bazz/Kemba/Boat would put 4-6 fouls/game on the opposing team simply by probing the lane off PnR. That would get us in the Bonus and that's how you win championships.

Our starting guards are Gibbs/Purvis, who are simply not that type of player. They retreat off the hedge almost every single time. THEY NEED TO ATTACK THE HEDGE'S HIP, LIKE WE TEACH KIDS IN HIGH SCHOOL. They are both strait line drive, make/miss players. They do not draw fouls and DO NOT finish at the rim, AND DEFINITELY do not create for others.

So, we are ALWAYS losing in # of free throws and its never close.

Super depressing.

Reaction Score
This is where a coach can help by working the officials.
Ollie refuses to do that.

Reaction Score
plus he didn't have a good view since the MD player was between him and Adams. Does 'ng ref have x-ray vision. If he did, he'd see that Adams didn't grab him and barely touched him, if in fact he did.

Because he saw Adams' arm out in front of Melo impeding him. And that's a foul.

Reaction Score
I'm saying pay attention to the countless drives where we were raped with no call on the other side.
In other words - keep it fair. If it's Ticky tack let it go.
The refs were foul hunting and they bagged us late

Reaction Score
I'm saying pay attention to the countless drives where we were raped with no call on the other side.

I saw very few fouls on MD in the 2nd half. This is also something they have done consistently on the year (UMD top 20/351 in country in not fouling on D). We were able to drive paint at will 2nd half in part because they weren't fouling.

Meanwhile we were falling for Melo change of pace drives and hitting shooters on arm on layup attempts when trying for blocks.

Reaction Score
Just for you ...

I watched that play 4 times. You're crazy. It's a horrible call. If anything, Trimble pushed Adams hand. And ... at that moment of the game, you shouldn't be calling that.

He ran through the arm and then pushed it away. As soon as the arm impedes him, that's a foul under the freedom of movement rules 100/100. You can see Adams left arm sticking out perpendicular to Melo's body in his path in the vine in the OP. It's not much, but it's enough and it's a foul.

Reaction Score
The foul call was absurd and KO throwing the papers on the court was dumber than dirt. Looked like a classic finish was about to happen and it was all taken away in 5 seconds.
A classic finish? The sabotage brothers weren't going to pull that off, they started missing their shots as soon as the pressure set in.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Yea I was there and this vine justifies KO's T...I thought my eyes fooled me but no I was right...the zebras strike again and make us think that we have paid our well earned money to see them blow the whistle...not to say we would have won or anything but what a shame this game's momentum got killed but a rogue zebra feelin like he needed to blow his horn for no good reason

Reaction Score
So....Ollie said in the post game that Jalen did commit a foul.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's small, but it's absolutely a foul under the rules. And it should be in the grand scheme of things, even if it stunk.

What it is not, is an excuse for the head coach to LOSE HIS GDDAM MIND

Reaction Score
Looked to me like Warde Manuels contract to become Michigan AD just went flying into the crowd.

Reaction Score

That was not a foul at all, no arm nothing there. He denied then gave him space there is going to be contact but any call resulting from the contact is by a dreadful referee with no right dong big time games period! AWFUL call at any angle.

Reaction Score
Just watched it again closely when KO threw the papers did everyone see who was trying to get him refrained, hand out in the stands, knew he was hot? Boo Willingham check it out - trying to stop him from blowing from the first row!

Reaction Score
JC might have thrown a chair. I don't believe in blaming the refs for a loss and that technical cost us 1 point but that may have been the worse call I've seen in years. If there was any foul at all it should have been called the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom