For those who want Edsall back | The Boneyard

For those who want Edsall back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Edsall's dream team was winning 7-3 today at halftime at home vs Townson State. This is one week after getting crushed at home by Temple, a Temple team that lost badly today to Toledo.

Edsall inherited a top flight QB that has next level potential. Coach P inherited a walk on QB that had not seen the field in 4 years when he was in high school. IMO we'd be 2-3 if Edsall were still here and we'd be watching the Michael Box show.

A year ago at this time we were in the same boat we are in now and that was with an NFL backfield.

Also a year ago right now many were convinced Calhoun couldn't recruit anymore. Point being things can change in a hurry.

McEntee has already convinced me he has a higher ceiling than Frazer.

Reaction Score
Edsall's dream team was winning 7-3 today at halftime at home vs Townson State. This is one week after getting crushed at home by Temple, a Temple team that lost badly today to Toledo.

Edsall inherited a top flight QB that has next level potential. Coach P inherited a walk on QB that had not seen the field in 4 years when he was in high school. IMO we'd be 2-3 if Edsall were still here and we'd be watching the Michael Box show.

A year ago at this time we were in the same boat we are in now and that was with an NFL backfield.

Also a year ago right now many were convinced Calhoun couldn't recruit anymore. Point being things can change in a hurry.

What wants Edsall back? Not me. And I haven't seen a single post stating that. Do I think we would be 2-3 this year with him? Absolutely not. But he walked out to take what he viewed as a better job. No sane person would hire him back.

Reaction Score
Teams that break in new coaches and new systems often take a step back. That it's happening to us and Maryland shouldn't be surprising.

Reaction Score
Does Edsall push Todman out the door, as many have speculated he did, if he had not gone to Maryland?

Reaction Score
What wants Edsall back? Not me. And I haven't seen a single post stating that. Do I think we would be 2-3 this year with him? Absolutely not. But he walked out to take what he viewed as a better job. No sane person would hire him back.

I wasn't referring to you. I have read posts that have said P has destroyed everything Edsall has built up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not a single poster has said they want Edsall back.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
With Edsall, we probably beat Vandy. I doubt we win ISU or WMU.

For the record, Maryland's talent on defense is abysmal. They really are puny. Edsall needs time to recruit and realize that Gary Crowton has no business coaching offense at the 1-A level. He'll turn them around.

Reaction Score

I don't want him back, he couldn't recruit little kids into a candy store.

Reaction Score
With Edsall, we probably beat Vandy. I doubt we win ISU or WMU.

For the record, Maryland's talent on defense is abysmal. They really are puny. Edsall needs time to recruit and realize that Gary Crowton has no business coaching offense at the 1-A level. He'll turn them around.

Edsall needs until the end of time to recruit and have a clue on offense

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

We would be 2-3 with Edsall and Iowa State and WMU would be 2 TD losses.

Reaction Score
Eh, both P and Edsall gave up 38 points to MAC teams at home. Truth be told, they are BOTH underachieving for the talent they inherited. P is trying to overcome that a walk on QB is better than what had been recruited at the position under Edsall (not counting Nebrich who is true frosh). The fact that Mac is better than both McCummings and Box speaks volumes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We would be 2-3 with Edsall and Iowa State and WMU would be 2 TD losses.

If there is one thing we can take to the bank it's a Waylon prediction. WVU over LSU. Pitt over ND. UConn no issues with WMU. These things are rock solid locks.

Reaction Score
I wasn't referring to you. I have read posts that have said P has destroyed everything Edsall has built up.

That is a rational argument that I could make if I wanted to. But that has zero to do with wanting Edsall back.

Reaction Score
That is a rational argument that I could make if I wanted to. But that has zero to do with wanting Edsall back.

It would be a rational argument a couple of years from now. But now, on 10/2/2011, it's premature. Not one of these 3 losses this year were worse than Navy, or any one of last year's losses to Temple, RU, & Ville.

Reaction Score
It would be a rational argument a couple of years from now. But now, on 10/2/2011, it's premature. Not one of these 3 losses this year were worse than Navy, or any one of last year's losses to Temple, RU, & Ville.

It is premature to discuss terminating P. I keep saying that. But to ask how they're doing at this point -- why?

More importantly, those losses were all on the road -- sucking at home is much, much worse. And coaches that coach for a long time will have good wins (unless they're GRob) and bad losses. P has not built up a piggy bank of accomplishments to support the withdrawals. That's not saying he won't -- it's just stating what, at the moment, is fact. The only thing supporting him at the moment are predictions. On the negative side, however, there are events.

Reaction Score
GRob won in South Bend.

And, I'm assuming you implied that P has not built up a piggy bank here at UConn. And that you didn't forget that he has more wins than any other coach in Big East history. And has been to multiple BCS bowls.

Reaction Score
This coaching staff is really struggling. Brown had his lunch eaten yesterday.

That said, P should have and will have not less than two seasons to prove himself.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Dont wat RE back I wanted McGee....I'd rather go with young then washed up

You stop this! You stop this right now! How DARE you ask Jeff Hathaway to think creatively!

Reaction Score

There is a long thread titled "Time for a change" demanding P be fired at the end of this year that begins with the words "I am an Edsall apoligista". I started this thread to rebut that nonsnse. You are right, it doesn't come out and say "I want Edsall back", but isn't that implied?

The team that beat us yesterday is pretty darn good. I would not be surprised to see them run the table from here on out. If you think it is rational to think P has destroyed what Edsall has built then you have lost some of your credibility as a rational UCONN fan.

As you have pointed out many times, Frazer was a 5 star recruit sought after by national powers. What did P inherit at the position?

I saw signs of progress on offense yesterday. I feel more optimistic about our chances of having a winning Big East season than I did 24 hours ago.

Reaction Score
There is a long thread titled "Time for a change" demanding P be fired at the end of this year that begins with the words "I am an Edsall apoligista". I started this thread to rebut that nonsnse. You are right, it doesn't come out and say "I want Edsall back", but isn't that implied?

The team that beat us yesterday is pretty darn good. I would not be surprised to see them run the table from here on out. If you think it is rational to think P has destroyed what Edsall has built then you have lost some of your credibility as a rational UCONN fan.

As you have pointed out many times, Frazer was a 5 star recruit sought after by national powers. What did P inherit at the position?

I saw signs of progress on offense yesterday. I feel more optimistic about our chances of having a winning Big East season than I did 24 hours ago.
Not implied at all. I was just being open with where my allegiances were last year and previous years when the threads started calling for his dismissal. He wanted out so I no longer wanted him here.

Reaction Score
Not implied at all. I was just being open with where my allegiances were last year and previous years when the threads started calling for his dismissal. He wanted out so I no longer wanted him here.
But you prefer he never left. Fine I'll change my thread to say "to those who wish Edsall never left" so we can see Edsall not recruit Casey Cochrane and start Michael Box and play passive defense so we can occasionally luck into a BCS bowl when the conference is crap.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does Edsall push Todman out the door, as many have speculated he did, if he had not gone to Maryland?
I'm still convinced that if Edsall to Maryland wasn't already a done deal, RE never would have forced JT to announce to the team (and the world) that he was gone prior to the Fiesta Bowl kickoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom