For those who don't read the UConn recruiting thread - Caroline Ducharme | Page 3 | The Boneyard

For those who don't read the UConn recruiting thread - Caroline Ducharme

Reaction Score
Impressions, intentions, predictions don't matter.............................Results do.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They were wrong on her rating and her height which they had at 5-10 for the longest time. I haven't looked today, but yesterday morning they were still not showing Ayanna Patterson as committed to Uconn. Pretty pathetic ESPN.

It took Prospects Nation nearly three weeks to put the Husky emblem next to Ayanna Patterson. For some reason these sites just don't update their content all that often.

Reaction Score
I love the shot talent of the incoming freshmen I just worry about the speed. I would really love to get and ultrafast point guard. Nika it not that fast either many guards blow right by her. She is a pest out near the 3 point line but is not fast enough to stay with a real quick guard. From looking at the video I don’t believe Azzi is either. Does anyone have input on how fast KK is or how fast Kiki is.one of them may be our future stopper on defense.

Reaction Score
I love the shot talent of the incoming freshmen I just worry about the speed. I would really love to get and ultrafast point guard. Nika it not that fast either many guards blow right by her. She is a pest out near the 3 point line but is not fast enough to stay with a real quick guard. From looking at the video I don’t believe Azzi is either. Does anyone have input on how fast KK is or how fast Kiki is.one of them may be our future stopper on defense.
Stanford just won a national championship, and they’re not known for their speed. IMHO speed is much more important in the men’s game. In the women’s game I’ll take a solid shooter with passing skills any day over a quick point guard. If you do want speed CW has it, she has one of the quickest first steps in the women’s game. Maya Moore and Diana were not know for blinding speed.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Yes, our signature is speed, and as of right now I think we are alright. Our problem ever since Lou left is our half court game. Christyn, Evina, and Paige can knock them down, but the consistency has not been there. With Azzi, Caroline, and hopefully Saylor, that problem has been addressed. The thing I am most excited about is having good shooters coming off the bench. Don't try to squeeze all the best shooters in the starting line up, so now we can have a true second wave of offence whenever we have to sub.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yes, UConn needs speed at the guard position to succeed. Maria Colon was one of the speediest guards UConn ever had. Right? She must have been, seeing how UConn won with her at guard.

Reaction Score
Would like to see a higher release point on her shot. Same with Saylor.
They will adjust their shot, just like any talented shooter would do if there's a shot blocker in the way.

Reaction Score
If she can drain the 3 at this level, she's playing.
She can play defense and is unafraid to bang underneath. Combined with one of the best three point shots on the team, she playing.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Yes, UConn needs speed at the guard position to succeed. Maria Colon was one of the speediest guards UConn ever had. Right? She must have been, seeing how UConn won with her at guard.
Well, she may not have been fast, but she made for it with her lack of height.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While for some reason few comment on CD's coaching these days, I remember some of the same issues she helped Stewie with. Primarily an outside shooter on offense, by her 3rd year, Stewie could post up as well as anyone in county. DeBerry appears to be a smart player who wants to get better. She will be in a great position in that we will have other bigs and Geno will have flexibility when and where to use her.
If she has the IQ and vision to be a rebounder and rim protector she’ll play. Did I ever tell you how much I miss Kiah Stokes?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well, she may not have been fast, but she made for it with her lack of height.
Yes, you are as crazy as I am. This was my response to post #57. Speedy guards help but are not necessary to win NC. UConn has proven that.

Reaction Score
Excellent point. Brains can make up for a lot of speed. Determination can make up for a lot of speed. Put brains and determination together, well then you have something...

Reaction Score
Yes, you are as crazy as I am. This was my response to post #57. Speedy guards help but are not necessary to win NC. UConn has proven that.
I guess a speedy guard is not necessary to win a national championship unless you have a transcendent player like 2017 A’ja Wilson but other than that it appears most teams have a speedy guard that started and played a major roll in the teams wins.2012 Odyssey Sims Baylor AA, 2013-14-15-16 Bria Hartley and Mo Jeff. ,2017 Williams Miss. st. beat us 2018 Ogumbawalla ND beat us, 2019 Jacki Young ND beat us Chloe Jackson Baylor beat ND, 2021 McDonald AZ beat us and Kiana Williams challenged her all game.Going back in time to UConn’s earlier national championships I’m not sure about the guard play but I do know Maya Moore, Diana Tarasi,Sue Bird,Rebecca Lobo,Jen Rozzotti certainly were transcendent generational type players so hopefully Paige and Azzi can become those type of players and then we’re good.

Reaction Score
Ducharme is ranked 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th by the four major recruiting outlets.
The question to how great they be boils down to can they create shots on there own or do they need help. The best players have the athleticism to create there own shots. We will see.

Reaction Score
I think this class with Ducharme, Fudd, DeBarry, and Poffenbarger could one of Geno’s best classes ever. It would not surprise me to see three of them make AA. Just a hunch.
If we ONLY have two All Americans from this class, I will be satisfied. ?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Everybody benefited from Dianas tutelage on that team. This was a team of very good players, but not great players. Maria was a very pleasant surprise, coming out of nowhere to take over the point guard position. She didn't have to be fast, just smart. She was that, did a good job of ball handling, and was always there to knock down the critical 3 pointer.

Reaction Score
Saylor might not be a impact player, the rotation wasn’t set when she joined the team, yet she still couldn’t find any minute, I can’t see that getting any easier next season. Yes Ducharme was injured throughout her high school career, but she also jumped from a ranking of 41 to top 5 player in her class according to ESPN, Ducharme doesn’t just have skills, but she’s also a hard worker, she’s definitely going to find minutes on the court next year.

Isn’t Saylor coming back from hip surgery over the summer??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Isn’t Saylor coming back from hip surgery over the summer??
Last April she had a surgical repair of a torn labrum of the right hip. Two years before she had a torn labrum repair of the left hip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom