For those of you who remember The White Shadow | The Boneyard

For those of you who remember The White Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Some of the guys we have on the team now remind me of those guys.

Bazz = Hayward
Boat = Thorpe
Calhoun = Jackson
Daniels = Reese
Olander = Goldstein
Giffey = Salami

We just need a Coolidge, Gomez, and a Vetaglia.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Oh yeah this was a great show. I was about 10 or 11 years old when it was on. Had basketball practice and then came home and watched it.

Reaction Score
Great show...........Coolidge was a player as well as coach at one time in their lives..............

Reaction Score
Except for the kid who played Coolidge most were horrible basketball players. Great show, one of my favorites.

Reaction Score
Great show, inaccurate initial post. What are we going to do next? Compare the Kemba title team to Gabe Kaplan's Fast Break squad?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Great show, inaccurate initial post. What are we going to do next? Compare the Kemba title team to Gabe Kaplan's Fast Break squad?
That first post made me scratch my head, too, As for the show, my step father hated sports and even he watched it.

There's a network that shows vintage tv shows of the past. Occasionally The White Shadow is on.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
This is a repeat but it seems relevant: Ken Howard was the actor who played the coach...and he has had a fine career in a variety of entertainment venues.

Ken was a very good high school basketball player on Long Island and arrived at Amherst College with a bit of a rep for that ability. I saw him play many times....about 6'5"....pretty good handle and outside shot for a kid that size at that level of ball. He delved into more french pastry than was appropriate...oftentimes.
I seem to remember he annoyed the coach on a somewhat regular basis with shot selection etc. He was good though.

I doubt that the White Shadow would have been thrilled at the style of his play at times.

It was a great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32