For those claiming recruits dont think about social media interactions when deciding... | The Boneyard

For those claiming recruits dont think about social media interactions when deciding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This is in response to the plethora of people in the endless pit that is the Diamond Stone Recruiting thread saying that recruits retweets or interactions with fans/people on social media are meaningless and offer zero logical insight, take a quick look at this article about Tevin Mack who we missed out on to VCU.

Not saying this is a clear indicator or end-all of the complex world of high school basketball recruiting, but this indeed shows these things play a role.

Reaction Score
Well, the Maryland compliance office recently sent out a tweet asking their fans to remain hands off with recruits and potential recruits for fear of NCAA sanctions. Not sure how the NCAA, or anyone, can manage this. I mean, can I pose as a fan of another school and create potential violations?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Not saying its our fault, but simply pointing out that there is indeed a correlation.

Reaction Score
So basically what he's saying is that those minor recruiting violations played a role in him attending.... got it, I'm sure VCUs compliance office loves this interview.

Reaction Score
After reading what Mack said I'm glad we didn't get him. I know he's only 18 but basing the biggest decision on your life off of fan tweets shows a serious lack in judgement.

Reaction Score
After reading what Mack said I'm glad we didn't get him. I know he's only 18 but basing the biggest decision on your life off of fan tweets shows a serious lack in judgement.

I teach digital literacy/citizenship as part of my class and one thing I can tell you is that many adolescents/teens put more stock in what comes over their phone than what is said/done face to face.

Reaction Score
I assume his comment was in response to some sort of question about VCUs fans, where he's going to say positive things, because there is zero point to saying anything else. If you're asked if the passion of VCUs fan base on social media made a difference, and it didn't, why would you ever say that? It would just irritate the fans, and there is no harm in saying it did make a difference.

I'm like you. It's very hard to believe anyone would make a major life decision based upon something that insignificant.

Seems like a good kid though, so good luck to him either way.

Reaction Score
I'm a crazy fan. I photoshopped this image of Diamond Stone in UConn gear. Please come here.

diamond_rock_278x225.jpg
upload_2015-1-19_18-53-28.jpeg

pj

Reaction Score
I'm a crazy fan. I photoshopped this image of Diamond Stone in UConn gear. Please come here.

diamond_rock_278x225.jpg
View attachment 8180

Now can you put the UConn jersey on your Diamond Stone? He might hate you for putting up a photo of him naked.

Reaction Score
i don't want any kid that bases his college decision off fan tweets coming here.
THIS

Please, this board can really be insane at times. I guess at any moment Nolan will be quitting the team.

Reaction Score
This is in response to the plethora of people in the endless pit that is the Diamond Stone Recruiting thread saying that recruits retweets or interactions with fans/people on social media are meaningless and offer zero logical insight, take a quick look at this article about Tevin Mack who we missed out on to VCU.

Not saying this is a clear indicator or end-all of the complex world of high school basketball recruiting, but this indeed shows these things play a role.
Whatever. I will quit my job. Get rid of my girl and drop my dog off at my bro's house so I have as much time as VCU fans.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We should ask Nolan what he based his decision on, and then not do whatever that was.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We should ask Nolan what he based his decision on, and then not do whatever that was.

I can bet the VCU fan didn't tweet anything as caustic as that

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think some of you are drawing too much inference from a single quote.

He was impressed by their enthusiasm, he didn't say that he based his decision solely on their tweets as we're trying to infer.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The point here is NOT to tweet at recruits like everyone is jumping to make jokes about, but simply that in terms of Stone's current recruitment, his propensity to retweet and reply to UW and Maryland related posts noticeably more than UConn related posts seems to provide some, minuscule level of insight into where his head may be.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah UConn is in a position to only accept recruits who pick the school for the right reasons.

The reasons they pick a school matters more than what school they pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom