For the Twitteratti... | The Boneyard

For the Twitteratti...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Dhameer has been trying to get as many UConn fans as possible to follow him on twitter... Show him the love, Boneyard!

(cough...UConnDan97...cough)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dhameer has been trying to get as many UConn fans as possible to follow him on twitter... Show him the love, Boneyard!

(cough...UConnDan97...cough)

Alright, alright.....I'll start working on it right now... :)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Hey Mike, what's your handle? It turns out I need at least five friends to start this thing off, and I have no idea what anyone is called. I feel like I should establish myself before I go to the big leagues of adding future UConn players... ;)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Haha you are off to a good start. You'll see a lot of BYers on there. Take it all in for a few days and go from there! I'm @CTMike78

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Haha you are off to a good start. You'll see a lot of BYers on there. Take it all in for a few days and go from there! I'm @CTMike78

I'm scared, Mike! I'm really really scared.... :confused:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
How ya like me now?!?

(I haven't figured out what to say yet or how to say it, but pretty soon, Dhameer and Richard are gonna know what's up...)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
....and the first Tweet to Dhameer and Richard are sent. They are either a lock for signing now....or they are decommitting tomorrow morning (who is this crazy bas$#%d, UConnDan97????) :D

Reaction Score
They do love it. I laughed so hard when one guy tweeted to Lagow "I wish I had a D1 scholly so people I don't even know would suck my on twitter!". Lagow was a great sport and retweeted it. @jarhead_1775, btw. Do follow these kids. You don't need to interact with them but it's a status symbol for then and they do like it.

Reaction Score
Football players are 10 (to 20) times more likely to tweet something stupid which will harm their career than to do anything worthwhile with a twitter account.

My advice is to close the account.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Kinda not sure what to say there, Pal. Kids, and people in general, don't tend to subscribe to the "don't say anything at all because you might say something stupid" theory. They will share their thoughts with friends and peers no matter what... And I'm sure some will find out the hard way that sometimes words have consequences... Those are the lessons you learn in life. In the mean time I'm just one of a few who prefers to let them know that UConn fans are excited to support them.

Reaction Score
....and the first Tweet to Dhameer and Richard are sent. They are either a lock for signing now....or they are decommitting tomorrow morning (who is this crazy bas$#%d, UConnDan97????) :D

You are going to wake up 6 months from now wondering what in the duck happened to me.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Here was my twitter experience following UConn players/commits...

Being a middle aged white guy, I have to admit that following these kids on twitter was kinda creepy and definitely disappointing. I understand that they like having the followers, but it was just too painful to me to read some of their tweets.

Half of the tweets I didn't understand (similar to a late night HFD post on here) and the other half didn't exactly put these kids in a positive light.

I finally realized that it was a generational thing and I needed to stop following. I am glad some of you on here enjoy following them (because they seem to like to get followers), but it just isn't my thing.

Sucks getting old.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Football players are 10 (to 20) times more likely to tweet something stupid which will harm their career than to do anything worthwhile with a twitter account.

My advice is to close the account.

Physician, heal thyself.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Being a middle aged white guy, I have to admit that following these kids on twitter was kinda creepy and definitely disappointing. I understand that they like having the followers, but it was just too painful to me to read some of their tweets.

Half of the tweets I didn't understand (similar to a late night HFD post on here) and the other half didn't exactly put these kids in a positive light.

I finally realized that it was a generational thing and I needed to stop following. I am glad some of you on here enjoy following them (because they seem to like to get followers), but it just isn't my thing.

Sucks getting old.

I'm not on twitter, but it's my understanding that you can block tweets if they become a bit too real for you.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Sucks getting old.

Very fair observations. Better than just chalking it up to "don't use twitter".

I'm finding out that I'm going to have to use the "Mute" button on some folks, but that's the beauty- you can make of it what you choose.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You are going to wake up 6 months from now wondering what in the duck happened to me.

6 months??? How about 6 hours... ;) I still don't know what half the functions are, or why people invented the #___ tool (for searchability?), but I'm going to have fun with it for a little while...

Reaction Score
Honestly, I love giving shout outs to prospective recruits, etc., but actually following them? I dunno. I end up with a Twitter feed that's full of a LOT of stuff I am generally not interested in and whatnot. I'm sorry I'm a terrible fan.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Actually...Twitter is good in general. Watching the football games over the weekend and reading tweets from people like Bill Simmons and Mike Greenberg during the games was somewhat entertaining.

I enjoy Twitter...I just generally don't enjoy reading athlete's tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom