For the Boneyard lurkers... | The Boneyard

For the Boneyard lurkers...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
D5716526-1460-4A23-8486-961FDCDAD9DC.jpeg

Reaction Score
I've been a lurker from Day One of the Boneyard. I enjoy it immensely. I'm a UCONN grad, former HS basketball player, current basketball coach (5th grade,) elementary school teacher, and HUGE fan of both the men and women's teams. Why don't I post? Honestly, I guess it comes down to trust. When I watch a game with my friends, family, team, or my dog, I KNOW that they trust my love/respect for Geno, Hurley, the players and the game. But I yell, I get frustrated with lazy play, I criticize at times, and I can't do that on a blog, in print. I'm too old to carefully choose each word so as not to offend anyone and I'm way too old to only lavish praise. So I will continue to read the entertaining and sometimes inane posts and enjoy my Huskies in my protected circle. But thanks for asking. I really appreciate the question. And I'm interested in hearing from other lurkers.

Reaction Score
Long time lurker and feel most of the points I might make have been made. BY has intelligent posters and see no reason to repackage comments that have been clearly posted. During the game I get wound up and never feel my thoughts are collected enough to write legibly! Enjoying this season immensely and feel coach has done a stellar job with what he has considering what was lost. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Long time lurker and feel most of the points I might make have been made. BY has intelligent posters and see no reason to repackage comments that have been clearly posted. During the game I get wound up and never feel my thoughts are collected enough to write legibly! Enjoying this season immensely and feel coach has done a stellar job with what he has considering what was lost. Go Huskies!
Wait! What! I'm supposed to be writing legibly? Why didn't somebody say something? :confused:

Reaction Score
I am that I am. (Should that have been in quotes?) Did graduate studies at Uconn; spent time elsewhere in more (in)famous schools, but I never mustered the desire to follow others, as I do Uconn. Probably would not recognize the Storr campus, today.
So, remember this; you can always kill me, but you can't sacrifice me.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If you want to post during games and yell at missed shots or whatever, go to the Chat Room (link at the top of the board). The chat doesn’t appear on the main page and the chat disappears several days later.

Having nothing new to add is a reason I hear that many don’t post. It’s ok - you’re just chiming in. Who knows? After you get used to adding your voice, you might find you have more to say.

Reaction Score
When I first started posting years ago (under another name), [there was] an aura on the BY that sent me into lurker mode (with my current name) with little posting, but staying logged in so I could enjoy my favorite insightful and thoughtful posters like Diggerfoot, Nan, UCMiami, Java, and the witty humor of JS.

Then about 1.5 years ago what seemed like a lot of REALLY unreasonable expectations and harsh comments by some posters towards 18-21 year-old kids; disrespect towards fellow posters; and BY status seeking led me to feel the BY was (for me) more draining than energizing, and I didn't like myself getting drawn into that. I still love the team and games live and on TV, and I am so excited about next years recruits. I now check into the BY to learn info since it's a great source, but I tend to not let myself get wrapped up in threads now.

OK, that's my story, I'm going back to lurking....

Last edited by a moderator:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I lurked for a couple of years before I finally joined and became active. I became a casual UConn basketball fan when I started my first master's there in 2010, but have really begun following WBB as a whole (NCAA and WNBA) in the last two or three years.

The BY can be an intimidating place -- especially for someone who has started following the sport relatively recently. There are a lot of things I write, then delete before I actually post them because I think of all the ways someone who has been watching since before I was born will tell me that I'm wrong.

All in all, however, I'm happy to be out of the shadows.

Reaction Score
I've been a lurker from Day One of the Boneyard. I enjoy it immensely. I'm a UCONN grad, former HS basketball player, current basketball coach (5th grade,) elementary school teacher, and HUGE fan of both the men and women's teams. Why don't I post? Honestly, I guess it comes down to trust. When I watch a game with my friends, family, team, or my dog, I KNOW that they trust my love/respect for Geno, Hurley, the players and the game. But I yell, I get frustrated with lazy play, I criticize at times, and I can't do that on a blog, in print. I'm too old to carefully choose each word so as not to offend anyone and I'm way too old to only lavish praise. So I will continue to read the entertaining and sometimes inane posts and enjoy my Huskies in my protected circle. But thanks for asking. I really appreciate the question. And I'm interested in hearing from other lurkers.
You sound like 89 percent of the long time BY posters. Screaming at the TV is the SIGN---you' have contracted the disease of "I'm a coach". You are in good company on the BY.
Remember there are two approaches (or more) that you can use to IGNORE or not respond. Remember you are half of the battle if you respond. So choose the IGNORE button or don't respond to ALERTS and you'll be a very happy BY poster.[

Last edited:
Reaction Score
[ ] Some people have little to do but read EVERY posting and some actually do work. In the last 2 years the civility of the BY has improved by many many levels.
Everyone, once in a while, gets a bit hot under the collar that is normal it is when it's a constant and expected from some posters. Ignore, don't read their Alerts/comments/digs and life gets sooo pleasant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

About the 4th sentence beginning: I'm too old---to only lavish praise. Each word need not be "loving". But neither does every word need to be a-- hole words of negativity--These, for the most part, are legally ADULT women but on the critique side, like me they may respond in the child mode, it does little good to damn them. But Truth is the Truth. Geno just said Molly was too fast and Ania was Stubborn. That stopped me in my tracks-I thought Molly lacked confidence and speed. Ania I thought cooperative. Go Figure:::

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is there still a link to my lurkers' day ode? The names are outdated but the sentiment remains true.

Reaction Score
I've been a lurker for many years as I use this site as the primary source of UConn WBB news. I was born in New Britain Hospital and lived in CT for the first 8 years of my life. Moved to CO then settled in NH. Loved the Whale and have followed UConn basketball since the 80s.

I thoroughly enjoy the insight so many of you bring to the boneyard. Whether it's the grammar police or random music-based youtube threads or even Charlie bickering with others about recruits....it's gold, Jerry. Gold!

Reaction Score
I've been a lurker for a long time, but only finally made an account a couple years ago so I could finally "like" posts. Been a huge fan of UConn WBB since they won it all in '95 when I was 7 years old, and I enjoy watching and cheering on all UConn sports. Lobo is my all-time favorite player and I've been lucky to be able to meet her a couple times.

The Boneyard is my #1 source for everything UConn and for college sports in general. Lots of passionate and knowledgeable posters on here. I don't feel the need much to chime in, but I very much enjoy reading all the posts. It especially helps pass the time at work! ;)

Though I'm a CT native, I now live in Syracuse. I frequently have strangers start up a conversation with me about Stewie when they see my UConn gear; they really do love her up here! When I have time, I go watch the Syracuse WBB home games against ranked opponents -- the passionate and dedicated fans coming to those games always makes it a very fun experience. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom