For Red Sox fans | The Boneyard

For Red Sox fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Sox elected Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez and Nomar Garciaparra to their Hall of Fame yesterday. I'm OK with all three. They may have had tainted pasts but they performed for us. The entertainment value for me was at a very high level. Sure they probably cheated but shame on MLB, the players union and the owners for not enforcing the rules.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Sox elected Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez and Nomar Garciaparra to their Hall of Fame yesterday. I'm OK with all three. They may have had tainted pasts but they performed for us. The entertainment value for me was at a very high level. Sure they probably cheated but shame on MLB, the players union and the owners for not enforcing the rules.
Wasn't aware that Petey was ever implicated.

Reaction Score
Nope I ain't got nothing on Pedro other than Manny and Papi……lol….DR etc…….but he didn't look the part could be just a great pitcher……….

They all do deserve the Sox HOF

Reaction Score
Nomar_-_SI_Cover.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Even Clemens was clearly a Red Sox HOFer. Any suggestion of PEDs came well after he changed uniforms. Nomar is only speculation as well.

Reaction Score
Even Clemens was clearly a Red Sox HOFer. Any suggestion of PEDs came well after he changed uniforms. Nomar is only speculation as well.

Please….the "well after he changed uniforms" is hilarious, probably true on this one but a Sox fan trying to clear anyone is laughable hawk………and Deep has the speculation cleared above, no brainer here. Then again I forgot Papi is only speculation too!:oops:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Please….the "well after he changed uniforms" is hilarious, probably true on this one but a Sox fan trying to clear anyone is laughable hawk………and Deep has the speculation cleared above, no brainer here. Then again I forgot Papi is only speculation too!:oops:

Papi keeps passing tests. So is the idea to pan every good player now? It's out of control. I guess DiMaggio was probably juiced too, and Willie Mays. Bagwell? He's small and hit lots of HRs in the steroid era, must have been juiced? Really it doesn't matter. Steriods don't make you big unless you lift your ass off. You still need to put in the work and and have the talent. It affects every team, and every sport. Do they test Lebron?

Reaction Score
Papi keeps passing tests. So is the idea to pan every good player now? It's out of control. I guess DiMaggio was probably juiced too, and Willie Mays. Bagwell? He's small and hit lots of HRs in the steroid era, must have been juiced? Really it doesn't matter. Steriods don't make you big unless you lift your ass off. You still need to put in the work and and have the talent. It affects every team, and every sport. Do they test Lebron?
you clearly haven't read Mau's baseball posts before

Reaction Score
Wasn't aware that Petey was ever implicated.
on WEEI this morning they read comments from Pedro who blasted Roger for taking steroids. should be an interesting night of them being on the same stage at once.

Reaction Score
If you think any of the Core Four was clean you're insane. Your addicted to steroid talk the way Hoffman was addicted to Heroin

Reaction Score
Regarding the actual class, I was upset they are honoring Roger on the same night as Pedro but I think they're trying to scoot him in at a time he won't be the headliner.
It will be interesting if there are any boos at the ceremony

Husky25

Reaction Score
on WEEI this morning they read comments from Pedro who blasted Roger for taking steroids. should be an interesting night of them being on the same stage at once.
I heard that. Buckley had a funny comment that they probably would go out bowling together after the ceremony. I also found his comment about Marty Barrett and Joe Mooney interesting regarding the Red Sox [Club] of Fame. I loved Marty Barrett, but doesn't deserve to be in any Hall of fame outside Aracadia California. It's basically their to pump their brand...The Yankees retire your number, the Red Sox induct you into the [Club].

Reaction Score
:)
Nope I ain't got nothing on Pedro other than Manny and Papi……lol….DR etc…….but he didn't look the part could be just a great pitcher……….

They all do deserve the Sox HOF
A good Sox player and you don't think he juiced. I'm shocked.:)

Husky25

Reaction Score
He hasn't been "implicated" but there has been speculation around him. Not much though.
Mau doesn't count. ;)

According to him, everyone who has touched the Red Sox 40 man roster over the last 13 years has been speculated about.

Reaction Score
Baseball Hall of Fame, Red Sox Hall of Fame what's next, an infielder's museum of excellence? Its all just a silly PR exercise to sell merchandise. I don't think we need to argue about who used PED's in order to gain admittance into a made up museum.

I'm starting a Narrow Hallway of Super Duper Fame to be comprised ONLY of Hall of Famers from all of the Halls of Fame. Rockn'Roll, football, baseball I'm only taking the best of the best. Except I'm accepting obvious Hall of Famers that weren't admitted to their respective discipline's halls of fames because of silly arbitrary rules that people take way to seriously about a process that only has meaning unto itself.

So..congratulations to my first class of Narrow Hallway of Super Duper Fame inductees:
Pete Rose
Shoeless Joe Jackson (someone look up his real name please)
and
Barry Bonds.

You might think I'm inducting these people into my NHOSDF just to get publicity. Well...you are right! *

*Congrats, you get $10 off the $45 admission price and are eligible for a limited edition NHOSDF bumper sticker!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Baseball Hall of Fame, Red Sox Hall of Fame what's next, an infielder's museum of excellence? Its all just a silly PR exercise to sell merchandise. I don't think we need to argue about who used PED's in order to gain admittance into a made up museum.

I don't think anyone is arguing that it is not a PR exercise. Not sure how it promotes merchandise sales, though. I think the #17 Red Sox replica game jersey is still in relative low demand. It's a way to promote the Red Sox brand. My buddy (a regular lurker here) went to Old Timers day at Yankee Stadium last year. After being pretty excited about getting tickets, he said he's never been so bored in a baseball stadium. I don't understand that. I mean any time you get to watch Pat Kelly, Todd Greene and Scott Kamieniecki 15-20 years after their supposed prime, you just have take that opportunity, right?

Most football teams have a Ring of Honor. No one is suggesting that all of those players honored by their own team should be in the Sport's HoF.

Reaction Score
I deleted all my posts about the Red Sox fans who are so passionate about their team because i was all pissed off at the Huskies loss and my emotions were running high!!

Plus I don't count anyway so why reply, right 25;)

Husky25

Reaction Score
Wow you were sensitive last night. FWIW, the game drove me to have few pops last night. One shouldn't drink and post...;)

I think you know that I only meant your "playful" accusations about and discount of all things Red Sox.
I deleted all my posts about the Red Sox fans who are so passionate about their team because i was all pissed off at the Huskies loss and my emotions were running high!!

Plus I don't count anyway so why reply, right 25;)

Reaction Score
Wow you were sensitive last night. FWIW, the game drove me to have few pops last night. One shouldn't drink and post...;)

I think you know that I only meant your "playful" accusations about and discount of all things Red Sox.

i didn't actually even notice the "wink" last night i was pissed and also had a few in me (by the way the NEW Bobby V's in Windsor Locks is sweet….17'10" LED and much more - indoor golf and party rooms) so you were the enemy as was Vike…….one of those games that hurt, thinking 18-4 and sitting pretty and had the game in our clutches……some hurt more then others so I was very passionate on my post………

By the way is your friend a Sox fan? of course he was bored……only Yankee fans can enjoy old timers day……and even then…….:rolleyes:

Husky25

Reaction Score
No, he's a dye in the wool Yankee fan. We were roommates after college. I used to put the YES Network on parent lock.:p

i didn't actually even notice the "wink" last night i was pissed and also had a few in me (by the way the NEW Bobby V's in Windsor Locks is sweet….17'10" LED and much more - indoor golf and party rooms) so you were the enemy as was Vike…….one of those games that hurt, thinking 18-4 and sitting pretty and had the game in our clutches……some hurt more then others so I was very passionate on my post………
By the way is your friend a Sox fan? of course he was bored……only Yankee fans can enjoy old timers day……and even then…….:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is arguing that it is not a PR exercise. Not sure how it promotes merchandise sales, though. I think the #17 Red Sox replica game jersey is still in relative low demand. It's a way to promote the Red Sox brand. My buddy (a regular lurker here) went to Old Timers day at Yankee Stadium last year. After being pretty excited about getting tickets, he said he's never been so bored in a baseball stadium. I don't understand that. I mean any time you get to watch Pat Kelly, Todd Greene and Scott Kamieniecki 15-20 years after their supposed prime, you just have take that opportunity, right?

Most football teams have a Ring of Honor. No one is suggesting that all of those players honored by their own team should be in the Sport's HoF.
Just a rant that turned wrong after the first paragraph. By merchandise I meant any and everything Red Sox related.

I'm just so sick of the HOF debate and steroid angle to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom