For all those who say PP has to go, who would be his replacement? | The Boneyard

For all those who say PP has to go, who would be his replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fully agree that we need to find a younger, more creative offensive coordinator who can bring some excitement back to Uconn football and think GDL will be fired but seriously, who is going to replace PP if he is fired.....

1) Coach from a lower division one school
2) Coach who has been successful at an upper level D-II school
3) Skip Holtz
4) Tom O'Brien
5) ?

I don't have the answer but think about the uncertainty with our program. What coach would be willing to come here given the question marks about where we will be in one year, two years.....? If you are Ward Manuel, where to you go for a coach to replace PP and how do you sell them on our team given the uncertainty? Think about it, there is no easy answer.

Reaction Score
D. Brown, knows the players and I'm sure he has their respect

Reaction Score
Up and coming MAC or FCS head coach or a bigtime FBS coordinator. Needs to be someone that will fire up the fan base and recruits. Don't see it in either OBrien or Skippy.

Reaction Score
D. Brown, knows the players and I'm sure they have his respect

That would be my fallback position. Not sure how strong a recruiter and communicator he is. Those two qualities are essential right now.

Reaction Score
This topic was hashed over a couple/few weeks ago (I'm too lazy to look for the thread and link it). There were many realistic names listed who would be better equipped and interested in this job.

Some current MAC head coaches, BCS level Coordinators, a couple NFL Assistants, Don Brown - our very own DC - and ket him bring in his own people to run the O, and some posters mentioned 2 specific FCS coaches (Old Dominion and Stony Brook - I don't remember their names). Any and all mentioned, IMO, are upgrades and should happen NOW. As Skiblets mentioned, Kingsbury would be great.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have put out over 10 names in the past that would be good. a few of those will have jobs by next week i bet...the bY has like 100 different names and 80 of them i'll take 2moro over p and d

Reaction Score
D Brown is not the answer. That "awesome" d gave up 34 yesterday

Reaction Score
Josh Mcdaniels??? really??? We already saw what he can do as a head coach in Denver. Please, He doesn't know the first thing about the college game, recruiting or the NCAA rule book.

I think the biggest issue for UCONN is finding a coach who will want the job. We are in a crap conference that is a diaster!!! Why would any MAC coach want to come here? First we need to get out of this conference, then wory about the next coach.

Reaction Score
Josh Mcdaniels??? really??? We already saw what he can do as a head coach in Denver. Please, He doesn't know the first thing about the college game, recruiting or the NCAA rule book.

I think the biggest issue for UCONN is finding a coach who will want the job. We are in a crap conference that is a diaster!!! Why would any MAC coach want to come here? First we need to get out of this conference, then wory about the next coach.
You probably said those same things about Bill O'Brien didn't you?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've reached the point where I would settle for this guy:

winkler_display_image.jpg

Reaction Score
D Brown is not the answer. That "awesome" d gave up 34 yesterday

He definitely should be judged by one game. His success as a head coach and as a D-Coordinator mean absolutely nothing.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That all depends on whether or not Warde and UConn are willing/able to pay what is on scale with other good programs. If we can up the head coach to $2.5M and pay our assistants quite a bit more, we might be able to lure a decent coach.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I know this is pie in the sky, but Butch Davis would be one hell of a hire.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I know this is pie in the sky, but Butch Davis would be one hell of a hire.

NO. Not to mention, Herbst would NEVER allow it with her focus on academics and getting into the AAU. Hiring him would set back academics 50 years and put us on probation for another 50. This guy is a cheat.

Reaction Score
1a. Gus Malzahn-->Give this guy a blank check
***1b. Kirby Smart, DC Alabama-->Top pick in my opinion
3. Mark Helfrich, OC Oregon
4. James Coley, OC Florida State
5. Matt Campbell, HC Toledo
6. Todd Grantham, DC Georgia
7. Ken Niumatalolo, HC Navy
8. David Cutcliffe, HC Duke
9. Gene Chizik, Unemployed
10. Kirk Ferentz, If fired from Iowa
11. Todd Grantham, DC Georgia

This is my list, for starters

Reaction Score
1a. Gus Malzahn-->Give this guy a blank check
***1b. Kirby Smart, DC Alabama-->Top pick in my opinion
3. Mark Helfrich, OC Oregon
4. James Coley, OC Florida State
5. Matt Campbell, HC Toledo
6. Todd Grantham, DC Georgia
7. Ken Niumatalolo, HC Navy
8. David Cutcliffe, HC Duke
9. Gene Chizik, Unemployed
10. Kirk Ferentz, If fired from Iowa
11. Todd Grantham, DC Georgia

This is my list, for starters

Not getting Cutcliffe - rebuffed TN and just got a huge extension.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/duken...tcliffe-signs-contract-extension-through-2019

Chizik has some NCAA issues to contend with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom