For all the Dom Amore haters... | The Boneyard

For all the Dom Amore haters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. Offseason was brutal but dom has been bustin' his tail lately

Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone could "hate" the guy. He does his best with his hands tied and probably with not enough basketball background. It's not like just he has been short of expectations on covering the men's basketball this year. I remember before the internet days as a traveling sales guy and having all the papers in my car as i traveled to different areas of the state in the 80's ..........during the season and even pre-season it was tough not to find a story covering the team on a given day from either the Hartford Courant, New Haven Register, Journal Inquirer, Danbury Times, Waterbury Republican or even the Meriden record Journal......always one somewhere. It's just not the same any more for any of them!

This should be a real good read!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He only needed the Boneyard to get his act in gear.:cool:

Reaction Score
he did something similar on Bazz before last season that was a pretty good read, looking forward to this one.

Reaction Score
Does anyone "hate" him? The general off season coverage for a national championship team has been a little light but I haven't noticed hate.

Jeff Jacobs on the hand......

Reaction Score
The Courant needs to give me a better phone so his pictures don't look so bad.

Reaction Score
I don't think there's any hatred, he doesn't write unfavorable things about the program or have clear malice towards anyone the way Jacobs does. He seems like a good guy who is just lazy and sloppy at times in my opinion. Any given story can five or more typos or autocorrects that neither he nor his editors even bother to proofread apparently. We usually know what he means but being the main writer for a storied program, he should be more polished.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't hate him, but when you're out worked and out produced by a high school kid who does it for free ( @3uconn ) it makes me scratch my head.

Also, not that it affects the content, but come on, spell check an article for once.

You work for the biggest paper in the state, covering the national champions. Don't embarrass yourself.

Reaction Score
OK, so he is writing an article about Boat, his family, and his background. Isn't that his job, to cover the team and its players? I don't care about the typos, I just wish he showed a little more passion for his job on a regular basis. If my job was to cover this team, I would be ecstatic. He seems like he would rather cover baseball or some other sport. This team and its fans deserve someone who has ten toes in. I am in the thoroughly unimpressed camp.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone hates Dom it's just the fact that he doesn't proof read his work and makes sloppy mistakes in 100% of his articles.

Reaction Score
I rarely see typos in print stories. But, that's not his fault if there are any. That's the job of the editor to check that. On the other hand, there are a lot of typos in blog posts; and I don't care about that. Blogs are blogs. Typos happen.

pj

Reaction Score
Dom has great, soft hands. He can really grip the keyboard well. When he does produce, he usually does so in great fashion. At least that's my opinion.

He's really good with putbacks after misses, and rarely fails to get the points when he's given a nice feed next to the computer.

Reaction Score
3 days researching an article, wow

lets hope he spends 1/10 that time proofreading what he writes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom