Football Renewals Begin Wednesday... | The Boneyard

Football Renewals Begin Wednesday...

Reaction Score
Interested to see what their pitch is going to be... first time in 19 years that I’m seriously contemplating just going game to game (but still going).

1549330890677.png

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I will buy - not easy to say that this evening while we wait for some sort of good news on 2/6.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I just can’t justify it. AD David Benedict’s comments on fans last year got me fed up. I’ll buy my tickets for $5 or less from scalpers or on stub hub.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Got the teaser email today telling me to check my email Wednesday. Maybe they’ll tie it in with naming the new nerdy prez you all are excited about.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Surprised with all the expert posters with suppised tie ins with the AD and the school nothing has leaked out.

Reaction Score
I'll go to the games next year, but still on the fence about renewing or going secondary market.

Reaction Score
I'll wait til Top of the Rent go one sale. It's pretty much all I'll be able to afford, unless some miracle happens between now and say summer and some engineering job actually falls in my lap. And being honest, I love it up there. Good perspective of the entire field and you can have a nice back rest as well

Reaction Score
if there's not a substantial discount (ie. if it remains business as usual) we're out.

Reaction Score
If they don't lower prices and give more incentive to buy season tickets than we're out too.

Reaction Score
They got rid of that jackass on D, so I’m back in for another year of self inflicted misery. Why? I don’t even know. I’m still living in the delusion of the early days long gone when we had something special going on. Damn, those were good times.

Reaction Score
I'm all in (shocker, i know)! After the articles about dropping attendance, and with people calling for a move to FCS or to drop football completely; I'm done hoping the marketing staff and athletic department make changes to boost attendance. I'm going to do whatever I can to get attendance up. If that means buying more tickets myself and bringing friends for free, then that's what I'm going to do. This program means too much to me to just see it slowly fade away.

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." -Michael Jordan

Reaction Score
I'm in. I still find it a relatively inexpensive form of entertainment. And honestly I don't care if anyone else buys them or not - I mostly care about butts in seats - so if you can get in for $5 more power to you. I've always felt that if you are a) a football fan and b) an alum and c) can afford to do so that this 1-A upgrade was going to take a long time and that we should support it. Everyone has their own circumstances and clearly we have made a lot of mistakes, but they are trying to put something together here and aren't overtly trying to screw anyone over in the process.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'll wait til Top of the Rent go one sale. It's pretty much all I'll be able to afford, unless some miracle happens between now and say summer and some engineering job actually falls in my lap. And being honest, I love it up there. Good perspective of the entire field and you can have a nice back rest as well
You are so right about the benefits of the Top of the Rent seats. The view of the game is great, and the view of Hartford, particularly when the sun is going down, is also cool.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'm all in (shocker, i know)! After the articles about dropping attendance, and with people calling for a move to FCS or to drop football completely; I'm done hoping the marketing staff and athletic department make changes to boost attendance. I'm going to do whatever I can to get attendance up. If that means buying more tickets myself and bringing friends for free, then that's what I'm going to do. This program means too much to me to just see it slowly fade away.

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." -Michael Jordan
I love this guy! Yes!!!!

Reaction Score

Imagine if fans all thought this way and decided to stand up for the program? Larger crowds mean more competitive play for our team and tougher to execute for the opposing team. It also means better optics for recruits. So interesting to hear some people say we suck in recruiting and in the same breath say they’re not coming to games anymore. I totally get the frustration but not showing up to games creates a self fulfilling prophecy. Empty stadium helps create lackluster efforts (when the players run out and hear crickets) and recruits saying no way in hell am I playing here. All of this leads to a losing culture. I for one believe the kids on the team now, no matter how good or not so good we think they are, deserve our support. Running out of that tunnel and seeing 40k screaming fans would definitely boost morale and help light a fire under these boys. Effort would increase, hits would be harder and playing all four quarters would be the norm.
Just my opinion

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Imagine if fans all thought this way and decided to stand up for the program? Larger crowds mean more competitive play for our team and tougher to execute for the opposing team. It also means better optics for recruits. So interesting to hear some people say we suck in recruiting and in the same breath say they’re not coming to games anymore. I totally get the frustration but not showing up to games creates a self fulfilling prophecy. Empty stadium helps create lackluster efforts (when the players run out and hear crickets) and recruits saying no way in hell am I playing here. All of this leads to a losing culture. I for one believe the kids on the team now, no matter how good or not so good we think they are, deserve our support. Running out of that tunnel and seeing 40k screaming fans would definitely boost morale and help light a fire under these boys. Effort would increase, hits would be harder and playing all four quarters would be the norm.
Just my opinion

plenty of people have done stuff like this forever.

i used to have 5 extra season tickets I just gave away to people.

you can’t give them away anymore.

the fans can’t fix this mess. either win or don’t win but everyone can stop blaming the fans.

down 57-7 with a quarter to debut a new quarterback Uconn ran the clock out throwing 3 short passes. god forbid they try to score or give anyone a glimpse at a player who might be good someday.

turtle ball isn’t a big draw.

Reaction Score

the fans can’t fix this mess. either win or don’t win but everyone can stop blaming the fans.

down 57-7 with a quarter to debut a new quarterback Uconn ran the clock out throwing 3 short passes. god forbid they try to score or give anyone a glimpse at a player who might be good someday.

exactly - the tickets are now valueless. There is no secondary market and I cannot recoup the cost for games I can't make nor even give the things away. I will still be attending games, but not sure about this whole season ticket venture anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Not blaming the fans at all. Only saying that the fans can certainly help. If you don’t think crowd noise affects the game (home and away team) then we’ll just have to respectfully disagree on that one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not blaming the fans at all. Only saying that the fans can certainly help. If you don’t think crowd noise affects the game (home and away team) then we’ll just have to respectfully disagree on that one.

of course crowds can impact games.

there will not be a crowd until there is something to come and make noise for.

this is not a chicken and egg situation. this is very much a nobody is coming until its fixed situation.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
To be clear, I'll be there this coming year with my son the same way that we've always been there.

The question is whether or not I do it as a season ticket holder. It's clear that there are much cheaper options with which to get tickets. The AD has to figure this out at some point and then "fix the glitch"...

Reaction Score
of course crowds can impact games.

there will not be a crowd until there is something to come and make noise for.

this is not a chicken and egg situation. this is very much a nobody is coming until its fixed situation.
Well, someone has to make the sacrifice I suppose. The team, I’m sure, is working out very hard right now preparing for the season.
You and the other 9k that show up have somehow figured out how to come to games despite having nothing to cheer for. My point is if 31k others understood and conducted themselves like you, we would be more competitive in games. If you can do it then why not the next man/woman?
Of course it’s personal/financial choice here but the rebuild could certainly happen a lot quicker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom