OT: - Football has a new coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Football has a new coach

Reaction Score
Stop poisoning the well ! Our fan base is at times a horrid subset of the greater New England skepticism disease. We start with the worst scenario of why things are terrible. We have been living with terrible for years in our football program. How about we juice up the positive. Maybe coaches and then in turn players will buy in. Ask what the impact of Hurley has been in turning around the program. Try enjoying the experiences instead of criticizing at every turn !

But what fun would that be? ;)

Reaction Score
Pretty much my exact thoughts. This is a terrible choice. He’s been out of coaching for four years. If he had upside, another school would have picked him up in that time. I would have preferred that they take a chance on someone young and hungry.
Like Bob Diaco right.

Reaction Score
He did make an on-court appearance during the Arkansas game, gave a quick hello, glad to be here, kudos to women's program, implored fans, especially students, to come to last home game. He then walked straight to the tunnel and disappeared. Did not see him in the stands, anyone else see him there?

Reaction Score
Does Connecticut need a D-1 football team? Georgetown does without, as do other excellent teams. Do we really need to take money from financially hard-pressed students to make up the losses piled up by a chronically losing football team? We didn't have a D-1 team for a very long time. I think we can do without.

Reaction Score
Like Bob Diaco right.
I said ‘young and hungry’, not ‘crazy’. ;););););) I was more thinking along the lines of an assistant that shows promise, like Geno Auriemma was when hired. He’s worked out pretty well.

Reaction Score
I like this hire for the football team. Like someone stated, this brings the program some instant credibility. Naturally it is going to take a minute for him to get the program playing at the high clip. I wish him the best because I like the UConn football program and if he can get the program playing decent games, just helps the overall UConn athletic department.

Reaction Score
Does Connecticut need a D-1 football team? Georgetown does without, as do other excellent teams. Do we really need to take money from financially hard-pressed students to make up the losses piled up by a chronically losing football team? We didn't have a D-1 team for a very long time. I think we can do without.

We're a basketball school like Duke or UNC. They have football teams too but they're usually mediocre at best. I don't see the reasoning behind trying to turn UConn's football team into a power house like Michigan's for example and I never did. Unless it is about $$$....I can always understand greed.

Don't get me wrong I want see all of UConn's teams do well but at some point you have to cut your losses from a financial standpoint. UConn has spent millions of dollars with very little to show for it.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
We're a basketball school like Duke or UNC. They have football teams too but they're usually mediocre at best. I don't see the reasoning behind trying to turn UConn's football team into a power house like Michigan's for example and I never did. Unless it is about $$$....I can always understand greed.

Don't get me wrong I want see all of UConn's teams do well but at some point you have to cut your losses from a financial standpoint. UConn has spent millions of dollars with very little to show for it.
Both Duke and UNC made high profile hires to lead their football programs (Duke's Cutcliffe probably better known in football than public circles, Mack Brown known to all) They have enjoyed modest successes, including occasional appearances in the top 25.

The chance of turning UConn (or any NE based school) into the powerhouses of the mid-west is a pipe dream. Part of what makes them powerhouses is the enormous support of alum and other fans, which just isn't part of the NE mentality, especially with its plethora of professional teams.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
He did make an on-court appearance during the Arkansas game, gave a quick hello, glad to be here, kudos to women's program, implored fans, especially students, to come to last home game. He then walked straight to the tunnel and disappeared. Did not see him in the stands, anyone else see him there?
He was shown during the game sitting in the stands taking pictures with Johnathan by the media team. Also I believe that there was a photo of him with Paige after the game.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
He was shown during the game sitting in the stands taking pictures with Johnathan by the media team. Also I believe that there was a photo of him with Paige after the game.
pbjm.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Mora is at the UConn-LIU men’s game tonight, inviting fans to the football game and making himself known. He’s doing what needs to be done

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom