Football Attendance - UCONN hired Bob Diaco at the right time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Football Attendance - UCONN hired Bob Diaco at the right time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yes, but as soon as Diaco loses one game, you'll have some questioning WM's decision. The chicken little faction is a very vocal group.

2-3 losses and we could just take all the PP threads and change the initials to BD, and change 'old' to 'inexperienced'.

Be prepared... It's coming.
7-5 or 6-6 would be a realistic first season for BD.

I don't think anyone is going to jump down BD's throat after a couple losses. I feel as long as improvement is seen on the field that most fans will be ok.

To further your point about 7-5 or 6-6 season: Louisville was 4-8 in 2009 under their terrible head coach Kragthorpe. Charlie Stong was hired after the season and brought the team to 6-6 the next year which most people thought was a resounding success with Kragthorpe's recruits. So the way I see it is if BD can do something similar to what Strong did his first season, it can only be looked at as a successful first season.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is going to jump down BD's throat after a couple losses. I feel as long as improvement is seen on the field that most fans will be ok.

To further your point about 7-5 or 6-6 season: Louisville was 4-8 in 2009 under their terrible head coach Kragthorpe. Charlie Stong was hired after the season and brought the team to 6-6 the next year which most people thought was a resounding success with Kragthorpe's recruits. So the way I see it is if BD can do something similar to what Strong did his first season, it can only be looked at as a successful first season.
Agree

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
DoctorWho85 said:

I'd like to be at least 3-1 OOC. 2-2, while not a disaster, would be disappointing. Losing to anyone other than BYU and Boise would be a disaster.

4-0 would be the biggest program boost since Nuzie split the uprights in Tampa.

I expect a minimum 4 wins in conference. Remember the schedule is weak. (In spite of not having RU on it)

Reaction Score
I'd like to be at least 3-1 OOC. 2-2, while not a disaster, would be disappointing. Losing to anyone other than BYU and Boise would be a disaster.

4-0 would be the biggest program boost since Nuzie split the uprights in Tampa.

I expect a minimum 4 wins in conference. Remember the schedule is weak. (In spite of not having RU on it)

I agree. All of that is fairly reasonable and obtainable this year even with a new coaching staff in place. BD seems like a motivator and he'll have this team pumped and ready for every game. To me I'll be slightyly disappointed with anything less than 7-5.

Edit: Don't take my low expectations as me setting the bar low. Every season I root for 13-0 and a national championship (even though realistically I know it isn't going to happen unless I'm playing NCAA on my PS3), just to me, getting to a bowl game is going to be the measure of success of this season.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
I don't remember that one. Was that one bigger than Teggart's down there?

I drank nearly an entire bottle of Glenmorangie in the parking lot down there and I know it was Teggart.

Reaction Score
Too many times last year we looked like the bad news bears. No run game, either no passing or bad descisions that put us in the hole quickly. Add to that players that hung their heads after mistakes and stopped persuing on d, or couldn't hold a block on O and you have the mess of last year. TJ did an amazing job building up the confidence of a team that was on track for a winless season.

We have good raw material. I like that guys are pushing themselves to new levels in training right now. It is what BD talked about day one, instilling a winning attitude in everything the team does.

I can't predict wins and losses for next year, because this will be a very different team from the last few. I hope and expect that they will play every down at 100% until the whistle blows. I am sure there will be mistakes and losses, but I think the brand and energy will change.

A big early win, like KO's win over MichSt last year would be a great way to set the tone for the season, as well as put another smile on Ward's face and ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom