Food suggestions before XL Center game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Food suggestions before XL Center game

Reaction Score
This seems like a good place to shout-out Four Dads as our new pregame go-to spot.

Solid beers on tap, good whiskey selection/prices. We've had wings, pizza and sandwiches now, and all were really good. And everyone working there is awesome, even while slammed before a game. Definitely recommend (especially now that it is after the season and we don't have to worry about you taking our seats at the bar)

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This seems like a good place to shout-out Four Dads as our new pregame go-to spot.

Solid beers on tap, good whiskey selection/prices. We've had wings, pizza and sandwiches now, and all were really good. And everyone working there is awesome, even while slammed before a game. Definitely recommend (especially now that it is after the season and ywe don't have to worry about you taking our seats at the bar)
I like the Pizza by the slice at Four Dads. It's a nice slice, not an afterthought.

Reaction Score

Solid beers on tap, good whiskey selection/prices. We've had wings, pizza and sandwiches now, and all were really good. And everyone working there is awesome, even while slammed before a game. Definitely recommend (especially now that it is after the season and we don't have to worry about you taking our seats at the bar)
Love the place but it’s tiny. Was there pregame, they let a guy occupy a table for 6 for
an hour before the rest of his party arrived. Meanwhile many fans came in, looked and went elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. So we ended up at El Pollo Guapo on Front Street. We went there figuring we could pick either that or Bear's. Worked out great and actually had enough time to head to a bar for a beer before the game too. Next time I'll try to make sure I'm there early and make a reservation at Salute. Saw Sorella's also. Is that good?

Btw, does anyone work in downtown Hartford? We got there about 5:30, parked and walked down Main St. and then down to Front Street. I could count how many people we passed on one hand. My son lives in Boston and we were laughing that we hardly passed a soul walking down Main Street at 5:30.
I work downtown Hartford. Most of the Insurance companies are still hybrid remote, workers only have to come in 2 or 3 days a week. Some days my garage is empty, sometimes I have a tough time finding a spot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Saw Sorella's also. Is that good?
I can recommend Sorella's. Italian, a bit more casual than Salute with their wood-fired pizza oven. A major plus is Sorella is prepared for game days. Even though the place was mobbed, the service was excellent. I've seen AD Dave there pregame.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom